Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great Zebraten ...nice work. :clap :clap :clap

:hi5:

Thanks very much!

That looks AWESOME Zebraten!It's a real shame that Hot Toys never finished that line!;_;

I hear you. A quality Rorschach and Nite Owl would have been awesome.

ahh! one of my favorites. you did a great job on that Zebraten :clap
i put mine on the chris redfield thanks to buddy ceeemOr :hi5: and used the dc direct gear as well. i just couldnt let him melt away :lol

That's a great idea!

excellent job!!

Thanks very much!

I ended up buying two sets of the DCD Direct Comedian (for 19.00 each, I couldn't resist). i've made a young Comedian in Vietnam. No mask, with flame thrower. Since no head was ever comercially produced by Hot Toys, I modified a DID head, added more facial hair, sideburns, repainted the hair, slight repaint, added stubble and cut to fit muscle body. I know it's not exact, but I was just trying to get close...

image_zps12dfbdf1.jpg

image_zps34cc47cc.jpg

image_zps8f902672.jpg

It's been awhile since anyone has posted on here. Anyway, I just won an auction for the Hot Toys Comedians figure, which I am really excited to get because he is my favorite comic book character of all time and the movie did him justice.

Anyway, my question is, did everyone who purchased this figure faced problems with the leaky oil? Because this figure doesn't have this problem yet and its been close to 4 years since the movie has come out. So since it hasn't happened yet, do you think the rubber on mine is stable?

I was cracking up at that post too Femtech! I looked up the DID head sculpts and found the one he must of used. As you can see, the original head does look a lot like Aldo! Hahaha!

did-ww-ii-french-resistance-pierre-nude-figure-[2]-1891-p.jpg

Another question, I see on youtube reviews for this figures, some people put smiley decals on the yellow pin and guns. Where did they get those. I'm assuming someone here on the board has made those.

image_zps5ef326ec.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just saw this. Great idea! Now what HT knock off body are you talking about? The only one I know of is the narrow shoulder and this isn't it. If you have a link that would be great.

Don't know if anyone still reads this, but I went for a simple solution, cutting up a handkerchief (cotton or something, don't remember) and stuck it in between all the places where the stuff was touching the suit (that means suit, front back, shoulder strap thingies etc etc) Haven't checked back on this for a long time, but seemed to help, because the plastic and rubber or rubber and rubber weren't touching because of the cloth.

Sorry to necro-post; I'd love to pick up the Hot Toys Comedian, and have an opportunity to get one sealed in the shipper. Is there any chance it would be free of damage, or are all of these suffering from oil leakage/rubber decomposition ? Thanks.

Sorry to necro-post; I'd love to pick up the Hot Toys Comedian, and have an opportunity to get one sealed in the shipper. Is there any chance it would be free of damage, or are all of these suffering from oil leakage/rubber decomposition ? Thanks.

all is possible.
ask him to check it and for a picture.

Well, since this thread is back I might as well throw a hail mary pass and ask a stupid question: does anyone knows if Hot Toys still has the Watchmen license? Because they never made a Rorschach and I want a Rorschach.

Well, since this thread is back I might as well throw a hail mary pass and ask a stupid question: does anyone knows if Hot Toys still has the Watchmen license? Because they never made a Rorschach and I want a Rorschach.

Not happening. HT really blew this line. But they made two great figures, which is a real shame as Rorschach never happened. Ozzy and Night Owl would have been great.

Back