Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now i'm actually terrified HT will do another alien. whenever there's this much backlash on a release, they always seem motivated to revisit the piece to appease people. it's nice that HT are such approval whores, but not for those of us who preorder early. GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME HT!

and to the inevitable response of "why preorder so early then?"....

shut up :anya2

I wonder if a dx might come ?.
There seems to be alot of complaints. I just keep thinking though , why would they go to the trouble of making lines like " the spirit " accurate and never do alien accurate. Maybe theres a hidden reason.
I'll be still buying this after a few other figures , I think it looks great but like many have said in the thread it would have been great to have it more accurate.
well, they've been pretty consistent in making inaccurate aliens. so, there has to be a reason. i can think of 2.
they don't have rights to make them accurate and/or they figured out inaccurate aliens will sell no matter what.
judging by the "sold out" notice on SSC, i'm leaning towards the latter. you goons are turning HT into Kenner.

The DVD holder has it the way I want to make it:

AlienQuad-HEAD-JAW2.jpg

Big bottom teeth:

alien2.jpg

Last edited:
"for those who still don't know how an elefant should look like, i'd compare a crocodile with a penguin".

neca is the same crap.

I have to agree. The Neca is just as inaccurate, but in different ways.

now i'm actually terrified HT will do another alien. whenever there's this much backlash on a release, they always seem motivated to revisit the piece to appease people. it's nice that HT are such approval whores, but not for those of us who preorder early. GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME HT!

I almost think that could be valid, but I think it's 50/50 shot. Half of me thinks it could happen because it's the way of HT these days, but half of me thinks feedback from fans won't matter much because they've been stating their mind on the inaccurracies of the Aliens figures for years starting with the ALIENS warrior and if the trend continues, then I would think it would have been dealt with from the get go. By their own word in their newsletter, they feel it's the best Giger Alien figure out there.

I have to say though, while shots of the prop are interesting, it isn't the most helpful thing to me in deciding whether or not an Alien figure is accurate or not. What I'm looking for really is something that looks like what we saw on screen.

So far the only figure that looks like it's going to achieve that is the Revoltech, and that ain't no good to dedicated 1/6 collectors.

I think we all have, in our minds, an image of what the Giger Alien looks like and I think NECA, Revoltech, Medicom, SS, and Marmit came very close to. I mean, the super fans will find some small details here and there on the products from the above that maybe aren't 100% accurate, but generally I think we can agree that they all look closer to the source material than the Hot Toys rendition.

The clincher is the face, or the entire head. For me, I can forgive some inaccuracies in the tiny details (I don't really mind the "piping" on the arms or the slightly misshapened dorsal pipes/fins), but I think it's quite obvious that when it comes to the Big Chap's most significant, easiest identifiable feature, HT is the farthest away.

This is one of those figures that I'd have to see in person before I can make up my mind. I really want to like it.

That's a pic of the stunt suit from the Brett death scene.

The reason it's in the front is that, since the tail was meant to be hanging down for the scene, having it attached at the back would cause too much stress on the material.

Attaching it to the front relieved some of that stress and made the tail a bit longer for the scene (it did pick Brett up using it's tail).

Of course, IIRC, that was never really seen in the movie.
This is kinda like seeing the hydraulic pumps under the Rambaldi hero head...

These hot toy threads always descend into whiney ????? fests. It's very funny Reading girls, keep it up!

yeah, all the whining and name-calling can be pretty entertaining. better than most of the current crap at the cinema anyway (eg: twilight new moon). :D

btw, i'm just wondering whether the price of this piece will go UP or DOWN in the aftermarket. what do u folks think?

Back