1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^No problem :) Yeah, it's pricey so I can see why people are hesitant to order it. But Tony's work has always been top notch and if it means you can get your figure out of its box and actually display it without worrying about damaging the suit, I think it's worth it. I haven't received my suit yet but it should be arriving any day now. Will post pics and give my over all opinion. Hopefully it can help you with your decision.

Totally worth it for this figure. It's not only more durable but the colors look more accurate and help make robin's colors pop even more.

I'm just not sure what to do with original HT suit and cape now.

Thanks, SaigonExpress69. Yes, I don't doubt that it is excellent quality. I have heard nothing but good things about Tony's work. But a set of two of those is the price of a new HT. And I can't even justify getting one of those. But, yes, I would be interested to see it on. Who knows. I might win the lottery and be able to not think about the fact that that is more than I spend on clothes for myself.

They're relatively expensive dolls but not really - too expensive to buy for enjoyment only to leave them in their boxes; and not really expensive enough to warrant being so precious about their resale value. Unbox! Unbox and enjoy!

(mine are still boxed)

Thanks, SaigonExpress69. Yes, I don't doubt that it is excellent quality. I have heard nothing but good things about Tony's work. But a set of two of those is the price of a new HT. And I can't even justify getting one of those. But, yes, I would be interested to see it on. Who knows. I might win the lottery and be able to not think about the fact that that is more than I spend on clothes for myself.

Yeah, I definitely hear you man. My figures are better dressed than I am! :lol

^This.

They're relatively expensive dolls but not really - too expensive to buy for enjoyment only to leave them in their boxes; and not really expensive enough to warrant being so precious about their resale value. Unbox! Unbox and enjoy!

(mine are still boxed)

I don't buy action figures as "high end collectibles" (what does that even mean? Expensive things that have no purpose beyond decoration?). I buy them as toys. I play with them (well, reposing and taking photographs. They sometimes come out with me to toy meets). I am therefore seething with frustration at these two having to stay in their boxes. They are the only figures of mine that do. Absolute waste of money if they stay there. So, yes. Either I sell them (noooo!) or I find a way to play with them without completely ruining them.

Anyone have a picture of a played-with Batman suit? How bad does it get? I have one, small pull after one, careful, play. Wonder how much worse it could get.

Triad 1 6 Hero Type Male Light Gray Sixth Scale Spandex Superhero Clothing Set | eBay
$T2eC16R,!)oFIeWZCZ2FBSH429DODg~~60_1.JPG

you could alway swap out the batman body suit for one of these shouldn't be too hard to source a sticker for the chest or see if spider on these boards could make you a gray bodysuit for playing around with and keep the stock one for best ,thats if you don't damage it taking it off lol
that said not had too many problems with the suit myself ,be a shame not to enjoy these guys to the full

Now that is a good idea, LIBBY1957DOG. I am not a "screen accurate" obsessive, so don't have a problem if it is not exactly the right colour. I just want to play with the damned thing. Right, I shall get one of those, then I just need some tights for the Boy Wonder.

Thanks for that.

Love these two but sadly selling both as a set if anyone is interested. Price is fair but you can send me offers. Just need both gone.

The Triad one I purchased, developed rips like the runs on a stocking. I only purchased one but it was enough.

OK. This is looking promising. The grey looks too dark on that one, but you think he might offer other colours? I can ping him a PM, certainly.

And thanks to all who have been chipping in with help on this. I had a hiatus from SSF for a while and feel very welcomed back again. What a great forum.

oh yeah he has other colors he does a nice line in metallic fabric gold ,red ,ive not contacted him direct myself but im sure he will work with you ,good luck and welcome back ,let us know how you go on cheers chris

Back