1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So people really think they photographed the Toy Legend set?

I think Alfred looks great! Batman, i never said not too fix him. :lol But honestly, its miniscule stuff, if they fix Batman, cool. If not, the figure looks amazing anyway and only real nitpicky people even notice. and its not like im having a Freaks convention in my house to nitpick figures with a microscope.

I think Alfred looks great too, I was just kidding. Maybe I should have added "older Asian Tom Cruise". :lol

And yeah, everyone keeps saying it's the Toy Legend set, albeit some tweaks. Looking at the Toy Legend set, yeah they are almost exact. Even the Sticky bomb placement that someone pointed out and the cylinders are the same. Hot Toys just bought one, messed around with it a bit and threw it on a stand pedestal with a paper title plate for pics.

But Batman, I dunno. I don't think it's "nitpicking" to say that head looks like crap. We know what Hot Toys is capable of. We've seen that they can do a lot better between different Batman figures (DX 09) and even from the same line (QS001). Goofy looking eyes and the same problems people have *****ed about since 2010 shouldn't be happening when there are better sculpts/looks of the mask and cowl with eyes out there. Some even DONE by them.

I still don't get how they take notice of all these customs and try to out do them (Kato Joker suits, Interrogation set up, Armory sets, etc.) but still haven't caught on to the capes. Every cape they do sucks, surely they've caught on that Lance and Tony's are the go to folks on the board for better capes. The capes they're using aren't even that elaborate! Yet Hot Toys still uses that heavy blanket thing they insist on using on every single release. :lol

This nitpicking is getting old but it happens with EVERY release from HT ....seriously this is stuff of the highest grade/ high end toys. Even the weakest of the HT figures are miles ahead of anything ever produced in this area of collecting.
:exactly:

so much of it is eye of the beholder too. like Alfred. people think he looks asian??....i dont see it. They said same with Hawkeye, and i thought he looked perfectly like Renner sitting on my shelf :)

Plus its a toy, sculpted by hand, then mass produced. extremely difficult thing to do to sculpt human form especially trying to copy someone's likeness. So i try and respect their talent and leave it up to them to fix what they see needs fixing. If they get ideas from fans, great! If i think something is off, i might express my concern, but i dont act like i want to burn their offices down. Just wish people were a little more respectful

Alfred is cool.
Glasses as an add on would be even more cool:
Michael-Caine-Alfred_portrait_w858.jpg

But they have to fix DX12 both batman cowl, and Bruce's sculpt. They could shrink 1/4 and it will be better. But the whole Bruce sculpt has to be re-done. Just look at stills:
dk0058fd7.jpg

and this :slap:
1488275_558298967587805_471409684_n.jpg

And stripes are BLUE!

:exactly:

so much of it is eye of the beholder too. like Alfred. people think he looks asian??....i dont see it. They said same with Hawkeye, and i thought he looked perfectly like Renner sitting on my shelf :)

Plus its a toy, sculpted by hand, then mass produced. extremely difficult thing to do to sculpt human form especially trying to copy someone's likeness. So i try and respect their talent and leave it up to them to fix what they see needs fixing. If they get ideas from fans, great! If i think something is off, i might express my concern, but i dont act like i want to burn their offices down. Just wish people were a little more respectful

You know it!:1-1:

Yet SS's human figures somehow get easy passes in terms of sculpting and tailoring- seriously SS's stuff is inferior in every way to HT. Just put the BEST of a SS figure up to HT's weakest figure and the differences are staggering.

Alfred is cool.
Glasses as an add on would be even more cool:
Michael-Caine-Alfred_portrait_w858.jpg

But they have to fix DX12 both batman cowl, and Bruce's sculpt. They could shrink 1/4 and it will be better. But the whole Bruce sculpt has to be re-done. Just look at stills:
dk0058fd7.jpg

and this :slap:
1488275_558298967587805_471409684_n.jpg

And stripes are BLUE!
Ok- angle/lighting of HT's sculpt against Bale- it is just that- in hand MUCH closer to that still pic of Bale. Also- Bale's eyes are much more open in that real pic...just that particular scene. Makes a big difference in appearance. I agree Alfred needs to have those glasses!

