Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les you are the man! Great idea on the base... I might do that. Not being able to pose the legs outwards more than 15 degrees really limits the amount of stability you can achieve with the figure.

BTW Les, did you change the head on your Kane figure? Looks a bit different...

And thanks Sabres and Jmek for the reply... I didn't want to force anything so figured it was safer to ask first :lol

Les, that's great work.

Any chance you could post a full "Victim's-eye-view" of the mouth as you have it now, with the chromed teeth and new inner mouth behind them?

Also, are you at all tempted to try and close the mouth a bit more? Someone earlier in the thread did it, and I feel it improved the front view a fair bit.

Yeah Les...I'd also love to see a close-up of the mouth (closed and opened) if you get a chance.

Last pics for a while. But, I want to help you guys.

Closeups as it is now. I do hope to do more detailed work on the teeth (especially the tongue teeth fangs) one day, when time allows more than just repaints...

AD034.jpg

AD035.jpg

AD036.jpg

AD037.jpg

AD038.jpg

and you can see the joint between the tongues in this one (it hardly shows up in regular lighting, the flash brings it out)
AD039.jpg

Hope those help. You really have to reposition the tips of the tongue, as you can see, but all these fixes don't take too long. Then again, I have worked on Aliens for so many years, I am not sure what other "tools" I am using when I do this stuff. Best of luck to anyone that tries this. It is nicer.

And mine's mouth will not close all the way. Not now. I kinda wish it could, but it can't. I opted for this look over closed, as I just HAVE to see that inner mouth.

Les, just read you're tongue mod instructions. Sir, you have nerves of steel and the talent to match. I on the other hand have the nerves of somebody who is generally extrmely nervous and just received the biggest fright of their life. :horror

Sadly I also lack any modding skills whatsoever but have been known to wield a mean crayola back in the day. :D

Great pics Les. What you have done is certainly an improvement.

Les, just read you're tongue mod instructions. Sir, you have nerves of steel and the talent to match. I on the other hand have the nerves of somebody who is generally extrmely nervous and just received the biggest fright of their life. :horror

Sadly I also lack any modding skills whatsoever but have been known to wield a mean crayola back in the day. :D

Better than me Jmek...:lol

Les your revised Big Chap is amazing. Bravo! :clap

Amazing work Les, as always. Those few mods make him that bit more alieny... is that a word... it is now!

Whoops! Scrub that. After futzing withthe figure, I finally managed to get the legs straight. So he's comparable to the AVP in height (just a smidge shorter). D'oh! :eek:

I measured mine as soon as he arrived, at nearly 14.5 inches he's pretty much spot on. Badejo was 7'2", so with the extra few inches the mask would have added it's just about right for 1/6th scale.

alien-body-suit1.jpg

1979_alien_002.jpg

Got mine today. Here he is with CPT Miller...hmmm...Saving Private Xeno?? Alien seems a bit short maybe?? Who knows...really nice figure overall.

DSCF7550-1.jpg

Yeah, let's hear what you think, GB!

Excellent, GB...

So now that you have 'em all, which is your favorite?

How does the Chap stack up?

I still think my favorite overall would be the AVP... not my favorite look (or film :lol). But he's a much more poseable and dynamic figure compared to the rest.

Big Chap would be a close 2nd... I definitely prefer his look and the paint work is excellent. But I have concerns over breaking him if I'm not careful, whereas the AVP feels like it could take a few shelf dives with no consequences.

Last edited:
That's one thing that baffles me, the AVP, as far as structure and stability, is about the best you could hope for with the way the Aliens figures are made, holds any pose, stays sturdy in it, yet it seems like over the course of the rest of their offering, there's been a number of issues, it's not often products get worse in something like that, I wonder why the AVP one seems to be lightning in a bottle as far as stability.

That's one thing that baffles me, the AVP, as far as structure and stability, is about the best you could hope for with the way the Aliens figures are made, holds any pose, stays sturdy in it, yet it seems like over the course of the rest of their offering, there's been a number of issues, it's not often products get worse in something like that, I wonder why the AVP one seems to be lightning in a bottle as far as stability.

Yeah, not sure what happened... my only guess is that the bulky size of the AVP design allowed for a stronger body and allowed it to be a better overall figure.

My Aliens warrior is a joke, the crouch I have him in is the only pose he can hold on his own. If I move him the feet, right arm and right leg simply fall of. This is my 2nd Dog Alien, the first had a knee snap and later the other knee just failed.

At this time the Big Chap figure doesn't appear to have any QC issues, but the design which hides the articulation usually means its also easy to break. Not to mention it also severely restricts what poses you can get.

That's essentially why I put this figure on the "to be picked up later" list, I've got DX Batman, Wolverine and FB John Connor coming right now too, something had to be cut right now, and while this Alien is a beautiful display piece, photographically it's much more limited in what you can do with it than the other figures I've got coming, so I elected to cut the Alien based on it giving me the least personal value for my investment. I hope to pick it up later, I do want it, just timing sucked.

Back