Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys is your only option when it comes to 1/6. You won't regret it.

Get the NECA as well, it's so cheap right now.

And if you're after a really accurate ALIEN bust, get the signed "Giger's Alien".

Giger had a hand in it and it was sculpted at his Swiss studio!

Looks just like Hot Toys. :hi5:

sideshowgigerhead1.jpg

Okay so, for now my HT Alien has been put away. It will not stay standing. Or it will stay standing, for a week, or three days or sometimes a month but it always inevitably falls. That and I needed to make room for the Alien pile statue which is way less accurate but my favorite alien piece in existence.

edit: yeah that Giger bust is way inaccurate. It's missing all sorts of details for one.

Just want to know whether the HT Big Chap legs can be spread out just like the older Alien Warriors? The thighs are attached to ball joints. Thx

The rubber suit greatly limits how far the legs can be spread.

Forcing it will result in breakage that can't be repaired since the suit is one piece. You're then left with an expensive paper weight!

There should be a little leaflet with instructions in the box.

But what you see in the pics is about the limit of how far those legs will spread

Yeah, I would not suggest attempting any extreme poses. And probably not a good idea to leave him in any sort of deep stance as the rubber would likely give out if stretched for too long.

The rubber suit greatly limits how far the legs can be spread.

Forcing it will result in breakage that can't be repaired since the suit is one piece. You're then left with an expensive paper weight!

There should be a little leaflet with instructions in the box.

But what you see in the pics is about the limit of how far those legs will spread

Yeah, I would not suggest attempting any extreme poses. And probably not a good idea to leave him in any sort of deep stance as the rubber would likely give out if stretched for too long.

Thx guys for the info. It means better pose it standing up then? :(

Thx guys for the info. It means better pose it standing up then? :(

Some people have got it posed in a walking/stalking pose. I had a good pose where it was stepping of the base in a sort of mid walk. But the right knee is a little loose and would eventually fall over because its pretty top heavy.

It's one figure I would like a support to have come with the base so I could get that pose and not worry about it falling so mine is now just stood up straight pretty much slightly hunched over.

Shame but nevermind really. Atleast it didn't break or anything the numerous times it fell over! It also had a habit of wiping out every other figure on the shelf. Part of the reason why I decided to leave it in a stationary standing pose

I think it has more to do with the way you have it posed and the location you have it standing rather than any fault with the design.

HTs would have given us a wire stand if it was required.

Mine has been standing in a variety of different positions since I got it and I haven't had a single fall.

No problems with 'extreme' poses either, maybe I just got a good one and some of you got bad ones??

:postpics:

Great Dio. Such a pity HT didn't get the Big Chap right though?
The shape just feels all wrong.

If you added some lights to that dio it would be amazing.
I built one before and found that a slotted piece of card for lighting works a treat and gives it a real film look.
:clap

Just got my Big Chap from Gohastings. With the code it was only $108 plus shipping. Now I want to make the teeth and nails more silver. What type of silver pen did everyone here use to make it look better? And where can I get it?

I just received my Big Chap from goHastings today too. It was $120 shipped with the code. I haven't had time to open it yet, but the HT box is in mint condition even though they box the shipped it in arrived all banged up.

I just received my Big Chap from goHastings today too. It was $120 shipped with the code. I haven't had time to open it yet, but the HT box is in mint condition even though they box the shipped it in arrived all banged up.

Mine was the complete opposite. the shipping box was mint but the HT box was a little banged up. :lol

So anyone know where I can get that Krylon pen for his teeth and nails? I really wanna do that.

Mine was the complete opposite. the shipping box was mint but the HT box was a little banged up. :lol

So anyone know where I can get that Krylon pen for his teeth and nails? I really wanna do that.

When I got home my wife was freaking out because the box was dented. I figured since it was from goHastings it was to be expected. :lol

Yeah, I'll need to pick up one of those pens too.

Back