1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered it a bit ago from SSC. Rewards points rock and, though I've just started out with them, it's cool how much are accumulating.

I'm surprised. I thought buying this would be a tough sell for the wife, but ever since my first purchase (MOS Jor El), she's been sold on the quality. Apparently, when I showed her the armory I didn't have to ask. She knew I was going to get it no matter what and I'd be good for it financially without taking away from her and the boys.

Now the hard part...waiting.

Just saw this earlier tonight. Pretty cool set! I didn't read through all 1700 other posts though, so can someone tell me if the differences in faceplates, and any other major differences between the previous DX and this Batman figure?

Just saw this earlier tonight. Pretty cool set! I didn't read through all 1700 other posts though, so can someone tell me if the differences in faceplates, and any other major differences between the previous DX and this Batman figure?

Basically the actual batman figure itself is essentially the same a the dx12 but with new face plates, smaller versions of the qs001. It also seems to have a slightly new belt as its in segments or links like the dx12 but is a clean belt with all the little canisters and stuff that can be added, again I think this is like the qs001.

Other than that it's the obvious stuff from the pics, such as not including the EMP gun or steps base. Also, I've mentioned this before so I may sound like a broken record, but one thing they've included that I love is the grapple gun holster. I loved that look in the dark knight.

Yeah, but once you factor in the $31 in rewards points AE is only $20 cheaper. Still better but not that much better.

not for those of us living in Cali. The tax straight up rapes you. That's why I always order from AE unless SS offers an exclusive version. Cheaper and no tax. They also have their own reward points.

I'm familiar with SSC and their business; I just think a $120 markup is a bit extreme. The original Hot Toys price already includes a profit margin, and being the sole US distributor, SSC can charge what they want without fear of competition. I don't disagree with the practice of marking up items, it just appears that they have marked up each component of the set by $30 instead of a $30 markup on the set. But I am glad that people will have another opportunity to pick up a 1/6 Nolan batman.

It's a little more than that i think. There is a lot involved behind the scenes being the USA distributor.

Yeah, but once you factor in the $31 in rewards points AE is only $20 cheaper. Still better but not that much better.

You get $11 reward points from AE as well.

Haha, no one way is better than the other. It just depends how you want to spend your money. If you plan on paying in full, AE is going to save you a few extra bucks. If you plan on paying over the course of time, then there's only one option there. No point in arguing what is better, just go with what suits you best. :wink1:

And at AE, you can use reward points without having the item become disqualified for getting more points.

:( rethinking my AE preorder over SS now
after shipping and all I save $40 with AE over SS but forgot I get points with SS

:( rethinking my AE preorder over SS now
after shipping and all I save $40 with AE over SS but forgot I get points with SS
You get $11 from AE so regardless you save money. You don't lose anything from ordering from AE. They might even double box it depending on how big the actual box is compared to having to pay for pack out.

And at AE, you can use reward points without having the item become disqualified for getting more points.

It may just be the way you wrote this, but what do you mean by that, the "without having the item become disqualified for getting more points" part? lol Sorry, I just didn't understand.

You get $11 from AE so regardless you save money. You don't lose anything from ordering from AE. They might even double box it depending on how big the actual box is compared to having to pay for pack out.

I think they double box everything from what everyone's been saying.

^^ Ss being the *** they are, they dont give you points on an order when you use existing rewards to buy that product.

Is that Emma Watson in your signature?

Yes it is.... Yes it is.... Please do not ever change it :wink1:

anger-management-o.gif

How does the PERS work? Is there like a slot on the back of his head with like a tab on it to get the PERS mechanism?

Back