1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Tony Mei is no longer doing replacement capes, where could I get one? If I could get a full length replacement cape, I'd definitely go ahead and get the Armoset.

There's a few on ebay that look alright but they aren't from Tony Mei. Just search "custom 1/6 batman cape".

The stock cape is overly criticized. I think it works fine.

My prime advice is to decide if you're going to get the Batman figure - access to a custom cape shouldn't really affect that decision.

If you decide to go for it, then try the stock cape when it comes. You can always change your mind and get a custom cape later, if you feel it's worth the money.

Since Tony Mei is no longer doing replacement capes, where could I get one? If I could get a full length replacement cape, I'd definitely go ahead and get the Armoset.

Go to a fabric store, pick a roll of fabric with the right density and shine to it that you like, and buy a yard. It'll cost you a few bucks, maximum.

Then take it home and cut the cape pattern you want.

It's really incredibly easy.

I'm not sure if you have a replacement cape available but if you don't, I can't recommend it enough. When I first got this figure, as great as this figure was, the stock cape bothered me to no end due to how it draped unnaturally. It was simply too stiff and the folds were too out of scale. I quickly ordered a replacement cape ("lfirigno" - spelling is off) and upon receiving it and installing it, it immediately elevated the figure to another level. The proverbial "man in a suit" in 1/6th scale was accomplished.

The replacement capes are more subtle and softer and will lie even closer to the body.

I ordered and am waiting for the Rayon cape, but saw some eBay reviews saying that there are no clips and you have to push the ends into the sockets of the armour. Do you have any pics? Was it hard to do? Many thanks

My replacement cape had no clips and I simply set up the folds and slipped in the ends with a computer flat-head screwdriver. Very easy and it stays in place fine.

The Dark Knight.jpg

Welp, went and pulled the trigger on the Armory with only the Batman figure yesterday and it's shipping out today. Should get it by middle of next week. Still need a custom cape, but hopefully I'll find one.

Very tempted to make the standard Armory set with just Batman my first Hot Toys purchase. The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time so it only seems right to make Batman and Joker my first HTs figures (though I'll probably end up making a custom Joker).

Is the Armory basically the cheapest way to get a Dark Knight Batman now a days? I think it's a pretty sweet looking set, but I would rather just get a Batman and save some money. I have the option to buy the Armory for $400 CAD (roughly $300 USD). Is it worth it or are there better options out there?

I'm looking at getting this and just Batman also, but I'm looking at spending about 350 - whereas the DX12 Batman I bought a year or so back only cost me 300. To be honest I'm just buying it mostly because I'm eternally annoyed that my DX12 fell of the shelf and got a small gash on the back of his head.

Is there any actual noticeable improvements with this one over the DX12? I'm hoping the body of this one isn't just a hollowed out batsuit, it is a truetype underneath also?

I'm looking at getting this and just Batman also, but I'm looking at spending about 350 - whereas the DX12 Batman I bought a year or so back only cost me 300. To be honest I'm just buying it mostly because I'm eternally annoyed that my DX12 fell of the shelf and got a small gash on the back of his head.

Is there any actual noticeable improvements with this one over the DX12? I'm hoping the body of this one isn't just a hollowed out batsuit, it is a truetype underneath also?

It's a full-on Batman figure. I don't have a DX12, but I do have two of the Armory Batman (I wanted to keep one suit mounted in the armory and then have another one to pose with the Joker, Bane, and Catwoman).

I'm no expert, but I believe the gap between his chest and abs armor is slightly smaller and the head is a completely new sculpt with new face plates to go with it. I personally find the Armory head to look way better than the DX12 head. The DX12 looks just a bit too comical for me (the irony), while the Armory head looks more real with more authentic facial expressions and eyes.

Very tempted to make the standard Armory set with just Batman my first Hot Toys purchase. The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time so it only seems right to make Batman and Joker my first HTs figures (though I'll probably end up making a custom Joker).

Is the Armory basically the cheapest way to get a Dark Knight Batman now a days? I think it's a pretty sweet looking set, but I would rather just get a Batman and save some money. I have the option to buy the Armory for $400 CAD (roughly $300 USD). Is it worth it or are there better options out there?

If you don't snag it at $300, I'll take it :pray:

It's a full-on Batman figure. I don't have a DX12, but I do have two of the Armory Batman (I wanted to keep one suit mounted in the armory and then have another one to pose with the Joker, Bane, and Catwoman).

I did the very same thing. Once I had Batman set up, the Armory looked empty, so ended up filling it up via parts from TA.

I did the very same thing. Once I had Batman set up, the Armory looked empty, so ended up filling it up via parts from TA.

Nice :). The only thing is that now I have an empty armory that I'm not using at all. I'm keeping all the armory accessories, but the armory itself is just sitting in the box. I don't need it, but I don't want to try to sell it the same way others have.. I've seen folks try to sell the empty armory for $100 and that's pretty crazy, IMO.

Nice :). The only thing is that now I have an empty armory that I'm not using at all. I'm keeping all the armory accessories, but the armory itself is just sitting in the box. I don't need it, but I don't want to try to sell it the same way others have.. I've seen folks try to sell the empty armory for $100 and that's pretty crazy, IMO.

How much would you want for your Armory?

Back