1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

FF9600F9-1C94-41A8-9521-B68199C2EDAC.jpg

...and, whether or not you want to call it serendipity or whatever, I wound up with the most badass picture of Adam West, Burt Ward, and myself, ever...and yes, in my head, Adam West is totally playing air guitar there.

FCC9334A-378E-4D2F-B318-D8FB5FFC56E5_2.jpg

:rock Nice one Batfan!

You were there today Batfan? :lol People were pissed at West for that "To *insert name*" BS, so many people were bitching about him.

I walked past the dude that plays the Green Power ranger and was amazed that he was a bonafide manlet.

I was there yesterday, and I don't get it. Dude was super nice to me. The one that cracked me up was some dude on their Facebook page bitching about his $300 poster now being WORTHLESS because it has his name on it, and how, I **** you not, his words, "in all honesty I was probably going to sell it after they died." Like, if that's what the dude wants to do, no one's forcing you to get his signature, and you save 120 bucks.

I did feel a little weird during the photo op, though. It feels so impersonal; like they're props at the State Fair or whatever, where they're just like "stand there. No touching, please. Smile." Like, I get the reasoning behind it; if everybody was carrying on a conversation with them, they'd never get out of there (which Burt Ward didn't seem to give too much of a **** about; that dude is EXTREMELY personable :lol), but it feels a little...alien, and it really hits home that we assign these dudes importance based on some fictional characters they played 50 years ago and don't really view them as people. That being said, it was worth it for West appearing to play air guitar, alone.:lol

Like, the entitlement with that crowd was staggering. Some lady got pissed that Burt Ward wasn't back from lunch, yet, while I was waiting in line; another dude was coming up in the West line with some **** to get signed and asked another guy how much it cost; the guy told him it was $120, and the dude was like "that much!?! I was gonna get all this **** signed, but if the dude wants to be greedy like that, he can go **** himself." I don't know. I have zero complaints. I had fun, they were both really nice, which was something I had worried about prior to going, and my signatures came out beautifully.

Really, whether or not I go to those things pretty much depends on the guests, as I don't really buy ****, but if you or any of the other North Eastern Freaks ever want to meet up and shoot the **** or grab a drink or something, I'm game.

:rock Nice one Batfan!

Thanks, Lejuan!:rock

The photo op's still awesome, though! I'd highly recommend Robin if you have Batman, though. They're both fantastic figures!

True! They were just really strict with not letting anyone interact with them at all during it. :lol West seemed pretty tired, too.

As for the Robin figure, I've been meaning to get one, but I doubt he'll be going anywhere anytime soon so he isn't exactly top priority. I might pick one up if they put that Romero Joker up for preorder.

True! They were just really strict with not letting anyone interact with them at all during it. :lol West seemed pretty tired, too.

As for the Robin figure, I've been meaning to get one, but I doubt he'll be going anywhere anytime soon so he isn't exactly top priority. I might pick one up if they put that Romero Joker up for preorder.

Oh, yeah; that's how it was with me, as well, and it was kind of weird, in all honesty.:lol I still hope we see Romero soon. I don't believe it ever will, but there's still a part of me that would like to see the '66 Batmobile happen, too.

Yeah, if I go, I never go for the celebs. I liked it better when it was at the Monroeville expo center back when it was exclusively a toy show. The vendors were much better.

The highlight of Sunday for me was finding this weird ****,

You_Doodle_2017-04-10T04_26_57Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-10T04_29_23Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-04-10T04_28_13Z.jpg

Oh, yeah... there's still a part of me that would like to see the '66 Batmobile happen, too.

Me too:crying
When, when!!:tap

Nice autographs batfan08! Feel the same way about getting them, but totally would geek out over meeting those two!

Yeah, if I go, I never go for the celebs. I liked it better when it was at the Monroeville expo center back when it was exclusively a toy show. The vendors were much better.

The highlight of Sunday for me was finding this weird ****,

View attachment 335210

View attachment 335212
View attachment 335213

hey great finds ,congrats

forgive my ignorance ,but the monroeville expo center ,would that be a shopping center in pittsburg ,as it was a treasure trove for collectors

as i used to come over from the uk in first weekend of of december for a couple of years in the mid 1990s to stall out with my mate scott fleming ,aka scooters customs

bring over a ton of tri logo star wars stuff and loose yaks and last 17 figures ,
i spent all year picking them up from every uk toy show i could get to :lol 2am starts and 5 hour drives ,early bird tickets ,all for a 45 minute flash round the tables :slap
then stall out at monroeville in december and fx orlando super bowl weekend

great times ,i used to love going stateside and looked forward to winter so much back then :lol

on a slightly related note :rotfl at the thought of burt ward ,the size he is now advising anyone or anything about diet or nutrition :thud:

apologies for any offence ,or if turns out he has big bones or its glandular :lol

That's how it was when I met him a few years back. I had heard many people saying that he would only personalize, so I'm glad I knew that in advance. He did seem to get a little upset with me when I asked him to put Batman after his name. He said the picture I had was his favorite, very rarely seen, so he obliged.

For $120 a pop he should give you what you want. It's not like this is hard work here.

I'd love to be able to sign my name for that in the end years.

And it's not about money either it's the fact i don't like personalized signatures.

I agree, I don't like my items signed with a personalization either, but it was that or nothing. They wouldn't allow any video either, so I got about 30 feet away and recorded with my phone, security came right toward me.

For $120 a pop he should give you what you want. It's not like this is hard work here.

I'd love to be able to sign my name for that in the end years.

And it's not about money either it's the fact i don't like personalized signatures.

Presumably he likes to feel that there's some personal element to the exchange, it's fair enough.

Presumably he likes to feel that there's some personal element to the exchange, it's fair enough.

It could be that or getting back to the money thing...perhaps he knows personalized sigs are worthless and he doesn't want others making $ off his signature thus potentially hurting his bottom line?:dunno

Forgive me for not giving him the benefit of the doubt because $120 a pop and folks not being allowed to take a freaking picture from behind the line.

Meanwhile Ward gets personal with fans..

Last edited:
I opted not to do the personalization with Ward. I thought it was a miracle that West got my name (Spiros) right and I didn't want to tempt fate.:lol

I still can't find where they are appearing next. Boston is all but cancelled. No word on SDCC and doesn't look like they are coming back to MotorCity Comic Con this year...I missed them last year!!!!:gah::gah::gah:

It could be that or getting back to the money thing...perhaps he knows personalized sigs are worthless and he doesn't want others making $ off his signature thus potentially hurting his bottom line?:dunno

Forgive me for not giving him the benefit of the doubt because $120 a pop and folks not being allowed to take a freaking picture from behind the line.

Meanwhile Ward gets personal with fans..

I think they're two very different people. West is a bit of a recluse, Ward is really into his fame. I dunno... I'm more inclined to blame the whole signature industry for taking what was once a cool personal interaction between fans and stars and commodifying it.

Back