1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Hydeous.

Mikegtra, it is difficult to pick a favorite. I opened them all yesterday and was aware of Batman's fragile outfit so I was very careful and didn't try to pose him much. Captain America's right arm seemed stuck when I got it and I think I broke something but his arm works much better now and is not as limited. The boy wonder looks great in his vibrant outfit. I like Captain America with the caped crusaders, he just seems to fit in with their outfits. I enjoy all 3 of these figures, and lean most towards Captain America, but then I see his company and think to myself, damn they are all cool!

Thanks Mate,

my second un modified BAtman seems so bland compared to my repaint . Im thinking of selling my mint one. Maybe ill keep both I don't know

Any side by side pics?

Sure here is one side by side :)

10565187_776509522371218_2056407433698104309_n.jpg

I just don't get how is it possible that these are considered poor sellers by some that say the 66 Batmobile won't get made because of it. Maybe I'm just too old

I just don't get how is it possible that these are considered poor sellers by some that say the 66 Batmobile won't get made because of it. Maybe I'm just too old

No they are still available at retail on Ebay- plus SS still has them, etc. Heard reports they aren't moving.True? Looks that way.
Maybe the car will be produced....but I doubt it.

These two are WINNERS- HT did them right!

No they are still available at retail on Ebay- plus SS still has them, etc. Heard reports they aren't moving.True? Looks that way.

I guess these two weren't big in Asia, as the more contemporary versions are. And presumably it's largely 30+ aged collectors interested in them. And maybe the suit fragility issues have put a few people off. Or maybe they just produced a bucketload of them to ride the hype and they overshot on the numbers.

My biggest disappointment with the Bats figure is the suit. Such a fun looking figure shouldn't be so handling-averse.

I guess these two weren't big in Asia, as the more contemporary versions are. And presumably it's largely 30+ aged collectors interested in them. And maybe the suit fragility issues have put a few people off. Or maybe they just produced a bucketload of them to ride the hype and they overshot on the numbers.

My biggest disappointment with the Bats figure is the suit. Such a fun looking figure shouldn't be so handling-averse.

Good points! Boils down to the fact in Asia these tanked- they aren't IM.

They are good figures , but lets be honest , people prefer not to buy them for numbers of reasons. The suits are prone to snags and crooked logos. The colour of the boots, gloves and cowl are not accurately matched to the cape and undies . The portrait of Burt Ward is slightly off to my eyes and his cape is to short, and I think most of all, the TV show no one really gives a toss about unless your a die hard fan like me.
Also what doesn't help is scalpers want more than 280.00 for each figure and they just aren't worth that much . You need to spend nearly 550.00 to have both and that's a lot to part with for figures that are only 90% accurate. People are alos more into Marvel stuff right now, so its more competitive. These figures one day will just be like the Barney Ross, Joe Colton and Perseus figures . No one really wants to buy them. A few months ago , these figures were HOT > now they are yesterdays news especially considering they announced several UBER Figures to come next year like Marty McFly . When that was announced and I saw the pics , it w2as one of the happiest moments of my life . I don't think I had ever been excited for a new HT figure until that day .

Also, as someone mentioned the 30 yr old thing, I think that age group is tighter and more responsible with their money. Going in on both is asking them a lot

The more I look at this one, the chunkiness is hard to avoid. Along with the fact that he's about 99% rubber, I'll be passing on this one. :(

Has anyone tried modding the fins on Batman's gauntlets for greater screen accuracy? On the actual costume, thegloves.jpg length of the fins decrease as they go up up the arm.

I love my batman and robin set , my biggest hardship with the figure is the flat purple plastic parts just don't look right . I tried before painting it metallic purple some people liked it some people didn't . I have a new theory im testing . I could use a clear purple over the exsiting purple and might match . I m testing it out on spare parts first to see which one looks best . So far I tested using metallic purple, then using a clear coat of smoke black, then a slight touch of clear blue. This seems to be the closest match , but its the hot toys cape colour throwing it all off. here is a pic of some test paints. Let me know what you think. View attachment 126376View attachment 126377View attachment 126378

Ok I'm sorry if you guys already spoke of this just wondering why doesn't he look fat in this pic?

Back