1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin's in the house. I waited until I had the Dynamic Duo together before I opened them. Here's hoping there's no issues with Batman. I'm just wondering how extreme I should be with the suit. Should I go buy some latex gloves?

Oh, and right off the bat these boxes give off a completely fresh vibe. Love the art on these things.

Robin's in the house. I waited until I had the Dynamic Duo together before I opened them. Here's hoping there's no issues with Batman. I'm just wondering how extreme I should be with the suit. Should I go buy some latex gloves?

Oh, and right off the bat these boxes give off a completely fresh vibe. Love the art on these things.

I wouldn't handle the fabric without some sort of glove, cotton or latex. OMG was the first to say that cotton wasn't adequate, but someone else said that pilling could result from latext also. I'm going to not handle the fabric at all if I can help it, gloves or no gloves - same as with CR Supes.

Looking forward to yours thoughts.

Almost didn't recognize you with that avy. Have you ever changed it?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I wouldn't handle the fabric without some sort of glove, cotton or latex. OMG was the first to say that cotton wasn't adequate, but someone else said that pilling could result from latext also. I'm going to not handle the fabric at all if I can help it, gloves or no gloves - same as with CR Supes.

Hmm. I mean, my hands aren't that rough but I did get a few snags on the very first Reeve Superman I received, and I barely handled it. I'm assuming this Batman costume is as fragile as the orange shirt on the DX 08 Joker? That thing is just waiting to burst at the seams. I might buy some gloves but I may just pose by handling the headsculpt, hands/gauntlets and feet. I don't know yet.

I'm hoping just exercising caution will be enough. The only thing I'm afraid of is the symbol being crooked. That's going to be the first thing I check when I get home.

Almost didn't recognize you with that avy. Have you ever changed it?

Nope, never really changed it. I've had the '89/BTAS/TDK Batman/Joker animation combo for years. It's a shame that they were both deleted off my profile, I don't have the original JPEG or psd file anymore. Guess I should have ponied up the 25 bucks.

My Batman will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to this figure. Been at the top of my most wanted list for so long - so stoked to finally have it delivered tomorrow. Hopefully it will have no issues.

I still haven't gotten mine. Maybe by the time they ship mine, Hot Toys would make a change in the suit's materials. One can hope.

I'm assuming this Batman costume is as fragile as the orange shirt on the DX 08 Joker? That thing is just waiting to burst at the seams.
Yeah, really??

I'd never have noticed until you mentioned that. I set my Jack up once & put him in the cabinet.

Mine's fine anyway. :)

I have been fiddling with my Batman for a couple of days now. I've used rubber gloves and my bare hands, thankfully no snags yet. My problem is getting the shoulder snap on the cape to connect. When I got him the rear snaps were on, but I wanted to snap it from the front. The left shoulder snap worked fine, but the right keeps falling in the shoulder joint making it impossible to snap. I'm trying to get the right pose but the cape won't cooperate.

The snaps are a bigger WTFHT then the suit, IMO.

If I were you, don't bother with the snaps. I would use wig tape to achieve what you want from the cape. :lecture

Some of you guys must have some scaly, sandpaper skin! I have had CR Superman for over 2 years and no snagging, and I hold the figure by the outfit. Someone mentioned DX08's orange shirt. Well I hardly touch it since it's covered by his jacket. Not to mention his belt line is high so I hold him by the pants area.

Thanks, I'll start looking. The suit is delicate yeah, but not like tissue paper. If your careful you should have no problem.

The fun factor on these is off the Bat-scale.

I am having a blast watching the 1966 Batman series again. My wife is even singing “Batman.” :lol

I made a henchman. I knew I couldn’t make Hawkeye, Sparrow, Swoop, Eagle-Eye, Dove, Octopus, Shark, or Swordfish. I created a new character.

10155680_656942494378979_4880622205721662787_n.jpg

Back