1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what so you thinking of this set, Difabio? Gettin' it?

I'm actually think of selling all my Nolan Batman stuff and just hanging onto one Bale Batman and one Ledger Joker and the Batpod. :lol

My Begins figures are crap, Scarecrow is boring, Gordon is pointless and both of my Dent's broke without me touching them. The high end Batman scene doesn't feel fresh any more. I think I'd be happier with less stuff and a focus on ONE Batman and ONE Joker. I've got like 4 or 5 of both those ****ers. :lol

This sort of reminds me of the debate that took place about pre-Kato Jokers. "What is accurate? What we see on screen or how it is in real life?" I remember a lot of people were in the camp that said The Joker's coat lining should be orange, as that's the way the original prop was made, but others argued that it appeared red on film, and, thus, to them, it was accurate. To me, it's a potato/potahto thing; everyone has their own tastes. With that in mind, if I ever hit the powerball, I don't even care; I'll commission an entire TDK line of sculpts and clothes from Adam and Kato.:lol Granted, my odds of winning the powerball are somewhere in the 1/270,000,000 range, if I'm not mistaken.:lol

So Hot Toys came out blazing with their christmas stuff. I can't really see them topping this as far as reveals go. Or Can They?

I already said the prices:
Armory 320 euro
Armory + Alfred 430 euro
Armory + Bruce + Alfred: 500 euro

I'm actually think of selling all my Nolan Batman stuff and just hanging onto one Bale Batman and one Ledger Joker and the Batpod. :lol

My Begins figures are crap, Scarecrow is boring, Gordon is pointless and both of my Dent's broke without me touching them. The high end Batman scene doesn't feel fresh any more. I think I'd be happier with less stuff and a focus on ONE Batman and ONE Joker. I've got like 4 or 5 of both those ****ers. :lol

I did this a few months back. :lecture

Now, I'm left with DX12 Bats, DX11 Joker and OC Bats. I'm happy with the decision I made and can't wait to add this new set to my collection instead. :panic:

Great set, but I'm done with Nolan trilogy.

My Wayne and Alfred kitbash is good enough for me.

Pity they do not give single Alfred option :(

P.S.: They could suddenly announce Gordon with bat-signal, again. :huh

That is the only way we're getting another Gordon, you can bet on it. And Blake will be coming with the TDKR case. I think after the Iron man cases tanked HT realized they need something extra special to get us to buy these cages. Exclusives figures is sure fire way to do that. I'm just glad Alfred isn't the super, deluxe, biggie, extra large combo set exclusive that Bruce is. I'll be getting it as I've got nearly $680 in rewards points saved up, but I'd have much rather spent them elsewhere. I just hope the Batsignal and TDKR cage isn't as super deluxe and just have the one exclusive figure.

Depending on price and figure combination this will be an order from me... or I'll pick up a DX12 one of you guys will be unloading (depending on price).

I don't think that this will be a long way off.
I'd be surprised it weren't in hand by June.

That's what I'm talking about! :rock

That's what I did about a year and a half ago. You saw my collection. I sold all the extras. I had way too many Ledger Jokers. I sold the DX01, BRJ, V1 and some other bash I had. I got rid of a bunch of extras like all the TF accessories etc. I sold a bunch. ALthough I do have more than one of each. I have two of each. I have the DX12 and my Medix which I switch out with the Wayne head the modified head. I can never get rid of that one. He was a labor of love and I dig the Wayne sculpt on the batsuit. I have the DX11 and I had extra stuff so I used that for the laughing sculpt. I didn't use the whole dio, just the chair. Im even thinking about taking him down and just sticking to one Joker. Oh, and I have the TF BB POS with a custom sculpt. Got rid of Bane, I was thinking about putting a Gordon together but sold the sculpt. For me a more direct collection with just iconic, main characters is the way to go. I think having 'bank manager' and 'Grumpy' bashes junk up a shelf and take away from the overall display. My main Batman shelf is Keaton Batman, Jack Joker ,Bale Batman, Ledger Joker and the BB suit on the end. It's an awesome set up and looks much better than it did before. The doubles are on another shelf. I think once you cut back on all those doubles you'll be happier with the display. I know I was. Once the 66 set comes out that will be it for me with Batman for some time. Now that will be awesome. West, Keaton, Bale, Jack, Ledger and Ward. That will be an awesome shelf. All I'd need then is Romero.

New DX Bank Robber Joker will probably be Joker 3.0
BB Batsuit will get DX treatment..maybe with BW/LOS gear
Blake will come with new TDKR armory.

Susan from Sideshow said via Twitter the PO will go up Monday but she doesn't know for how much yet.

Got caught up in the hype when this was announced today. Now I've thought about it I don't need an Alfred, the armoury is just a backdrop and I have a DX 12. I think I'll stick with my original idea and bash a Bruce Wayne and pick up some of the older figures I'm wanting. This is a great set for those that missed out on the DX 12 though.

Back