1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wanted to share this and get some opinions. This is my second armory Batman and there's a separation in the chest plate just below the bat symbol. I've looked at my DX12 and other armory Batman and neither of them looks this. The part in the middle looks the worst I think.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It amazes me how many QC issues these figures could potentially have. I thought I did a decent job of inspection, but I didn't eyeball my figures and sets as if they were radiation suits. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if these are more trouble than they're worth.

I don't think I've ever gotten a "perfect" Hot Toys figure to be honest. There's always some little (or big) thing that bugs me be it snags, scuffs, off eyes, whatever.

Yeah, looks smashed in and separated.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It amazes me how many QC issues these figures could potentially have. I thought I did a decent job of inspection, but I didn't eyeball my figures and sets as if they were radiation suits. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if these are more trouble than they're worth.

Thanks guys. I wanted to post that just make sure I wasn't crazy and seeing something that wasn't there. Now I will tell you what happened when I tried to get a replacement. I didn't order this directly from Sideshow, but from a MAJOR online seller who gets every Hot Toys figure from Sideshow.

First email from them:

Hello Xxxx,

My apologies, but the staff is having a little bit of trouble identifying the issue from your picture. I have forwarded the image on to Sideshow for their input and once I hear back, I'll be sure to contact you immediately. Please stand by and if I can assist with anything in the mean time, please email me.

Thank you,

Xxxxxx

Second email from them:

Hello Xxxx,

I heard back from Sideshow today and they say that the separation is normal and that there is no damage to the piece. Because this is coming directly from the source, we must side with them on this. Again, they have assured us that the slight separation you see is completely normal. Please email me if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Xxxxx

My email to them:

Xxxxxx,

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. Not only do I have the DX12, but I also another armory with just Batman and there is no separation. Both of these were purchased from you guys and I can send photos if you would like.

Xxxx

Third email from them:

Hello Xxxx,

I do apologize, but we have to side with the official distributor on this one. Sideshow's official response was that the separation is normal, so we have to follow that guideline. You're free to ship the item back and we will refund the purchase price once we receive it. If you would like to do that, please let me know and I will provide the address.

Thank you,

Xxxxxx

After that I called them and they stonewalled me. No replacement and all I can do is ship it back on my own dime. So I had pay for shipping twice and I have huge amount of pre-orders from these people. Now I have no idea if Sideshow really said this, but it seems pretty hard to believe.

They're telling the truth I bet. Sideshow probably didn't agree.

When I got my armory cowl replacement for my messed up PERS eyes directly from sid
Sideshow, the replacement Sideshow sent me was even worse and more wall eyed than the first. I contacted them again with pics of the derpy eyes and pretty much got a "you're SOL" message from them.

They're telling the truth I bet. Sideshow probably didn't agree.

When I got my armory replacement for my messed up PERS eyes directly from sideshow, the replacement they sent me was even worse and more wall eyes. I contacted them again and pretty much got a SOL message.

Wow... that just blows my mind dude.

Have you put both of them on a digital scale? I'm curious to know the difference. If the images on eBay of the armory Bruce Wayne body are any indication, then it appears Hot Toys have used lesser quality bodies (with lesser quality plastics and construction) compared to previous releases.
Yes the dx12 do feel sturdier and heavier as compared to the armory bats. That was my 1st impression when i took it out from the box. And that feeling of lesser quality bodies in it was really disappointing.

You'd be lucky to fit a grape inside the mask - absolutely display purposes only.

Hot Toys has a knack for making undersized heads, and the Batman cowl is no exception. But even if the sizes were correct, there's just no way to make a hard moulded shell fit over a hard head sculpt of a similar size.

Is anyone's armory suit hangers crooked? My first one was. I just received my replacement and it's the same. What the hell Hot Toys?!

Is anyone's armory suit hangers crooked? My first one was. I just received my replacement and it's the same. What the hell Hot Toys?!

Mine were, had to adjust them a little bit. They should probably be adjusted further but I haven't had the patience/energy to do it yet. And now that everything is fully stocked in there, it's even less likely I'll find the desire. ;)

How did you adjust them exactly? Did you remove the top to gain access to them? The hangers seem pretty fixed. One of them broke on my first armory. Afraid to mess with the replacement...

How did you adjust them exactly? Did you remove the top to gain access to them? The hangers seem pretty fixed. One of them broke on my first armory. Afraid to mess with the replacement...

Firm and careful force. Not recommended if you're not willing to possibly break something. I figured if I broke it I'd have to fix it. ;)

Back