1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only person who is finding the cape hard to attach? Today I not only left marks and scratches in the plastic around the hole but found myself exerting so much force that I thought I would break something... and in the end I gave up, worrying that I really would break it. Is there a trick I don't know? It's ****ing impossible. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I did actually break something - my hand was on the belt and I must have squeezed it too hard because it came apart right near the buckle (and not where it should).

Am I the only person who is finding the cape hard to attach? Today I not only left marks and scratches in the plastic around the hole but found myself exerting so much force that I thought I would break something... and in the end I gave up, worrying that I really would break it. Is there a trick I don't know? It's ****ing impossible. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I did actually break something - my hand was on the belt and I must have squeezed it too hard because it came apart right near the buckle (and not where it should).

Sorry to hear that, man. I never owned the DX12, but attaching the cape was a bugbear for some collectors. If I'm not mistaken, there are tabs or clips at the top of the cape that slip into the slots at the shoulders. On the other hand, some custom capes don't have these tabs and you just slip the material into the slots.

Sorry to hear that, man. I never owned the DX12, but attaching the cape was a bugbear for some collectors. If I'm not mistaken, there are tabs or clips at the top of the cape that slip into the slots at the shoulders. On the other hand, some custom capes don't have these tabs and you just slip the material into the slots.

Thanks mate. The clips are just impossible to get into the slots. I'm seriously thinking of removing them and instead attaching a chain across the two parts where the clips are - when I drape it over his shoulders it looks pretty good that way.

This happened to me with my DX 02, years back.

You're putting the clips in wrong. I can't really illustrate it, but you have to put those tabs in vertically and then slip them into the slots they're tucked in under the plastic. Once you get it and it's flush with the cape/armor, you're gold. You'll never have a problem again.

Maglor might have a video on it. This is one of those things where a demonstration helps.

Speaking of which, I just recieved all my armory gadgets in the mail.

I thought for sure I was scammed. The "box" wasn't even an inch thick, it was just a bunch of cardboard pieces,

image.jpg

I mean look at that! I thought for sure I had been ****ed. Low and behold, I cut the tape after a minute of thinking, "what the **** is this", and viola,

image.jpg

Pretty ingenious.

Last edited:

I thought for sure I was scammed. The "box" wasn't even an inch thick, it was just a bunch of cardboard pieces,

View attachment 133177

View attachment 133176

I mean look at that! I thought for sure I had been ****ed. Low and behold, I cut the tape after a minute of thinking, "what the **** is this", and viola,

View attachment 133178

Pretty ingenious.

Lookin' good, brother, what do you think of the gadgets?

Nice. Though I expect more from you, Rory. Like Alfred isn't holding his umbrella properly. :lol

And btw it's "you are dead", not your.

If that's how it'll look in hand, I'm pretty pleased. :rock

View attachment 133177

View attachment 133176

View attachment 133178

Pretty ingenious.

Damn :lol

Had no idea that's your real surname :lol

Reminds me of dracula's butler for some reason.

Btw, might be a good idea to edit and hour out the add and phone no portion.

I don't care about that addy or phone number. I don't ship this stuff to my home. :lol

Back