Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks about the break. I'll keep mine in a fairly relaxed pose rather than a ready to shoot one to avoid that happening. Does suck and makes me wonder how long all these will last.

I had him posed with the elbow at a full bend holding the shotgun. I should have know better. Also these things are really tight on him so that much tension is a nobrainer. Superglue is the best.

Be careful stretching the rubber kids.

chris_hansen_large.jpg

i dont think so, but i've never tried, nor am i willing to. but i have thought about buying a second head and trying it, cuz i also have a custom idea. (vietnam or old man in bathrobe?)

I was gonna go with the bathrobe one. Glad i wasnt the only one with that idea:hi5:I think it would really look good displayed all bloodied up and holding a kitchen knife with a cool dio.
Damn i really wanna start it now!:yess:

Just took my man off the shelf to look at the mask and noticed a problem. One of the elbow pads split!!

Be careful stretching the rubber kids.

82cab11a.jpg

Dude.... the same thing happened to me for having him with his elbows bent. Good thing I had parted out another one to sell and kept the elbow pads. Still, this sucks and Hot Toys should've used some other material to avoid this.

I was gonna go with the bathrobe one. Glad i wasnt the only one with that idea:hi5:I think it would really look good displayed all bloodied up and holding a kitchen knife with a cool dio.
Damn i really wanna start it now!:yess:

i've definitely had thoughts about it, i mean what other figures do we have from the series? silk spectre and comedian are the only ones now, so yeah, i've been thinking about this too. but...where do you get a 1/6 bathrobe from?

Has anyone tried putting the DCD Rorschach with these two? I think he's a little shorter than the others in the line to make him an accurate height but I'm not sure.

i've definitely had thoughts about it, i mean what other figures do we have from the series? silk spectre and comedian are the only ones now, so yeah, i've been thinking about this too. but...where do you get a 1/6 bathrobe from?

A bathrobe shouldt be too hard to make. If I find some good material I will give it a shot.

Dude,now it looks like the Comedian!:exactly:I don't know why they made the original body small.Did you have any problems doing this mod?You're WELCOME!:wink1:

you know i thought this should be fun. rubber on rubber. im pretty much going to tear the outfit to hell! lol but i was shocked at how durable it was. went right on. the trick was figuring the harness. once i got that (thanks to you showing where it came apart) it just came together.
of course at the end when im putting all the little straps in around his thighs i pulled off the tips of the straps! :slap but you cant see them. i also flipped the bottoms of his pants up rather than trying to get them inside the boots. and you cant even tell. i do have his head pulled up abit so he doesnt look like this :dunno lol

lets see these bath robe versions now :wink1:

THRUSTMASTER
bruce head i got off ebay awhile ago. ill post some pics in the custom bruce section pal :hi5:

you know i thought this should be fun. rubber on rubber. im pretty much going to tear the outfit to hell! lol but i was shocked at how durable it was. went right on. the trick was figuring the harness. once i got that (thanks to you showing where it came apart) it just came together.
of course at the end when im putting all the little straps in around his thighs i pulled off the tips of the straps! :slap but you cant see them. i also flipped the bottoms of his pants up rather than trying to get them inside the boots. and you cant even tell. i do have his head pulled up abit so he doesnt look like this :dunno lol

lets see these bath robe versions now :wink1:

THRUSTMASTER
bruce head i got off ebay awhile ago. ill post some pics in the custom bruce section pal :hi5:
Dude them little straps are imported straight from HELL!:exactly:I broke all of them on the right and one on the left before i finally realized how they work.A very costly lesson learned:slap.THANK GOD for some sewing skillz cause w/o that i would've never gotten them straps together.The boots which i thought was goin to be the easiest part of this mod ended up being the most time consuming and just a plain ol pain in the arse!:lolI couldn't do what you did cause if i did there would've been too much bunching in his crotch.Anyway,they came out AWESOME so it was worth it!Has anyone made a 1/6 scale bath robe?:wink1:

Back