1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's the whole box. You're getting three complete figures, an armory and a tray, maybe two, full of a gazillion little accessories, remember?

It is the whole box- it's obvious. HUGE deep box it will be...
However not the best they could do..rather blah......

And I love how irritated you get whenever someone isn't happy with a HT Batman product. Maybe better things have been announced, maybe life circumstances have changed for some of us, maybe our reasoning is none of your concern. :dunno

Okay? That wasn't even the point I was making with my post at all. I totally get that people have reasons they may need to cancel but for something like this which has a fairly large price tag (even by this hobby's standards) I would just think people would kind of think it through before preordering. I don't really give what someone wants or not but impulsive buys especially on really expensive items just isn't smart.

The comment about me defending Batman releases is sort of out of line. Like I said I don't really care what someone wants. I'm assuming you're referring to my posts about the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 figure, but the only point I'm making with that is more that it's irritating to listen to people making the same complaints over and over when they've voiced their opinions and essentially are just thread crapping.

Okay? That wasn't even the point I was making with my post at all. I totally get that people have reasons they may need to cancel but for something like this which has a fairly large price tag (even by this hobby's standards) I would just think people would kind of think it through before preordering. I don't really give what someone wants or not but impulsive buys especially on really expensive items just isn't smart.

The comment about me defending Batman releases is sort of out of line. Like I said I don't really care what someone wants. I'm assuming you're referring to my posts about the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 figure, but the only point I'm making with that is more that it's irritating to listen to people making the same complaints over and over when they've voiced their opinions and essentially are just thread crapping.

Yes I was referring to the BRJ comments on top of the ones here that criticized those of us that weren't feeling as happy about this as you. Some people just hoped for more improvements along the way from this and BRJ as well. Probably dumb wishful thinking with HT but I went through the same thing with QS001 last year and they did improve that dramatically. I took a chance with this hoping for an improved cowl, mouths, etc. it's not certain that things haven't been improved yet but we will see with in hand pics. My situation wasn't as much an impulse buy as one where some other exciting announcements have come along and trumped this. I may still keep it once I see pics from OMG and other bloggers but may decide to sell it if I'm not happy. Not hating on this at all as it is still looking good overall. Sorry if you thought I was being out of line but it seemed like you were jumping all over anyone critical of new TDK release. These things are crazy expensive so I think it's ok to have high expectations and be a little frustrated if they fall short.

I had a feeling this was going to come a little early, but my flex payments end in October so I wont see it until then anyway. Even after all the reveals I'm still excited for this and I'm liking how it turned out.

There some collectors who don't have much time to think because they live in countries where they don't have the privilege that Sideshow offers to collectors from countries like yours. The privilege that is to order with just a few mouseclicks, and to place an order anytime until the stocks @ SSC runs out.

Stores here only get a handful of stocks for Pre-Order. Nolan Batman and Iron Man items here are gone within a week. I am a Batman fan and a fan of Nolanverse, but it took me 3 days trying to figure out if I needed this in my collection or not. When I ordered I got 3rd from the last set, which made me happy I managed to snag one. So much has happened in-between -- things that are unexpected -- that I had to cut down on my collecting, killing my anticipation for most of my POs, and I regret paying the NRD for this. So yeah, thinking it over and taking time doing so doesn't always work for everybody.

Well, to me it stands on top of the same box, just laying on its side. And look at the Robocop box, it is also not as big as it could be. And the design of the box would be really weird if the lower part has two different colors (to the left and to the right of the armory).
Remember the tumbler box?
$(KGrHqRHJEUFEj,Be67CBRMMcIKeyQ~~60_35.JPG

I am hoping that Alfred and Bruce Wayne are in their own boxes so it makes selling off the armory easier. It could get complicated if I decide to keep the Batman.

The one thing that bothers me is that the Bruce Wayne sculpt hasn't been looking good in the SDCC pics. I know that it's a pretty decent one in person since I had the DX12, but since then I got the QS001 which has a really good sculpt. That might make this one look weaker to me in person.

I want the Wayne sculpt looking younger to match Bale in the Dark Knight.
The Dx12 sculpt is way to old for the Hong Kong scene.

The one thing that bothers me is that the Bruce Wayne sculpt hasn't been looking good in the SDCC pics. I know that it's a pretty decent one in person since I had the DX12, but since then I got the QS001 which has a really good sculpt.

Well. Because the 1/4 sculpt is the closest to Bale they ever made. Yeah, they suck with all these repaints and not trying other sculpts with different expressions, like smirking Bruce.
DK-0100-1.jpg

:)
My point is that if you make several headsculpts of the same character you could be creative and make every release unique. But we know the answer.

Yeah your right, what about multiple bruce heads. It's always the dumb glassy eyes neutral head sculpt for Bruce, they could try something different once and the armoury was the time
To do it

Back