Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's a lot of figures! I mainly stick to the comics, statues and now Hot Toys. I have a few others rare random items and a lot of posters.

Your Edinburgh looks a hell of a lot nicer then Edinburg, Texas.

Wow! That's a lot of figures! I mainly stick to the comics, statues and now Hot Toys. I have a few others rare random items and a lot of posters.

My Brother collects almost everything Superman related, but mainly figures and statues.

Your Edinburgh looks a hell of a lot nicer then Edinburg, Texas.

That was the view from my back garden here in Glenrothes, but Edinburgh *does* look great.

edinburgh1.jpg

JasonHawkes-1314.jpg

Edinburgh.jpg

I am officially a Hot toys collector!

Jor El arrived moments ago and...wow! That's about all I can see. My wife is even impressed and that's a good thing. Can't wait for MOS Superman and I'm considering going down the road to pick up an open box Reeve Superman. I noticed it the other day in a glass case at the back of the store.

Here's my silly noob question. I've got the stand together and...I don't know how to use it :slap. Do most just stand Jor El on the base or do you bend the stand to wrap around the waist. I feel like an idiot, but it is my first time and the first time is always awkward.

Jor El arrived moments ago and...wow! That's about all I can see. My wife is even impressed and that's a good thing. Can't wait for MOS Superman and I'm considering going down the road to pick up an open box Reeve Superman. I noticed it the other day in a glass case at the back of the store.

Here's my silly noob question. I've got the stand together and...I don't know how to use it :slap. Do most just stand Jor El on the base or do you bend the stand to wrap around the waist. I feel like an idiot, but it is my first time and the first time is always awkward.
:rotfl:lol

I have seen people either stand him on his own without it or I saw one guy had just like bent it behind Jor and the cape went over it. You do have to play around to get it right though from what I have read.

I just have him standing on the base w/o the waist clamp. But soon I'll have him on a standard HT base

Thanks for the advice! He's been standing on his own (like a big boy!) for the past couple of days. What an amazing piece! My wife likes it, too. That + a nice Christmas bonus = time to get more. They have a Reeve Superman at my LCS. Time to give him a new home with his dad...kinda.

Nice pics, I can't figure out what to do with the stand

There's a simple mod you can do.
It involves taking a normal crotch stand and adding a new base piece to it.
Basically, you are making a small piece the crotch stand can plug into, and that small piece plugs into the Jor El base.
It might be hard to explain, but i made a similar thing for a guy here in the UK as a modular base where the figures could go anywhere on the base by using pegs.
In the following pics, look for the crotch stands, and the pegged base parts they attach to:

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

Nice shots, chubbyman!

And you're always toiling in that workshop with great results there, Barry...great ideas for display!

Here's another shot of Jor-El from me....

"I've held that hope in my hands...."

Such a beautiful job here, Hot Toys...can't wait for Kal-El to join him....

Love the lighting there, Jedibear! Looks very much like the sunset on Krypton

Thanks for the tip Barry! I desperately want this guy to hold a baby Kal. Does anyone have any ideas?

Pretty sure you can find a small baby in doll aisles at you're local Toys R Us or Walmart. I've suggested this the last time you asked but guess you never saw it

Love the lighting there, Jedibear! Looks very much like the sunset on Krypton

Pretty sure you can find a small baby in doll aisles at you're local Toys R Us or Walmart. I've suggested this the last time you asked but guess you never saw it

Oh yeah, I did try that. I haven't had time to look in stores but I did look online and I couldn't find anything. Have you seen one before? I just saw a bunch of empty strollers in barbie sets but I never saw any baby. I guess kids can choke on them?

Back