1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ They're referring to the TDKR Armory, not this one. I think..... lol

Or they're wrong, there is no TDKR Armory and the new date on this one *IS* the delayed date - remember when we saw images of this bad-boy last Spring?

In the images I saw, I'm pretty sure you couldn't tell one way or the other which armory was being worked on.

This is the one I remember seeing before the SDCC ones.

Hot-Toys-2013-Preview_1358171364.jpg

Same one I remember seeing. You know what I can tell from that image? There's an armory in it. That's about it. ;) Very early prototype looks like it's made of foam or styrene.

I don't recall seeing it in the SDCC coverage though - I was thoroughly focused on Sideshow's Hoth details at the time.

Also, weren't there pics from SDCC last year of the actual case from the dark knight rises? Pretty much completed? I'm guessing they obviously had issues manufacturing them and so decided to throw the dark knight version out there instead. Which I'm thrilled about. Way better.

I wonder if they had problems with replicating the frosted glass look.

Same one I remember seeing. You know what I can tell from that image? There's an armory in it. That's about it. ;) Very early prototype looks like it's made of foam or styrene.

I don't recall seeing it in the SDCC coverage though - I was thoroughly focused on Sideshow's Hoth details at the time.

It's definitely the one from TDKR. Even in the early stages there you can see from the shape of it and the columns at the side etc.

I found the SDCC images in plexiglass, and yes, the sample above does match its design. When I originally saw the above I had no idea how they'd finish it off.

Anyone know the time-stamp of where this thing exists in the movie?

You mean the one from TDKR? I'm not sure the exact time but it's about half an hour in when Bruce gets the leg brace. Here's a link to a YouTube clip of the scene.

[ame]https://youtu.be/n13_EeBx69g[/ame]

If anyone is interested, Sean Long is having a contest where you could win the Armory with Batman (+ other possible prizes). I know alot of people on here don't like him, but it is pretty nice of him to do that...

I suppose the issue is now one of terminology. ;) The steel and glass thing in TDKR is a case of sorts, but it's not the armory at Wayne Enterprises. Not even another "version" of it. It doesn't hold all his weapons, so it's not an armory. Who knows how Hot Toys will release that one.

So my Bats display will be even more of a mishmash with the armory in a cave setting. ;)

I thought the shape and design of it looks like the TDKR version as well. You can google more, but here's one from SDCC:

SDCC_2013_Hot_Toys_Thursday-098.jpg

I'm wondering if they've had problems gluing all the clear parts in production while keeping them pristine-looking.

I'm wondering if they've had problems gluing all the clear parts in production while keeping them pristine-looking.

Not to mention that if they actually made this, it would be hell to keep clean. I think that plexiglass clear plastic is just going to show fine scratches easily. I think the armory they're releasing with this kit is going to be far friendlier to the consumer.

If anyone is interested, Sean Long is having a contest where you could win the Armory with Batman (+ other possible prizes). I know alot of people on here don't like him, but it is pretty nice of him to do that...
Yeah, pretty "nice" of him, he gets kickbacks from BBTS and AlterEgo and numerous other Vendors. How about a contest where Sean Long cannot say "AWESOME" more than one time!:rotfl

^^^ Most likely I mean, I like both, I wouldn't mind both, and I sure don't mind them postponing it because this one is already a handful on the wallet. I started my collection with the intent of it to be a Nolan Batman collection since I had the honor of working on the film. I expanded a bit into Captain America, Iron Man, and Terminator/Robocop, but I want to solely focus it on the Dark Knight Trilogy so having all the characters only makes me happy. Fox, Blake, Talia, Ra's, I would welcome all of those as well as a new Gordon, Scarecrow, Batman Begins suit, etc.

Where is the contest/giveaway? I don't have a problem with the guy himself, but I'm sorry I just can't stand his voice. Doesn't mean he's a bad person, I just have a hard time sitting through his reviews, LOL. :thud:

Back