I think I might go with SSC FlexPlan. I'm thinking, the $11 saved would have to be used at AE and I've never purchased from them before. I usually do SSC because the shipping is usually cheaper and the reward points are better. The $31 reward points at SSC would probably be more useful. I'd be paying almost $50 more ordering from them now though. So shoot, maybe AE is better value... I'd just have to buy from them again in the future. :slap

Does AE charge the NRD right away? It says within 48 hours but that could still mean today yeah? And if they haven't charged anything yet, will I still be able to cancel? I want to hold my spot before it sells out, and have some more hours to think about it.

Does AE charge the NRD right away? It says within 48 hours but that could still mean today yeah? And if they haven't charged anything yet, will I still be able to cancel? I want to hold my spot before it sells out, and have some more hours to think about it.

it should be 48 hours and you can cancel before then- I'd do it by tomorrow as Wed is a Holiday- no one there I'm sure!

Ok- angle/lighting of HT's sculpt against Bale- it is just that- in hand MUCH closer to that still pic of Bale. Also- Bale's eyes are much more open in that real pic...just that particular scene. Makes a big difference in appearance.

The whole face is of different proportions and forms.
This has to be tweaked to fit TDK look, but I see much more Bale here:
3_zps73a0c7ee.jpg

I think Alfred looks great too, I was just kidding. Maybe I should have added "older Asian Tom Cruise". :lol

And yeah, everyone keeps saying it's the Toy Legend set, albeit some tweaks. Looking at the Toy Legend set, yeah they are almost exact. Even the Sticky bomb placement that someone pointed out and the cylinders are the same. Hot Toys just bought one, messed around with it a bit and threw it on a stand pedestal with a paper title plate for pics.

But Batman, I dunno. I don't think it's "nitpicking" to say that head looks like crap. We know what Hot Toys is capable of. We've seen that they can do a lot better between different Batman figures (DX 09) and even from the same line (QS001). Goofy looking eyes and the same problems people have *****ed about since 2010 shouldn't be happening when there are better sculpts/looks of the mask and cowl with eyes out there. Some even DONE by them.

I still don't get how they take notice of all these customs and try to out do them (Kato Joker suits, Interrogation set up, Armory sets, etc.) but still haven't caught on to the capes. Every cape they do sucks, surely they've caught on that Lance and Tony's are the go to folks on the board for better capes. The capes they're using aren't even that elaborate! Yet Hot Toys still uses that heavy blanket thing they insist on using on every single release. :lol

if they took the Toy Legends and just tweaked it, im sure TL will be suing. So unless we hear TL is suing, im not got to believe they did that. It would be a bit risky to do that. But their armory looked good, so if HTs makes one, its going to look similar anyway since they did a nice job with it. There just wouldnt be that much to do differently. but the conspiracy theorist will believe what they want.
And who knows, maybe they bought out TL and their designs and made their own improvments. :dunno

For Batman capes, yes, they havent been able to get them accurate to the films. I have a replica 1:1 cape made from a screen used cape, and no one has been able to get it close to 100% movie accurate. its kind of impossible because its a complex design and has a really strange way it hooks up with the neck & cowl. Just tough to do at 1:6 scale for a toy... And the fabric is tough to replicate in 1:6 scale too. the flocking and parachute silk i never seen anything like it in 1:6 scale. TonyM's looked the best to me as far as look and shape, but it would be quite a feat to really do it 100% movie accurate. But they could try and get them closer to what Tony does. Maybe its about production costs? who knows?

I always liked the capes they did for Thor & Loki. those came out really nice. Im not up to speed if they are movie accurate, but for figures, i thought they looked great. The MoS cape supposed to be nice too. ill have to wait and see once he comes in :)

SS was kind enough to cancel my order with no penalty because the NRD wasn't
paid yet.

Placed my order with AE for $580 shipped with a coupon code I had for them. :yess:

Back