1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must watch Batman and Robin again one of these days to see if it is truly the sixties throwback some retroactively claim it to be. Perhaps it is appreciable on that level.

I think it was recently announced for a DVD release.

Although they were recently on ITV4 during the day.

I think he's talking about the actual "Batman & Robin" (The Clooney Film), as some claim that it's a camp ode to the classic TV Series; I beg to differ. Honestly, though, when I really think about "Batman & Robin," I'm bemused by how it turned out, as, honestly, on paper, it could've been a great movie. You've got George Clooney, one of the most acclaimed actors of this generation, in the leading role, and you've got a story that is torn almost directly from one of the greatest episodes of The Animated Series, nay, of any television series, ever produced. The amount of potential there is so astoundingly high to me that I think what fruits the labor of those involved bore stands as a testament to their total lack of finesse. I don't know; I just think it would actually be more difficult to get a movie like "Batman & Robin" out of the idea for a film based on "Heart of Ice," and starring the man who would, arguably, become the future king of Hollywood, than it would to make something, at least, decent.

Maybe so, but he's still a bonafide superstar who could've helped lift a production like "Batman & Robin" through the stratosphere.

I hate the body / suit but that's not HT's fault. I just don't like figure wearing fabric suits - like the Reeve Superman.

I read that as, "I don't really appreciate the history of every super hero ever created, give me sculpted rubber or give me death".

Here's another issue my buddy had pointed out (no pun) to me in another forum. Why are the ears bend outward.
Outward bend ears.....The right ear should be where the left ear belongs and Vice versa. Hot Toys dropped the ball again!!! :gah:

HOT TOYS PLEASE RE-DO THIS FIGURE THE CORRECT WAY, WE'RE USING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO PURCHASE THESE THINGS.

WITH THIS (outward ears thingy) AND THE BULGE BELLY LOOK............. FOR NOW MY ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THIS FIGURE. :thud: :mad: :dunno :thud:

HOT TOYS PLEASE RE-DO THIS FIGURE THE CORRECT WAY, WE'RE USING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO PURCHASE THESE THINGS.
WITH THIS (outward ears thingy) AND THE BULGE BELLY LOOK............. FOR NOW MY ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THIS FIGURE. :thud: :mad: :dunno :thud:

1329414634_dog_slap.gif
1329414634_dog_slap.gif
1329414634_dog_slap.gif
1329414634_dog_slap.gif
1329414634_dog_slap.gif
1329414634_dog_slap.gif

:exactly: :lecture :lecture :lecture :exactly:

bit late to the thread ,anyone tell me how he compares size wise to the reeve superman ,is he henry supe size or chris supes size thanks to all or any who can put me in the picture

I read that as, "I don't really appreciate the history of every super hero ever created, give me sculpted rubber or give me death".

Oh. Oh no. Have I not confirmed to your expectations? Have I gone against the grain? Have a spoken out against an idea that must be followed, worshipped and appreciated even if it not for the greater good or the benefit of the majority?

No.
I'm just giving a view on an action figure.
Chill babes.

Was he? I was living in South America by that time though. That's probably why. We did not get ER.

Damn the third world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I've changed my mind on canceling my order. I still have issues with this toy... But where will I be able to get anything that's even this close to the show ever again? It's not as if there is ever going to be a new show or even a updated version of this toy. This is it. And I think I can get over the differences now. The other pics have helped. And I don't know if I can say no to the Batmobile. Gotta think less like a forty year old collector and more like a six year old having fun.

^ now your talking!

this is what its about for me too.

sure the actual toy doesn't look 100% (although it is damn close!) but this is all about the dynamic duo and the batmobile. im finally feeling like i will be replacing those mego's from all those years ago. this pair and the mobile are a grail for me, no question. they are responsible for inspiring in me a love of all things comicbook and superhero, not just DC but all superheroes.

You know, I've changed my mind on canceling my order. I still have issues with this toy... But where will I be able to get anything that's even this close to the show ever again? It's not as if there is ever going to be a new show or even a updated version of this toy. This is it. And I think I can get over the differences now. The other pics have helped. And I don't know if I can say no to the Batmobile. Gotta think less like a forty year old collector and more like a six year old having fun.

finally :lol

At that time he wasn't all that of a mega star, was he? I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still, though. With a reputation like his, he must have something going, in regards to his acting chops. The point is that Clooney could've been a damn good Batman, given the opportunity.

^ now your talking!

this is what its about for me too.

sure the actual toy doesn't look 100% (although it is damn close!) but this is all about the dynamic duo and the batmobile. im finally feeling like i will be replacing those mego's from all those years ago. this pair and the mobile are a grail for me, no question. they are responsible for inspiring in me a love of all things comicbook and superhero, not just DC but all superheroes.

I think that, when it comes to stuff like this, you've got to measure it by three things. Number One: "Does it look like Batman?" If so, you're on a roll of one, so far. In the case of movie and TV stuff, there's the number two question of "Does it look like the person it's intended to portray?" Suffice it to say that here, this figure has delivered arguably one of HT's best likenesses, if not the best, and it's a dead ringer for Adam West. Then, there's number 3: "Does it capture the spirit of the character."

I hate to be a broken record, but, in the case of the DX 12, I probably could've forgave the likeness, if that was all that was wrong with it, but, on top of not looking like Christian Bale, they put out a product that failed to even capture the essence of his character. The creepy smirk, the raging "derp" face. Here, though, every one of these faceplates captures West's performance as Batman. The clenched teeth literally make that "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" line ring through my head, and the other two faceplates perfectly capture that cool, contemplative, and analytical side of Batman that you'd see in Gordon's office, episode after episode.

All in all, if it looks like the person, captures the character, and has fairly accurate clothes (which would be an understatement in this case), I'd call it a home run.

Oh. Oh no. Have I not confirmed to your expectations? Have I gone against the grain? Have a spoken out against an idea that must be followed, worshipped and appreciated even if it not for the greater good or the benefit of the majority?

No.
I'm just giving a view on an action figure.
Chill babes.

:rolleyes2

No you chill.:pfft:

You gave your opinion, nothing left to do here really. :huh

PS. The Walking Dead sucks.Sleepy.gif

The 66 Batman show kicks its *** all up and down the street. Adam West would waste that Prada model Daryl in a fight. Hell Robin would too. Don't believe me watch this.

This figure looks amazing. Looking forward to this one. Hope Robin looks this good too.

Back