1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What with Hot Toys' recent habit of reusing and recycling old parts from different sets, does anybody really think they're going to give us a new cowl?

I mean, it's possible, what with the new faceplates and all, but do you really think they will?

The recycling is fairly new, at least in terms of accessories. It's sheer laziness really. Banner/Hulk set is probably the worst they've done yet but it has definitely been getting more out of hand. The rock base is one they love to keep using. Now these 'accessory packs' like Stark's workshop are just opening the door for more of this. I don't think this is anything too new overall though. I think I remember Hasbro selling those weapon kits for GI Joe when I was a kid.

The only reason there would be a chance for a new cowl is because of how much they revamped the QS001. The original head on that was awful. But there isn't too much other reason to believe they've fixed this one. SDCC showed us nothing new on it really.

I want to believe they revamped the cowl on the 1/4 because of all the EB comparisons. And on that regard, HT was actually going head to head with them on a new territory that is 1/4. They truly outdid themselves on that figure, but not enough to beat EB efforts IMO.

On the 1:6 market, they have ZERO competition. This will be the same DX12 sans some accessories period.

PASS.

10547683_10152216458687344_3396157652520786795_n.jpg

Latest coming soon pic... hell of a jump from October isnt it?

Cowl never really bothered me on the DX 12 Batman.

The eyes and mouths on the other hand? Those are awful.

It's the combination of the three. It was like a match made in hell. The good news is that the mouths should be fixed, but, still, I don't know if that's enough. I'd be perfectly content with the cowl as is, if he doesn't have those crazy ass googly eyes. Sadly, I'm not sure that'll be the case.

Ugh. Wishing I hadn't ordered this set, particularly if it is coming out in a month or so. Besides his set, only have Heartbreaker on order, but will likely cancel that. Wasn't too impressed with it at SDCC. Alfred and Wayne looked great, but considering I just sold the rest of my Batman HT stuff, this doesn't belong in my collection. Hopefully I can sell it without losing money, or perhaps just return it to sideshow when I get it. Stupid NRD.

Can't believe this getting released so soon. Wow. I am shocked to say the least. HTs actually starting to pump figures out like it's their job. Oh wait.

Ugh. Wishing I hadn't ordered this set, particularly if it is coming out in a month or so. Besides his set, only have Heartbreaker on order, but will likely cancel that. Wasn't too impressed with it at SDCC. Alfred and Wayne looked great, but considering I just sold the rest of my Batman HT stuff, this doesn't belong in my collection. Hopefully I can sell it without losing money, or perhaps just return it to sideshow when I get it. Stupid NRD.

Yea I'm with you except worse. I've been flexing this since March. So I guess I'm stuck with it until it's paid off and then I can sell or return it. Unless they'll allow me to transfer money from this to something else I have on PO. I'm just not as excited about it as I was months ago. I'd happily trade this for the Delorean if possible. It's looking like this could be arriving in August in HK.

Loki, Widow and that Pred (2014 TF?) have already been released meaning we are only waiting on Robocop and (another) Iron Man - the armoury may be closer than ever!!!

Loki, Widow and that Pred (2014 TF?) have already been released meaning we are only waiting on Robocop and (another) Iron Man - the armoury may be closer than ever!!!

I don't think that Predator has been released yet. He's the Predator 2 Elder, not the 2014 convention one from Alien vs. Predator.

How much would you say those mouth plates will go for?

And if you are getting them through eBay, how would you know they are not fake ones?

Do you have a trusted seller? I wouldn't mind If you you share that info as I'm interested on the mouth plates only as well :)

How much would you say those mouth plates will go for?

And if you are getting them through eBay, how would you know they are not fake ones?

Do you have a trusted seller? I wouldn't mind If you you share that info as I'm interested on the mouth plates only as well :)

Erm price wise - I think the Hong Kong scammers will seriously overprice them - I think we get 4? the same 4 from the 1/4 scale. In that case, I only want the closed mouth and the half open mouth. It depends if they sell them as a lot of four or two or individually. I'd happily pay around £25 ($42) for one.

Fake wise - it normally takes a while for re-cast fakes to appear. I have looked at a number of fakes on ebay and it appears that the sellers list it as 'custom'. If they are caught selling fakes as the real deal, ebay won't be happy.

Trusted seller wise - I buy through timcent88 but he tends to only sell full figures mostly. There's Goodshipped and HKapestore (I think they still exist), Loontentoys and the best I've found for parted out bits is 7Toys7. Bought some stuff from them and received it within five days.

And...they might have improved the cowl, which means buying that too. They might sell the cowl and all four faceplates as one lot. Won't be cheap though.

At $42 for each original mouth plate, there's no wonder that people start knocking them off. If that price were pushed lower via market forces, no one would be able to waste their time with recasts.

Back