1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi dudes. I was wondering you could help.
I am going to purchase DK batman.
Which is the better one - the QS001 or B.A 1/6? - money isn't an issue.
I'd snap up the 1/4 batman but do you think HT would make 1/4 joker to match?

Hi dudes. I was wondering you could help.
I am going to purchase DK batman.
Which is the better one - the QS001 or B.A 1/6? - money isn't an issue.
I'd snap up the 1/4 batman but do you think HT would make 1/4 joker to match?
Isn't there a whole thread about this?? :lol

I would assume they are making a QS Joker to pair with their QS001.

Isn't there a whole thread about this?? :lol

I would assume they are making a QS Joker to pair with their QS001.

dejavu.jpg

HT is probably waiting for Enterbay's 1/4-scale rights to expire, if they haven't already. You know they're going to do Big Joker.

Seriously the packaging? What does it matter as long as they are well protected?

What does the packaging matter? People still say this today? Have you ever opened a Mac or iPhone or iPad package? If you're making high quality products you should have high quality packaging. From top to bottom everything should be quality, fit and finish.

** End of Reply to BatBrain **

The next line of this post is taking about loud:

The DX boxes and foam inserts are more functional and higher quality. The appearance and presentation exudes quality and the sense of a premium product.

Wow, throwing a hissy fits over plastic packaging?:slap

I don't think anyone threw a "hissy fit" or even leveled complaints about the packaging, just expressed a desire for more up-scale packaging at this price point.

** End of reference to Kcreed ** - the line above is actually in reply to the quoted comment and a couple of other comments accusing anyone who'd mentioned anything about the box of "complaining"

Now more general thought, which I hope no one thinks is me trying to stir them up…

I didn't expect foam as I was already anticipating this was a value release, but it would have been nice to have each figure in its own box within the larger carton.

Last edited:
What does the packaging matter? People still say this today? Have you ever opened a Mac or iPhone or iPad package? If you're making high quality products you should have high quality packaging. From top to bottom everything should be quality, fit and finish.

As an Apple fan myself, I couldn't agree more. Everything they do, from a $3,500 maxed out MacBook Pro to a $19 cable comes packaged as a premium product. I personally don't care about keeping boxes or whatnot, but opening a quality packaged product sure enhances the customer experience.

Thing is, Apple faces heavy competition, they want to be different, and that's why they succeed at what they do. HT? Sometimes you get these glorious packages, like the QS001 that is a treat to open, and then something like this. Value or not, HT is a premium brand and this is somewhat unacceptable.

But I guess that's what happens when there's lack of competition.To a lesser degree, even EB packages everything like a premium product should.

All of the MMS releases come with this type of packaging and have always done, nothing new here. Not sure why this is now only a problem, years later. I have never seen anyone complain beforehand until this release, probably because it's a Nolan Batman release and people feel compelled to come in and have a moan about something or another.

The set is a great deal no question. In a time were all you see is people complaining about the price of figures, they actually bring out a set worth the price tag and people want to complain about the totally fine packaging. If they had made it more expensive which they totally could have and gave it fancy box and inserts people would have only turned around and complained that this is an MMS release and didn't need the extra flashy stuff to make it more expensive like a DX.

The DX boxes and foam inserts are more functional and higher quality. The appearance and presentation exudes quality and the sense of a premium product.

I don't think anyone threw a "hissy fit" or even leveled complaints about the packaging, just expressed a desire for more up-scale packaging at this price point. I didn't expect foam as I was already anticipating this was a value release, but it would have been nice to have each figure in its own box within the larger carton.

Where did I say anything about a 'hissy fit' as you put it? I see you are still trying to stir stuff up with people.

Yeah, even Banner/Hulk came packaged like this. So I guess there's no surprise here like many are saying..

I have never gotten a "set" before, so I thought the packaging was different on those, MMS branding or not...

Where did I say anything about a 'hissy fit' as you put it? I see you are still trying to stir stuff up with people.

As this is public forum, I'm not replying specifically to you except for the very first paragraph. "hissy fit" and "complaint" were mentioned by someone else within the past few hours, something I wasn't going to spend another unique post on. I've tweaked the post to make it SUPER clear now.

IT IS a value release! I paid $574 on PO for the deluxe set- THREE figures plus Armory! Look at the current $210 plus HT price for ONE figure...

It's "value release" stated on the specs?

It's a $600 set. A Batman figure, a cool armory and two guys in suits. There's nothing wrong with people expecting different treatment as to what the packaging might look like.

Not that it matters though. I mean, as long as they are protected. People expect different things.

I brightened the photo:

The thighs do look about the same. It's at the waist and hips where he looks slimmer.

Looking at this lighter shot I can easily tell it's the same except the neck is shorter on the B.A. version for some odd reason.

But now I'm convinced that the figures have the same mold because you look carefully, both fists are practically touching each other :lecture

That comment was targeted towards me by the way. I don't think he's stiring up anything with anybody, he's just making a point. At the end of the day, people have the right to voice their opinion or complaint on whatever they are choosing to spend a lot of their money on even if it's packaging.

HT needs to hire this guy who did the Freeman sculpt. That is pretty much spot on. :horror

Yup. Or at least make sure that they have someone who could beat the AceToys sculpt, and this new Lucius Fox from VTS Toys. It would be a shame if HT's version, ever they get off their bed made of laurels and decide to make their own Lucius Fox, ends up looking inferior compared to these unlicensed releases.

10600631_305624002950022_7832199581328820372_n.jpg

10599688_305624026283353_815864089379086221_n.jpg

Back