1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you claim the VAT and customs fee back?

It's fairly straightforward. You just need to get your item classed under certain commodity codes. I have normally been charged full 20% VAT when importing, but that's them classifying these figures as toys. Which they are not.

If like me, you buy from sideshow.the item will be posted by FedEx and you would need to complete HMRC form C285(PI). If you buy from other retailers and they end up using parcel force, then it's a different form to complete. But mostly it would be a C285(PI) you would complete. See
https://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/forms/view.page?record=Bc2hJFTaDRM&formid=178

It's fairly straightforward. You just need to get your item classed under certain commodity codes. I have normally been charged full 20% VAT when importing, but that's them classifying these figures as toys. Which they are not.

If like me, you buy from sideshow.the item will be posted by FedEx and you would need to complete HMRC form C285(PI). If you buy from other retailers and they end up using parcel force, then it's a different form to complete. But mostly it would be a C285(PI) you would complete. See
https://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/forms/view.page?record=Bc2hJFTaDRM&formid=178

And this works for you every time?

What code do you classify them as on the form?

And this works for you every time?

What code do you classify them as on the form?

I've only started doing it for my back collection, I only started collecting about 1 year ago. It's worked every time so far, recently just sent 5 forms in and They paid me my vat back straight into my bank account in one go. Nice wee amount over £100 back last month.

I didn't classify the item as any commodity code myself, I called the commodity code classification line and they ask you to describe the item and they tell you the commodity code. Then i just filled in the form accordingly, stating what the commodity code classification line told me.

Give it a go, it's worthwhile.

I've only started doing it for my back collection, I only started collecting about 1 year ago. It's worked every time so far, recently just sent 5 forms in and They paid me my vat back straight into my bank account in one go. Nice wee amount over £100 back last month.

I didn't classify the item as any commodity code myself, I called the commodity code classification line and they ask you to describe the item and they tell you the commodity code. Then i just filled in the form accordingly, stating what the commodity code classification line told me.

Govanrangersman, I've just PM'd you on the matter.. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm considering canceling my preorder and going with a DX12... but only if I find one reasonably priced. I'll go with the Batman + Armory for the prices that some folks on eBay and on the board are asking but if the DX12 prices go down... I just don't have the space for a diorama.

So if anyone is looking to move a DX12 for a reasonable price to fund this... let me know ;)

You could either wait for DX12 prices to go down (locally I've seen them gone down to below $300 after the prices for these sets were announced, getting rid of their extra DX12s to fund this maybe), or if you don't care about BRuce and Alfred just order the Armory with Batman. Who knows, you might have extra space for it. If not, you could just keep the Batman figure and sell the Armory. You'd end up getting a better deal that way than any low-priced DX12 I suppose.

The most useful thing I've ever read on this forum. I ve just had to pay £256.71 to Fed Ex.Many thanks!!

Is it the same code everytime? Also is there any time limit? Had quite a few within the past 6 months.

OneSixthBruce in the UK just revealed the price for the full set (MMS236) and it's actually cheaper than Sideshow's price.

£374.99, which at today's rate is $621.12.

That's an amazing price for three figures and the armoury. (And no shipping to pay for me).

Even better, the more orders OSB gets, the more he can reduce the price:
Yes, I agree. UK collectors should all buy from Wai Man at OneSixthBruce. His price is only £375 compared to Mother's Basement who is asking £550. I have never bought from Wai Man before, but my correspondence with him gives me the impression he is a decent fella. Anyone any experience with OSB?

Yes, I agree. UK collectors should all buy from Wai Man at OneSixthBruce. His price is only £375 compared to Mother's Basement who is asking £550. I have never bought from Wai Man before, but my correspondence with him gives me the impression he is a decent fella. Anyone any experience with OSB?

There are two UK sellers that I highly recommend: WaiMan at OneSixthBruce and Darren at Collectable Kitbash.

I generally order Hot Toys from OSB and other brands from CK (such as ACI, Kaustic Plastik, VTS, DAM & Magic Cube).

Both pack figures extremely well - I'm talking bombproof packaging!

Whatever you do, don't buy from Mothers Basement. They've proven over the past few months that they don't give a monkey's about their customers and will gladly take your money and not bother to send you your items, evidently, they also like to overcharge beyond words for their items.

I find OSB is consistently the lowest prices for Hot Toys in the UK, and other figures. I picked up the Morgan Freeman CEO fig on their site yesterday for £75.00
Plus we don't need to worry about customs fee and VAT. The shipping is a reasonable £13. I'll definitely be getting all my figures from OSB from now on. I'm dreading the additional fees I'll be slapped with very soon from my Sideshow Darth Vader. The more I read about the comments on this forum regarding his height, skinny arms, loose pants etc, the more I am regretting buying it.:slap

Whatever you do, don't buy from Mothers Basement. They've proven over the past few months that they don't give a monkey's about their customers and will gladly take your money and not bother to send you your items, evidently, they also like to overcharge beyond words for their items.

I've never had a problem with mothers basement. They now only take a 5% deposit for preorders and you pay the rest when they have the item ready to ship. I preordered the full set for £423 with the 10% off sale and during December they didn't take deposits either..

Can't wait to see the goofy prices the parts of this set will be going for on eBay when it comes out. I bet the Wayne suit and Alfred heads will be big sellers

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Is it the same code everytime? Also is there any time limit? Had quite a few within the past 6 months.

I claimed it back for goods I purchased a year ago or so. So not sure how far you can go, but certainly within last year.

Yes once you get them to classify your goods and give you a note of the commodity code to use, you can just continue to use that on each form in the future providing the items are the same type.

Have a look at
https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/sections
This shows the commodity codes, check if your goods apply to any classification code listed and if so, what VAT rate it is charged at or customs duty that is applicable. If it's a zero VAT code, then defo make the claim.

Fair enough, your mistake.

Not really a mistake. I'm new to hot toys collecting and they were the company that I ordered my first one from, as everything went great I continued to use them. And the loyalty scheme is a nice bonus.. If you recommend osb then I may try them on my next purchase..

Back