1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The color of Tony's custom suit is a lot more accurate as well...HT is tinted too blue, it should be a more neutral gray as seen above.

I'm debating on getting a custom suit as well....I used a lot of SS rewards points on Bats so I still have a little bit of spending margin. :mummy:sancho:taz:pigfly::wink1:

Tbh, I like Tonys suit more as well. Ill live with HTs though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. I think Robin took a hit in production

I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, i wonder if by using a longer neck peg...i'll be able to give him a elongated neck.....to make him look more like a teenager, and not like Robin at age 12.....Cause; that's what i see in this picture below. My point here is to try to fix what myself and others have noticed in the stock Robin...That's all...How can we make it look better!!!

To me Hot Toys made "Stock" Robin to look like his Pre-teenage years, Somewhere in the vicinity of 12 Yrs Old ......

6a853733gw1eeut9hvp1uj20vi1b9qhw.jpg

For you customizers here at the forum, do you guys think there's a remedy to my aforementioned dilemma with stock Robin...how would you guys make him look more like the production version?

I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, i wonder if by using a longer neck peg...i'll be able to give him a elongated neck.....to make him look more like a teenager, and not like Robin at age 12.....Cause; that's what i see in this picture below. My point here is to try to fix what myself and others have noticed in the stock Robin...That's all...How can we make it look better!!!

To me Hot Toys made "Stock" Robin to look like his Pre-teenage years, Somewhere in the vicinity of 12 Yrs Old ......

6a853733gw1eeut9hvp1uj20vi1b9qhw.jpg

I wonder if pulling the sculpt up a little so it doesn't sit so far down will work.

Remember he was referred to as Bruce Wayne's "youthful ward".:wink1:

Yeah, but in the Batman66 show...which Hot Toys is trying to emulate here, Bruce Wayne's "youthful ward" Robin was a teenager (i believe he was into his late H.S or early college years; in the show of course). :)

I just can't bring myself to order these. Is there anyone hear that ordered them just because they're Batman fans and not necessarily '66 Batman fans? I saw the reruns as a kid but I grew up in the Burton era. I just don't see Batman in this figure but it hurts to pass on any version of Batman

I wonder if pulling the sculpt up a little so it doesn't sit so far down will work.

I'm with you 1000%,,,,I was thinking the same thing. However, i can't wait to receive mine and inspect what type of body is sitting "under the hood". We the consumer pay very good money for these products. It's not a question of "if you don't like the final product, don't buy it". I'm in my 40's... I've waited a long time for these figures to see daylight. Therefore, i would have to fix...whatever i deem as a fan, and a consumer; as a product that it's not where it should've been.

That's my only gripe here with "Stock Robin", this is the look i'm gonna strive for ( The Burt Ward from the Batman66 show)...........See pic below.

They had it....They had it the first time around!!! :(

What happened?

902080-batman-1966-film-016_zps9314a949.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just can't bring myself to order these. Is there anyone hear that ordered them just because they're Batman fans and not necessarily '66 Batman fans? I saw the reruns as a kid but I grew up in the Burton era. I just don't see Batman in this figure but it hurts to pass on any version of Batman

I ordered em and never saw the show until well past it's airing (born in '83). The show was just so much fun to watch, even now it makes me smile whenever I see anything about this show. Can't wait for the series to see blu-ray release later this year.

I'm with you 1000%,,,,I was thinking the same thing. However, i can't wait to receive mine and inspect what type of body is sitting "under the hood". We the consumer pay very good money for these products. It's not a question of "if you don't like the final product, don't buy it". I'm in my 40's... I've waited a long time for these figures to see daylight. Therefore, i would have to fix...whatever i deem as a fan, and a consumer; as a product that it's not where it should've been.

That's my only gripe here with "Stock Robin", this is the look i'm gonna strive for ( The Burt Ward from the Batman66 show)...........See pic below.

They had it....They had it the first time around!!! :(

What happened?

902080-batman-1966-film-016_zps9314a949.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I agree with you completely.

Not so fast Dr Ivaniski! Those whine-tipped bullets are bouncing off me like I'm Superman baby. Ka-ping! Ka-Ping! How AWESOME ARE THESE BADBOYS? :rock

Yeah, but in the Batman66 show...which Hot Toys is trying to emulate here, Bruce Wayne's "youthful ward" Robin was a teenager (i believe he was into his late H.S or early college years; in the show of course). :)

Yes, he is in high school. There is an episode where the Joker tries to recruit kids from the school for his gang by putting money in the milk machine (so that money cones out instead of milk)...don't really remember how that all worked, but anyway..."****" Grayson goes undercover to infilitrate the gang and acts all tough (think Peter Parker in Spiderman 3) and actually trys smoking a cigarette to be "cool".

i think robin looks fine ~ wish he didn't have those one-note elbows, but the sculpt and costume are fab in my book.

i'm sure once i have him, i will regret not getting batman too.

Count me in.

I was born 1979. Became a solid Batman fan since Super-Friends in the 80's. Mid-80's a local network aired re-runs of the '66 show and I loved it. A few years later Keaton came and it didn't change my love for '66 Batman.

IMO this figure is for TRUE FANS of the Batman mythology. And this, WAS Batman. Batman was campy 4 3 decades as opposed to barely 20 years of the darker Batman O' Neil and Adams introduced by the time Burton's Batman was released :)

I hope we get other characters. Romero Joker, Meredith Penguin, Gorshin Riddler, Newmar Catwoman, Batgirl. Highly doubtful we'll see most of these, but Joker would be fine with me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back