1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At what point does this suit become a manufacturing defect ala dX02? I mean, you can't even touch the damn thing.

Last edited:
He told me $85 for the suit and $55 for the cape, or $120 for both. I know it's worth it in the long run with the fragility of the Hot Toys suit, but after paying $200 for the figure in the first place, another hundred is a real blow to the wallet.

I hear you. It becomes a $330 figure all included.

I'll think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His prices have gone up, methinks.

I just spit my drink all over my monitor. :lol Its good to know I have such a far reaching effect over the continued advancement of the command of the English language by my fellow forum members. :yess::clap:wink1:

I had loads of SS points so that is how I justified the cost of the cape/ suit. Given a choice between the two, I'd go for the cape to improve the overall look of the figure & just employ a 100% hands off policy on the figure. It does snag easily, even worse the CR Superman. :gah:

Hello guys I would like to share with you a small unboxing vid that I made for this great fig, hope you like it :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9hA87IJByA

That was great man, I loved it! Very creative.

The suit snagging is a real issue and you will undoubtedly get a few of them if you pose Bats at all. If you're worried about keeping him minty.. I'd wear gloves and/or be very mindful when you handle him. That being said, if you don't have callouses/rough fingers and keep your fingernails trimmed/tidy.. it won't be as big of an issue as some are worried about. The suit will not disintegrate on touch. I have 3 or 4 small, barely noticeable pilled spots from spending a better part of a day posing and photographing him. I'm not happy about it, but once I realized there was an issue with it, I've been more careful and haven't had any more.

Here's a link to my review (again) for those who may have missed it.
https://radtoyreview.com/2014/04/26/review-hot-toys-1966-classic-batman/

Bats arrived today, the symbol looks a bit off center. I think it's fixable. :clap

I narrowed my focus to Marvel but this and Robin are too classic to pass up.

I am having way too much fun with these guys.
Been posing Batman while listening to the movie soundtrack.
v4to90.jpg

After a few dynamic and silly poses, I ended up here. I think I'll call thus, thoughtful.

Dark lord Dave talked about getting more sets of these guys. I can relate.
I have a set if the Mattel figures in my office, but I will need a second set of BnR for the Batmobile !!!

Robin came in..and yes there is a neck there (you just have to lower the shirt collar a bit). I Luv these two guys. :smiley1:

102_7420640x362_zps6c0cf93a.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

This was the price quoted to me a month ago:
Batman 1966 custom two piece suit- $65+SH $7 in USA or $11 International
Batman 1966 custom cape- $45+SH $7 in USA or $11 International
Discount available for repeat customers, contact him at [email protected] for more info

His prices have gone up, methinks.

He told me $85 for the suit and $55 for the cape, or $120 for both. I know it's worth it in the long run with the fragility of the Hot Toys suit, but after paying $200 for the figure in the first place, another hundred is a real blow to the wallet.

$85 for the 2-piece bodysuit is what he also gave me yesterday when I asked for the price. I should have ordered earlier.

As much as I love the character and love Tony's suit... it's a $200 figure for me, not a $300+ figure.

...and wouldn't it just suck to put a peel in the suit from changing it over :lol

I emailed Tony last night and he said the suit had been discontinued, but also listed a price for the cape and suit combo. I'm confused. Is he no longer making the suit or is he only offering it as part of a package deal?

As much as I love the character and love Tony's suit... it's a $200 figure for me, not a $300+ figure.

...and wouldn't it just suck to put a peel in the suit from changing it over :lol
I guess it's a nice alternative to have the option of a replacement suit, but I think I'll just be uber careful. :lol

By that - I mean, always gripping the figure by the belt, back of the cape & chest emblem when handling it.

Gripping the gloves & boots when posing the limbs isn't a bad idea either (when joints are room temp enough). :)

$140 for the Tony stuff? Ouch. Looks wonderful, but I couldn't do it. The only thing that could lessen the blow is if you sold off the HT suit and cape but then really end up snagging the suit by taking it off. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I guess it's a nice alternative to have the option of a replacement suit, but I think I'll just be uber careful. :lol

By that - I mean, always gripping the figure by the belt, back of the cape & chest emblem when handling it.

Gripping the gloves & boots when posing the limbs isn't a bad idea either (when joints are room temp enough). :)
As Michael's Toy Review said, just moving the belt a bit can cause snags. . .only touching the hands and feet is probably your best bet. Don't bend the shoulders, elbows, thighs, or knees, either. But apart from that you should be golden! Thanks again, Hot Toys!

Back