1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see I don't really look at this as an upgrade to anything mainly because I want the suit hanging in the armory, rather than putting the armor on Bruce. So to me, if people have previous versions of any TDK or DX figures, really this piece stands alone by itself. Plus we finally get a Bruce Wayne thats officially licensed in his suit thats far far far better than Medicoms. And we get Alfred!!!!!! I dont buy custom figures, so this piece is really a big deal for me as im mainly a Batman/Nolan Trilogy collector, and I have been wanting this for such a long time from HTs. I didnt want to pull the trigger on Toy Legends or anything else, I just waited patiently for HTs versions all these years. I knew they would make them once people started making their own and HTs saw the demand for them :)

Also I think for the most part just have to accept in this hobby that figures will constant get better and upgraded when there is an opportunity. HTs themselves can see their stuff gets better, they get better talent, their skills improve every release. They want better figures themselves. It shows to me they care and dedicated about achieving accurate likeness. Others think they are just being greedy, but i will always disagree with that. Sure you may not like a figure they produce or not care about a release, but we don't know them personally, and we dont work for them. And theres way too much that goes on behind the scenes making just 1 figure, I think people get a little spoiled by them because there stuff is so good, they think they can do anything at the blink of an eye. A delay in a release they announce could be any number of reasons like approval delays from the companies that hold the license as they have stated many times in interviews.

Anyway, this is an amazing piece I think, and can't wait to get this whenever it comes out :)

:goodpost::exactly:
So well said- I LOVE this set and yes I don't believe the great" HT Conspiracy "to rip us off by not doing the best they can with each release.

$625 isn't a horrible pill to swallow. At least people have until next October to pay it down.

I will wait a while if I want to order this, it all depends what else comes in the end of 2014 pipeline. Spring already is a bit messy with releases haha.

Im now debating on waiting to see if people will part out their full sets for me to just the armory, accessories, and bat figure. I figure if it's loose and in hand, maybe it be cheaper....

$625 isn't a horrible pill to swallow. At least people have until next October to pay it down.

I will wait a while if I want to order this, it all depends what else comes in the end of 2014 pipeline. Spring already is a bit messy with releases haha.

3 fgures- armory- TON of weapons and such- in 2014 HT dollars it is CHEAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

Im now debating on waiting to see if people will part out their full sets for me to just the armory, accessories, and bat figure. I figure if it's loose and in hand, maybe it be cheaper....

Probably not, anybody buying this isn't going to sell everything but Bruce and Alfred for less than you could buy the Armory and Batman for by itself. If thats all they were after they'd just wait for the eBay parts sellers.

Well... I think most people would agree that the only thing that sucked about the MOS proto was the body, the head sculpt is as good as the final product.
Couldn't agree more, but at least, 'improvement'. :wink1:

Batmanheadsculptfixqs001.jpg

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Sounds like a plan, mate! :clap
it is a plan, :rotfl
nothing interest me in 2014 Movie release though, unless unexpected pre-order like this again. :panic:

I guess all those $300-350 DX12s *should* (in theory) will be going down in price now. The Armory set with Batman being $380... not much more than what these fellas are asking for and you get a lot more.

The price for the full set isn't bad, given what you get. I haven't bought any HT Batman items since TDK so I'm not sure if I want to jump back in but it's tempting to have this on the shelves all together.

I'm glad I held off on the Chitauri set... now I have the financial "space" for the complete Armory set.

I'll be getting this for the Alfred and Bruce; the rest is just gravy (though I'm paying for the rest too, of course). It looks like my Alfred and Bruce kitbashes-in-progress are unnecessary. I'll have to repurpose the Caine and Bale headsculpts I bought for other characters or perhaps for alternate costuming.

I'm surprised the full set is only $100 more than Alfred and the Armory; not a bad price for all 3.

Agreed. Bruce is only $100 which is what a HT body and suit would cost you.

I'm in for the full set but the NRD the week between xmas and the first of the month stings.

$625... I just threw up in my mouth a little. Not saying I wouldn't buy all three if they were $210 each, it's just seeing it all at once...

They charge the same price (MSRP) now because they don't have a NRD so people order through them :cuckoo: I'd rather pay a NRD on something I KNOW I be getting and earn Reward Points and possibly even use Flex Pay. I don't know why people think no cancellation fee or NRD is the way to go. If you're going to get it, then is shouldn't matter. Its all of the unsure people that order from BBTS.

I'd rather buy from BBTS just because I live in CA. There's about $46 in sales tax I'm saving!

The PO you deserve... but not the one you need right now? Wait what? I don't need this sideshow?

BAM! Dat Markup! $691.86 in some states.

Back