1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one order with BigBadToyStores already, should I cancel that and order from SlideShow or just stay with that ?

I have one order with BigBadToyStores already, should I cancel that and order from SlideShow or just stay with that ?

You get reward points with BBTS, right? The points with Sideshow may be more worthwhile to you. And the set may be too big for a packout, so that's another check in Sideshow's favor.

Packout ?

If you order, say a Hot Toys product, it will ordinarily ship to you in a Hot Toys brown shipper box. Both Sideshow and BBTS will ship it to you in an additional box, sometimes with packing material, but it costs about $10 more from Sideshow.

But because the armory is so large, there probably won't be a "packout" option.

Well I just canceled with BBTS and placed my order with SlideShow and had some pending points, not much but its like free shipping now. Also there charging a NRD with in 24 hours on all orders for this item.

SideShow only charges $15.00 for just the Armory set which is what I have on order, not interested in the other figures.

If you order, say a Hot Toys product, it will ordinarily ship to you in a Hot Toys brown shipper box. Both Sideshow and BBTS will ship it to you in an additional box, sometimes with packing material, but it costs about $10 more from Sideshow.

But because the armory is so large, there probably won't be a "packout" option.

They actually packed out the tumbler back when it came out if I remember correctly. Awesome.

The only thing they didn't to my knowledge was the 89 Batmobile, as that thing is essentially a refrigerator.

They actually packed out the tumbler back when it came out if I remember correctly. Awesome.

The only thing they didn't to my knowledge was the 89 Batmobile, as that thing is essentially a refrigerator.

Hmmm...the woman I spoke to said it would probably be too large. I want to make sure.

I'd rather not pay extra for another box, but I don't want a big dent in the armory box either.

No problem, man.

After reading about others' ED and Mark 42 headaches, I hope I don't run into any problems with either the figures or the boxes.

Both my armoury's arrived from HK cocooned in a ton of bubble wrap, don't know why companies like Sideshow don't do this instead of double boxing or risking damage to the box.

is the empty cowl a separate piece from the neck post?

pictures here shows batman holding the helmet -but in some reviews the empty cowl and neck are one piece
just want some clarification

the video review shows it as a one-piece
but I found this being sold at ebay- cowl and neck are a separate piece

mhyS3Ily_DQxcffctkZe-Jw.jpg

link:
Hot Toys 1 6 MMS236 Batman Armory with Bruce Alfred Perfect Batman Mask | eBay

thanks for the reply Stealth V3teran!

I hope Hot Toys would come up in the future of some kind of accessory kit/pack like the one
made for IronMan- - that has the Back Pack and another EMP gun now that there is an empty
cowl with the armory

Both my armoury's arrived from HK cocooned in a ton of bubble wrap, don't know why companies like Sideshow don't do this instead of double boxing or risking damage to the box.

The problem with SS's pack out is they just put some brown packing paper in there and no bubble wrap. I've still had a couple packages with huge dents that actually got through to the brown shipper and in one case all the way to the figure box. Yes I mostly blame UPS and their 'handling' of packages but for $10 extra you'd think SS could put a little more care and some bubble wrap in there. They have so many of those unsellable Tonto figures, use one of those for protection. :lol I'm on the east coast so there's a whole lot more opportunity for my package to get pummeled on the way.

The problem with SS's pack out is they just put some brown packing paper in there and no bubble wrap. I've still had a couple packages with huge dents that actually got through to the brown shipper and in one case all the way to the figure box. Yes I mostly blame UPS and their 'handling' of packages but for $10 extra you'd think SS could put a little more care and some bubble wrap in there. They have so many of those unsellable Tonto figures, use one of those for protection. :lol I'm on the east coast so there's a whole lot more opportunity for my package to get pummeled on the way.

I sympathise, there's surely no excuse for something like this from Sideshow. Timcent88 wraps his parcels, i.e. the mailer box, in about 7 or 8 layers of bubble wrap, with some brown paper around it, and they arrive perfect after a journey around the world. A private seller on ebay isn't spending any more money on wrapping than Sideshow, yet from him I get 100% mint items. I guess if there's no real competition for Sideshow in the States than there's no incentive for them to improve their service.

Back