1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a pity they now feel the need to put PERS into every single Batman figure they ever release. Given how packed the rest of this set is this could have been a nice opportunity to try out normal painted eyes on a TDK Batman for the first time since MMS71, a chance to finally nail the squinty eyes look.

:goodpost: :yess:

Not to ruffle any feathers.....

But...does it effin matter???

Really??

Here are the facts. It's got pers, possible updated cowl, NEW shrunken down QS face plates...other than these new additions, it's basically the same exact figure from last year. It's even posed in one of the promo pics.

Even if it doesn't carry the DX name, in the end, does it really matter?

It's missing a couple of things from the DX release, but yeah, idk why peeps get so bent out of shape. It's essentially the same MF'ing thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not being advertised as DX12 because the DX12 is the entire set of the TDKR Batman figure with all the accessories, weapons, stand etc. We are getting (looks like at least) the Batman figure from the DX12. Advertising this as the DX12 would not be accurate.

:lecture

Said this a few pages back...no one listens though :lol

I disagree

It's the figure that makes....well the figure. Not the accessories. For example when HT released the Gantry with the Mark IV no one said they couldn't label it as such (or it would be false advertising) because it didn't come with a pair of shades or box of doughnuts. When I think of the DX12 I think of the figure not the steps or a gun with an LED light in it.

It wouldn't make sense for Hot Toys to go cheap and not provide just as good a quality suit for this release and yeah a lot of the other bits are probably just going to be re-casts from the DX12 (the Bale head, the gloves etc) but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they compromise somewhere to lower the price (limited/less articulation in the body for example)

I disagree

It's the figure that makes....well the figure. Not the accessories. For example when HT released the Gantry with the Mark IV no one said they couldn't label it as such (or it would be false advertising) because it didn't come with a pair of shades or box of doughnuts. When I think of the DX12 I think of the figure not the steps or a gun with an LED light in it.

It wouldn't make sense for Hot Toys to go cheap and not provide just as good a quality suit for this release and yeah a lot of the other bits are probably just going to be re-casts from the DX12 (the Bale head, the gloves etc) but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they compromise somewhere to lower the price (limited/less articulation in the body for example)

Understand what you are saying but the Mark IV is MMS 123 while the Mark IV with the gantry is MMS160. the MMS160 is NOT the MMS123 plus the gantry, it is the Mark IV plus the gantry. So in this case, the armory is NOT the DX12 plus the armory, it is the Batman figure plus the armory.

The DX12 is a name of a package. The MK IV is the name of a suit.
That's why you can say it's included in the Gantry. The suits name came from the movie, not HT.

I don't see how HT would invest however many hundreds of hours of R&D into TDK to then lower the quality.

Re: Hot Toys- The Dark Knight Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

My guess is that they just figured it'd be more economical to use a pre-existing cowl and do PERS (which sucks, but what are you gonna do? I mean the re-using the cowl sucks, I still like PERS).

It seems like a weird dilution of the brand.

It was always, "DX = PERS". So now that PERS doesn't necessarily mean a DX release, hopefully we can get a DX release of something without PERS.

Wishful thinking, anyway.

That's why you can say it's included in the Gantry. The suits name came from the movie, not HT.

I don't see how HT would invest however many hundreds of hours of R&D into TDK to then lower the quality.

Agreed. In this example, DX12 = MMS123 and Batman Suit = Mark IV.

To say this armory "comes with the DX12" is not correct. Yes, a lot of people here will understand what is being said, but Hot Toys is not advertising this as "DX12 + Armory" because that is not what this is.

I disagree

Wouldn't make sense to make a whole knew less articulated body than use one that's already at their disposal. It would cost more to create new molds for this less articulated body which would be pointless. Legitiment ly asking, have you not seen the pics of the figure posed on HTC? The body obviously has the normal articulation of a TT :dunno

Also, the MK4 is the actual name of the suit in the film so what else would they label it as in the gantry set? Different situation here

I agree with that....and I usually get sort of annoyed when that happens...although, in this case, considering that if you are away from this thread for 10 minutes there are about 150 new posts, its totally understandable haha
Haha yea I know I know...but like you said, it gets a bit annoying.

Yep

Understand what you are saying but the Mark IV is MMS 123 while the Mark IV with the gantry is MMS160. the MMS160 is NOT the MMS123 plus the gantry, it is the Mark IV plus the gantry. So in this case, the armory is NOT the DX12 plus the armory, it is the Batman figure plus the armory.

Yep

USD650 here locally for the biggest set. SSC usually has the same price.

1546407_610212692381542_1561688085_n.jpg

I keep looking at it, and I love it, but , seriously, they need to fix that cowl(a bit more major), those eyes(a bit more major), those shoulder pads(minor), and those neck plate connectors(minor). Other than that, it's fantastic.

I'll probably get this.

I have a DX12 so I'll put the new head on it and pose him fighting my Bane and have Alfred and Bruce with the empty suit in the armory.

I think it's nice that they cared enough to shrink the QS001's faceplates to fit DX12.

Back