Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that an official picture? Just looks drawn on to me.

Well it's a mock-up. That's why it looks "Drawn on" because it's a hand drawn or computer generated image.

Not disputing if it's legit i.e. the costume could end up looking exactly like that, just pointing out that it's not a pic of the real actor in the real costume.

:wave

According to this source, it's the real deal, m'man.

Personally, I'm disappointed Caps doesn't have the "wings" on the helmet.

In the 'never gonna happen' file, the design made me think it'd be cool in some "Elsewhere" story to see the Comedian somehow go rogue & face-off against Caps in a fight. Who'd win? Lol... :)

Comedian. Cap would hesitate to kill him, but the Comedian would just blast away at him without a second though. Come to think of it, I think it WAS the Comedian that shot Cap :lol

Hey Emarae,WELCOME!You won't regret getting these smileys from Ray!:exactly:Just one small word of advise,BE PATIENT!These things are really small and even though they're made really durable they can break if not careful.Believe me it will make things so much easier.You'll see!Ray again i wanna say THANX BRO!Seriously,before these my Comedian just looked blah but now i look at him every chance i get.:wink1:

CeeemOr,

Thanks for the great welcome and glad to be on board! I can spend days going through this forum with all the latest info on what's hot and what other fellow collectors are up to with their collections. I just love seeing all the custom stuff! Truly insane stuff!
Now being new, am I supposed to get some sort of e-mail notification that someone has responded to my post or something like that? I've just been checking back at this thread to see all the replies, so sorry if I'm getting back to anyone late.
Anyhow, thanks for the tips on the Comedian decal applications. I certainly don't wanna screw it up! And to Raymond, many thanks again!
I'm an artist/ inker with DC Comics, so having all the details right on my figures is a must!

-MARLO

That must be a pretty nice job...

:D

Hey Legion!

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it! haha..! Actually DCs been a great company to work with as have many of the other comics companies I've worked with over the years, but for the longest time I've found DC to be the place to be.
It's too bad that Hot Toys isn't putting out the other Watchmen members. Has anyone picked up the 13" DC Direct Watchmen figures to display along with the Hot Toys figures? I'm just wondering how they'll all look together as I just picked up a Rorschach and Dr.Manhattan for really cheap (around $20) on ebay. I know the scale is off, but we'll see. The Rorschach might make for a cool custom starting point. Oh well..

I've really been draggin my feet on these two HT figs. I gotta get on the ball before there sold out.

According to this source, it's the real deal, m'man.

Personally, I'm disappointed Caps doesn't have the "wings" on the helmet.

In the 'never gonna happen' file, the design made me think it'd be cool in some "Elsewhere" story to see the Comedian somehow go rogue & face-off against Caps in a fight. Who'd win? Lol... :)

I always thought the "little fuzzy ears" were the dorkiest thing I'd ever seen, even from back when I was 8 years old. I remember never buying into CA and that was one of the main reasons. I say it was a wise, wise move leaving them off for the movie. I have to say I think the movie costume looks pretty good. Always dangerous when you have a guy who pretty much has to be in the colorful tights because it's his entire identity. Wolverine can work without the Pikachu look... but Cap needs the american flag outfit.

but I do wish it was a little more military and less dark knight esque superhero costume.. even straight black cameo pants and and american flag body armor would have been cooler. and the mask should look more like a helmet. the shield has to stay canon though... it's perfect.

To the people who have this in hand, can the mask be poped off? I know its not suppose to come off but with some force could you get it off? Or is it sculpted? I got a custom idea...

I still want a Silk Specter figure Ive been watching and waiting for the price to drop on BBTS its a good figure but I dont think its worth the cost its at now...

To the people who have this in hand, can the mask be poped off? I know its not suppose to come off but with some force could you get it off? Or is it sculpted? I got a custom idea...

i dont think so, but i've never tried, nor am i willing to. but i have thought about buying a second head and trying it, cuz i also have a custom idea. (vietnam or old man in bathrobe?)

It does come off but there are plugs that hold it on and the face is cut into the form around the mask. Would take some work but it could be done.

Just took my man off the shelf to look at the mask and noticed a problem. One of the elbow pads split!!

Be careful stretching the rubber kids.

82cab11a.jpg

Back