1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shot and that's it ... for today lol
IMG_2381_0196_zps5b7a3e74.jpg

I dunno...

is it part of my childhood? yes.

is it a piece of history in batman character? yes, major one.

its also a well made toy with accurate likeness thats quite rare for HT.

But it feels like a semi hard on for me. I mean, I keep coming back here just to find the urge so when I go home Id get excited enough to wanna rip those tapes and play with this figure.

Same here, I didn't watch the show too much. I just saw the reruns as a kid. It's not what I identify with but it does call back to those original comics and I like that part of these figures a lot. Besides it's the only Batman and Robin set you can get and they look great together

Same here, I didn't watch the show too much. I just saw the reruns as a kid. It's not what I identify with but it does call back to those original comics and I like that part of these figures a lot. Besides it's the only Batman and Robin set you can get and they look great together

Exactly.

I think most of the 50 or 60 yos would prolly relate to this figure than, say those who are in their 30s or 20s.

I saw the re runs during early nineties, when I was like 10 or 11, back then there wasnt that much of a choice of entertainment for kids, toys or anything for that matter. And after school I'd clean up get my snack and sit in front of the tv 15 min before show time to watch this, along with other cartoon/kids stuff.

Comparing these to Japanese anime and sentai TV shows, the fight scenes, costumes and story I was more interested in the Japanese anime. They usually have tons of cool looking robot machinery, rides and gimmicks.

I think if I were to display these, Id get a kick when I see some old guy who used to be a fan of this series to see and marvel at how accurate these are. Rather than enjoying them personally when I'm alone displaying and marvelling at my collection like I would with my DBZ figures and HT Nolan Batman stuffs.

I grew up on reruns of the show- loved it. All nostalgia factor? No, for me I still enjoy the show for what it is- comic book translated accurately to live action.
Best HT figures this year(so far)

Held off buying Robin as I'd convinced myself I'd be satisfied just shoving Adam West with Keaton and Bale as a kind of Batman through the ages type thing. Since I relented and bought the boy wonder, I find I prefer him to his partner. Not only does he make Batman shine brighter by simply standing beside him, his suit also manages to escape scot free from the maddening snag problem whilst the pixie boots paired with tights combo stands proud as the purest 'comic book' representation of a character Hot Toys has produced to date. Seriously, if you have 66 Batman, you need this Robin to roll with him.

^ great shots man :rock

Every time I think I've made up my mind to skip this guy I wind up back in this thread......:panic:

I'd strongly recommend him. The likeness is great, the costume is solid except the suit can snag on bare fingers. He also stands out in my cabinet because of his extravagant colours and 'campy' look compared to MOS Superman and any Nolan figures.

I'm hoping to pick these up by the end of the Year after I get the MIME Joker.

How has this masterpiece not sold out yet? It amazes me how collectors are passing on this but have no problems ordering 6-7 different versions of Iron Man. B&R not selling out pretty much kills any chance of more from this line. What a sad day.

How has this masterpiece not sold out yet? It amazes me how collectors are passing on this but have no problems ordering 6-7 different versions of Iron Man. B&R not selling out pretty much kills any chance of more from this line. What a sad day.

I was surprised by this as well. As you said I was expecting this to have sold out by now. Iron Man is very popular in Hong Kong though whereas I can't imagine the 1966 Batman being as loved in Hong Kong. I was really hoping for a Penguin or Joker but it seems all enthusiasm has been lost on the Batmobile by Hot Toys.

I was surprised by this as well. As you said I was expecting this to have sold out by now. Iron Man is very popular in Hong Kong though whereas I can't imagine the 1966 Batman being as loved in Hong Kong. I was really hoping for a Penguin or Joker but it seems all enthusiasm has been lost on the Batmobile by Hot Toys.

I still question if the 66 Batmobile will be made...we'll see

I love my batman and robin set , my biggest hardship with the figure is the flat purple plastic parts just don't look right . I tried before painting it metallic purple some people liked it some people didn't . I have a new theory im testing . I could use a clear purple over the exsiting purple and might match . I m testing it out on spare parts first to see which one looks best . So far I tested using metallic purple, then using a clear coat of smoke black, then a slight touch of clear blue. This seems to be the closest match , but its the hot toys cape colour throwing it all off. here is a pic of some test paints. Let me know what you think. 10407240_773596169329220_4941186437627392333_n.jpg1044795_773596252662545_1308912311289408079_n.jpg1896971_773596249329212_7102793401832708393_n.jpg

thanks , yes I must admit my first one was pretty CRUD I must admit . Thanks for the comments, glad to hear I I'am going in the right direction with it . I'm adding some weathering to his boot soles as well for a bit extra detail

Back