1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a repaint/reissue I think they did pretty good with this set. It looks much better than the V1 and the addition of the shotgun and extra grenades is nice. While I think the sculpted mask head will be better, I do think they should have included an empty mask for him to hold so people could recreate the image of him waiting on the street.

I had the original and thought it was great. After a few years I decided to sell it because I had so many 1/6 Nolan Jokers. I had V1, BR, V1 with BR head, DX01, and DX01 Cop. I didn't set out to have so many Jokers, it just ended up that way because of multiple releases. So once the DX11 was announced I decided to sell them all and just have that one definitive Joker.

There is a part of me that wants to order this because it looks good, but that little voice in my head tells me no. It is just too expensive for what it is. I'm in Canada so it would be $270 + $30 shipping + $38 in customs, after the conversion rate I would be paying probably $370 CDN. I'd rather spend the extra $60 and get a PS4 so I can play Arkham Knight when it gets released. I don't mind spending money on big ticket items (I have the 1/4 Batman, Tumbler, and 89 Batmobile. I also have the 3 pack armory on order) and I can afford to spend the money, I just don't want to. IMO this just isn't worth the money but more power to the people that are happy with spending that kind of cash on this.

thats fine but that was like 5 years ago. Its my first joker and ive been looking for a while. 270 is a lot cheaper than a DX 2.0 for 500+ on ebay.

https://www.robotkingdom.com/htjoker20.html

Great store, I've bought from them for years. Shipping will be expensive but still much better than Ebay overall. Considering you don't mind spending a little extra, I'd put your money towards this before the BR Joker any day.

Does anyone actually care about this release (or the other Toy Fair exclusives for that matter) anymore after the wallop Hot Toys has hit us with in the last couple of days?

I'm still keeping my order for now. Unlike many of you, I have a very small TDK collection, so it's good for me to see more coming and I'm definitely more interested in seeing new than reissued stuff.

Does anyone actually care about this release (or the other Toy Fair exclusives for that matter) anymore after the wallop Hot Toys has hit us with in the last couple of days?

Honestly I'm a little confused by some of the IM releases but as for this one, I'm getting it for the better clothing and bag but I think most who will get it will be the ones who missed it before so I don't think that will change for them as well. :dunno

:lecture I wish I could rep you for that comment DiFabio, but I need to spread a little around first... The amount of goodness that has been revealed in the last 24-48 hours made me forget all about this one.

Im still excited for it. One that I have been wanting and waiting to be reissued. For me its a first time own, so yeah, excited still.

from dotcomb0 on Instagram

image.jpg

Yes, that post was focused on movies...and whether you focus only on movies, or all media....including toys, I'd have to respectfully disagree with Spider-Man making more money that Batman. Spider-man has sold a lot of toys since he was created, and of course there was probably a significant spike during the 90s cartoon and all the hype that started with the first Raimi series....but even with all of that taken into consideration, I think Batman is so much bigger. Batmania predates Spidey hype, the 89 Batman film, and even to an extent, the 66 TV series. Bat merch has been around and selling almost since Batman.

Star Wars merch kills it though. :)
I don't disagree, as I wasn't arguing that Spidey beats Batman at all. Notice I said he was number 2 with a bullet ;) But I would put Spidey ahead of Superman.

Back