1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too serious on here. Why so serious?
apu5y3ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get these figures! I think HT did a great job from what I've seen so far. I feel for the people that are unhappy with them, but there are always going to be some disappointed collectors. Some figures will never be good enough, accurate enough, cheap enough, etc. to some people. If you read enough threads here you'll read posts by the same people complaining about the same things about most HT figures. "Perfect" figures are few and far between--sometimes you have to settle for "good enough" because this is likely the only version you'll see, especially from a 48 year old television show.

Hey! You guys are rightamundo!!! I Luv the 66 Batman so much that i began to macro critique every little imperfection...(sorry, just wanted everything to be perfect, cause to me this Hot Toys release is the "Big One", along with my Superman/Chris Reeve). Anyhow, and here's where it gets interesting; unbeknownst to me, my lovely daughter who's a teacher in N.Y.C told me that she had ordered the Hot Toys 66 Batman as an early Father's day present for me. I guess Hot Toys Batman/Adam west will be coming to the Ivaniski home. Incidentally, i have to concur with you guys as a 1st time Batman66 1/6 scale release....the more i look at OMG's pictures the more i'm beginning to appreciate it. I've made a full 180 degree turn, C'mon Hot toys Batman66......can't wait for your arrival. Thanks to my daughter, and you guys (SSF's forum) for helping me to see the (Bat signal), i mean light. :yess:

The more i see, the more i'm liking this HT's Batman figure..........

Batman1966HD1_zps3a983fa7.jpg~original

Up in the Air was great, but don't forget The Descendants, The Ides of March, Syriana, and Michael Clayton.

O' Brother Where Art Thou? I guess I haven't seen any of the movies you mention there but I can't not mention this one. Clooney is great in it. Not sure why he was brought up, didn't read back. Put me in the happy as can be with figure category. I think it is a great rendition and can't wait to get it.

On the topic of the Cohen brothers, you can't forget Intolerable Cruelty.:lecture He was awesome in Gravity, this year.

On the topic of the Cohen brothers, you can't forget Intolerable Cruelty.:lecture He was awesome in Gravity, this year.

He did as much with his Gravity role as the hack script allowed, but the movie wasn't a great vehicle for either of the two talents imo. I like Clooney, but I think it's fair to say he's a good actor but not, on the strength if his performances to date, a great one. Go Batman!

Sorry if this has been answered, keeping up with HT batman threads is a full time job!

But does this mean the duo isn't shipping together?

Bats looks awesome by the way!

Don't forget the 8 scallops (at best).

Batfan, I'm assuming this is the still you are referring to...

View attachment 100062

Yup, nailed it! And all joking aside, I only see 8 scallops in his cape there :dunno

Look closer - there are nine scallops and ten points on the cape in that still.

I'm looking forward to getting this and Robin, but my enthuiasm is lessened by these photos. The headsculpt is off in myriad subtle ways that add up. I have no doubt that he'll look great in the Barrismobile when I have that in my possession, but based on these photos it's not the homerun I was hoping for.

Wow, not sure if some are simply nitpicking or trolling. As someone who watched the the series in reruns as a child and grew up with the 70’s-80’s representation of Batman in the comic books and JLA cartoon on Saturday morning TV, this IS a homerun IMHO. Not in my wildest dreams could I hope for an Adam West Batman and Hot Toys delivered. I don't know exactly where you're gonna find a closer representation to the '66 Batman. These were the figures that made me look at getting into 1/6th scale figures and I AM NOT disappointed. I'm sure the Burt Ward Robin will be the perfect companion to Adam's Batman. Hopefully the Batmobile will be priced reasonably. I REALLY hope a Julie Newmar Catwoman is in the works. I think Julie was my first ever crush and if Hot Toys does make one I hope they do her justice. Can't wait to see what Hot Toys '66 Batman line brings...

Hi Guys and Gals...I'm new here. And I'm sorry to have my first post be such a Danny Downer, but myself and other fans have tried to get Sideshow and Hot Toys to listen to our criticisms of this figure since we saw them at Comic Con. Clearly they paid no attention. I had high hopes for this figure, but clearly it's far from a home run.

First off, the "peanut head" shaped cowl (with the taper at the top) is all wrong. The seam down the middle of the cowl is annoying, as is the score line around the black portion of the face mask. There was no seam there on the originals. The black was simply painted on to the fabric, not sewn in. And the ears should be painted black or at least dark blue.

The chest emblem is wrong and much too large. The trunks are too short (a common design problem in many 1966 figures and toys) as the top of the trunks hit the naval dead-on.

The utility belt looks ultra-cheap. They should have cast the belts using some sort of leather-look texturing for detail. The fat pad is really annoying as well (not to mention inaccurate to the original look), and the boots seem "clunky."

But the worst offense in this whole design is the cape. The manufacturers and designers had oodles of experts out there who know these costumes forwards and backwards, but they didn't tap that resource. And the result is disastrous. The cut of the cape is completely wrong. The originals had 11 points and 10 scallops. This looks like 8 scallops at best. The edges of the cape flared out like bat wings, but this cape's edge is cut straight. The cape should completely encompass the figure front and back when unsecured. When secured, the cape is folded back, attached with a snap, and then folded back forward to give a multi-tiered, 3-level look. The original designer of the costume said this layering made Adam's shoulders look bigger.

I'm wondering why, with Hot Toys' amazing attention to detail in the past, this figure (and the Robin too) is such a disastrous misfire.

Wow. If your first post is an indication ofwhat future posts will be like, I'll put you on ignore now. Maybe thats a record.

Wow. If your first post is an indication ofwhat future posts will be like, I'll put you on ignore now. Maybe thats a record.

Hahaha not quite sure what that says about you.
Someone posts individual viewpoint about a toy...you react by blocking them for fear of what they might say in the future......about toys.

Where's Robin?
I would of thought they would be released together.

My guess Ht wants to seperate release dates abit so not to take sales off one or the other..I think in a few weeks we'll see Robin released- now if it is a few months that will be ridiculous!

Back