1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they'll do the whole gang.. but we know HT all too well now.

The next 66 figure will likely be another West - this time a DX with the board shorts & surfboard. :lol

:lol Yeah.

It would have been cool if they included those is this set, or made it an Ex. or something.

I ain't complaining though.
Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

This line is ripe for potential variations. Radioactive cowls, surf boards and shorts; the list goes on and on. Don't even get me started on if they ever got to the villains.:lol

I hope we get other characters. Romero Joker, Meredith Penguin, Gorshin Riddler, Newmar Catwoman, Batgirl. Highly doubtful we'll see most of these, but Joker would be fine with me.

You know it's ironic,...Cause about a year ago Figures Toy Company announced that they were making Batman66 in both 8" and 12" format. I thought to myself.."Hey, how cool..I could purchase Batman & Robin from Hot Toys and all the Villains from FTC" (priced approx...$70). Why, because the head sculpts they were advertising (sculpted by the "The Farrow"), were looking like top grade sculpts (See pics below). However, a few months ago the CFO of FTC stated that they'll bypass the 12" format for the 18" format...BUMMER!!! :thud: Therefore, I really hope that Hot Toys could further explore the license, and bring on the villains. :pray:

Figures Toy Company Advertisement, Back then:
CFO Anthony Balasco states, “It has been my understanding that the collectors community would enjoy collecting retro 8 inch and 12 inch action figures based on the “Batman 1966 Classic TV Series”. When we saw that the rights were settled between the involved party’s we immediately became interested in acquiring the license”. We are proud to say that the collectors will be able to enjoy a vast selection of characters that have never been available before. Our head sculpts will look life like and the cloth costumes will be highly detailed. Series 1 will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, **** Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Egghead, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. All Batman 1966 Classic TV Series figures will be available in both 8 inch & 12 inch starting early Fall 2013. All of our Batman 1966 Classic TV Series are exclusively sculpted by "The Farrow" Danny Anniello.

Even had the carrying case ready to hold the 12" bad dudes:

FTC_BTV_CarryCase_Closed.jpg

We were gonna see these villains and others in the 12" format style....:(

figures+toy+company+classic+tv+batman+figures.jpg

Figures Toy Company seems to be all over the place in their decision making. They announced so many items up front and have not been able to follow through on most of them. Delays, changes to sculpts, sizes, etc. I wish they held off on their news until they were more settled on exactly what they were able to produce.

Can one of you who owns these guys and the DX 11 get a picture of Batman spraying the laughing sculpt in the face?:lol

Did they engineer a new body for Robin? That would almost be shocking. :lol I don't remember seeing a slim type body that has single jointed, sculpted arms like that. I'm curious to see what the body looks like.

Back