Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please someone eat a sock whoever said the flames look toyish
These pics are awesome

:borg:
:lol

That would be me. But I say--you stick Toy Biz Phoenix in the right lighting and the orange plastic would look just as "realistic." Problem is, I can't imagine many of us are gonna leave GR with his little LEDs on all day in a room with a night cityscape background. So for 99% of the time you own him, he's not gonna look anything close to what you see in those pics anyhow.

He'll still look good of course, but going back to the whole issue you are bringing up (which is my issue with the see-through plastic), I think GR would look best on the shelf for most of the time if it wasn't that material. The material is really made for the light-up gimmick, and I'm not gonna be using it very much, so it has limited utility for me.

Last edited:
ToysDaily:

ap_20110506125208378.jpg

ap_20110506125226490.jpg

ap_20110506125301960.jpg

ap_20110506125329919.jpg

ap_20110506125342826.jpg

ap_20110506125445567.jpg

ap_20110506125429970.jpg

ap_20110506125523624.jpg

ap_20110506125505553.jpg

ap_20110506125536759.jpg

the flames on his head look really bright now ?

:lol

That would be me. But I say--you stick Toy Biz Phoenix in the right lighting and the orange plastic would look just as "realistic." Problem is, I can't imagine many of us are gonna leave GR with his little LEDs on all day in a room with a night cityscape background. So for 99% of the time you own him, he's not gonna look anything close to what you see in those pics anyhow.

He'll still look good of course, but going back to the whole issue you are bringing up (which is my issue with the see-through plastic), I think GR would look best on the shelf for most of the time if it wasn't that material. The material is really made for the light-up gimmick, and I'm not gonna be using it very much, so it has limited utility for me.

Did you say something? It's hard to hear with that sock in your mouth. :wave

Dude the light up function is everything about this figure! I used to laugh when people complained about not being able to plug in a figure to an outlet, like how important is it to have Iron Man's eyes lit all the time?

But with this figure it makes total sense. I wish this could plug in, just hit the light switch Flame On :panic:

Presumably gonna use those itty bitty batteries you find in some watches, just like Hot Toys' other figures.

You guys who want to keep him lit up all the time might consider stocking up :lol They are pretty cheap on eBay I think.

He is still going on about it? Jesus!!! Talk about being persistent. Plain and simple, even transparent plastic looks a lot more presentable when not light up than toy biz plastic.

The Balrog example you posted sure looks great in that SS promo pic. The actual product is far less impressive and you do not have light up feature to make it look more impressive in pictures.

He is still going on about it? Jesus!!! Talk about being persistent. Plain and simple, even transparent plastic looks a lot more presentable when not light up than toy biz plastic.

The Balrog example you posted sure looks great in that SS promo pic. The actual product is far less impressive and you do not have light up feature to make it look more impressive in pictures.

I will argue the Balrog in person is no less impressive than in the pic. I don't know if you actually owned it or not but I did.

Well I didn't bringing it back up. Someone else did, and I responded, and as a result folks are now saying the piece is useless without the light-up feature. Which, to me, is a problem and part of the reason I have issue with it as realistically folks aren't gonna leave this on all day long. Sorry if a discussion of this sort offends you or otherwise makes you uncomfortable. :peace

I will readily admit that in the right lighting, the flames with the light up feature look fantastic.

For me I won't be leaving the light on and think it looks awesome with just the translucent plastic. I love the added features on Iron Man but I only use them once in a while. So I would even disagree that the light up feature is needed.

I don't own it but in hand pics from around here sure doesn't stand up to the promo pic. Probably just pics taken with crappy camera or lighting though.

That may be. I wish when I had it I had the camera I do now. I'd have taken a ____ pile of pics. Trust me that piece was awesome but the way they make the fire look now would be even better on that piece.

This one if anything like the batpod and I am pretty sure this will be using AAA. Larger body to hide AAA and easily can centralize the power source so those libreakage batts likely will only be in the skull. Also look at it. So much brighter too!
Modding that to be on by a remote controllable powered outlet should be a lot easier than IMs and is what my setup eventually get.

:borg:

Back