1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you. In fact for some reason i rate the dx12 batman higher than the armoury batman. Something just feel off about the latter. I can't shake that "inferior" feeling when i'm handling the armory batman. But the improvement on the eyes is a nice touch imo. The dx12 cant hold a candle to it. But other than that, overall, I felt the better 1/6 batman is still the dx12.

You just aren't making any sense. it's the same exact figure with improved eyes, mouths, and a couple leg panels. :huh

And the eye and mouth "improvement" is questionable, at the very least subjective. They're just different expressions. The only difference in the suit is the transparency of the plastic used for the carbon-like elements.

But if there's a chance we can popularize the idea that the DX12 is superior, I say go for it. I can hold onto mine a little longer and wait for the price to climb further before selling it. ;)

105317-fun-coupons-wolf-of-wall-stree-UFbA.gif

Even though I like the armory and DX 12, I actually like the finish on the DX 12 suit better. I'm glad I haven't noticed the crooked symbol on the chest.

The head and mouth piece on the Armory is way better though, well, one of the mouth plates anyway. The other three are crap. Overall I've kept both and glad I have them.

How is Armory bats in any way inferior to DX12? Armory bats has better leg panels and straighter bat chest symbol.

And I don't get what people's gripe is with the armory belt? The clips and accessories attach very securely. I was expecting them to fall off and whatnot.

i'm sorry, but i also think that the armory batman feels cheap compared to the dx 12. it is in the finishing (my armory batman glue is not as tidy as the dx 12) and the feels (DX 12 is actually heavier than the armory batman).

that being said, i love both figures.

(DX 12 is actually heavier than the armory batman.

Have you put both of them on a digital scale? I'm curious to know the difference. If the images on eBay of the armory Bruce Wayne body are any indication, then it appears Hot Toys have used lesser quality bodies (with lesser quality plastics and construction) compared to previous releases.

Probably been comparison pics of the Armory sculpt & DX12 but here is my set.
First 3 are the Armory neck + Head on the DX12 body, next 3 is the DX12 head + neck on the DX12:

DSCF3241_zps85276e93.jpg

DSCF3242_zpsae47fb0e.jpg

DSCF3243_zps888ecb78.jpg

DSCF3248_zpsd9b80543.jpg

DSCF3252_zps49625d9b.jpg

DSCF3253_zps09a0a25b.jpg

Bats in TDK
TheDarkKnight2008BRRipH264KingBen2j.jpg

In TDKR
batman.jpg

So I wanted to share this and get some opinions. This is my second armory Batman and there's a separation in the chest plate just below the bat symbol. I've looked at my DX12 and other armory Batman and neither of them looks this. The part in the middle looks the worst I think.

Attachments

• 20141227_084310a.jpg
    20141227_084310a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 440
Back