Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED! Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Cheers OMG, makes interesting reading!

Those are pictures of the unmodified one though yes?

Still haven't ordered this. I'd love to be able to see in-hand pics first. If its still available then I might get it.

Hmmm the article has a comparison photo of the HT prototype & the Medi-Alien. I think we all know the scale-size differences.

Hmmm the article has a comparison photo of the HT prototype & the Medi-Alien. I think we all know the scale-size differences.

haha, thats not all, the wordings below translate to something like this

Compared to the version released earlier by Medicom, the 14inch HT version Alien far surpassed them in terms of scale and godliness (sorry, I can't think of a better word to describe that phrase, magnificence may be better) . Besides that, HT also included an extra pair of hands and a base , this is as good as rubbing salt on a person's wound. But We Like It.

The whole article is pretty much a one sided review.

And what, pray, are Howard's "standards"?
Total and utter inaccuracy? :lol

Pisses me off that they hype themselves up so much and people accept it.

And that is the reason why this fig will remain inaccurate.

And what, pray, are Howard's "standards"?
Total and utter inaccuracy? :lol

I don't, I've said since the first newsletter they've got balls touting it as the most accurrate, blah blah blah. I really wonder what the reference material they had is to be saying something like that.

I'm definitely buying this figure when it's available. I think it'll look much better than the photos depict.

Hip joints!!!??? Well that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The design of this Alien is not conducive to having those horrible looking hip joints. Unacceptable.

It's Sideshow's 1/4 scale Maquette next year or nothing. Just hope it wipes its ass with NECA for the amount of money they will be asking for it. Hmmm, $50 or $900. Tough call.

I'm excited about the PVC material switch over rubber. Should look goood and hold up. That's the one thing that held me back from the dog alien.
I want one so dearly, but I've heard too many horror stories, and just can't stand all the rubber.

Just like my sex life.

I wonder if the PVC material will be like the jacket material on Davy Jones.

I'm excited about the PVC material switch over rubber. Should look goood and hold up. That's the one thing that held me back from the dog alien.
I want one so dearly, but I've heard too many horror stories, and just can't stand all the rubber.

Just like my sex life.

Rubber is a much more stable compound than PVC over time.

Rubber is a much more stable compound than PVC over time.

Faint reassurance to those who've had their rubber figures/collectibles break down after a short time span, don't you think?

I think with any of these figures, it's a roll of the dice based on composition of the rubber or other soft materials, storage conditions, light exposure. I know people that have had figures I own break down and I've got no signs of a problem. I've yet to see a consistent patter that can be used to understand the chances of your figure breaking down. The only common problem I know of is paint flaking off the ALIENS warrior figures, seems like a lot of people had that and the AVP one doesn't look painted so my guess is that was a case of painting something that paint won't adhere well too, which could be the upside of this Alien being made of PVC, the detail of paint work on the proto looks great but my first thought was that it'll likely flake off like the Aliens figure, but PVC might take better and last.

I cannot believe how that doesnt look a thing like the Alien. Like..at all.

Interesting that you guys are talking about rubber breaking down. I am uncertain what material they use on the Mattel DC Universe Classic figures but I am assuming it's rubber that they use for the capes.

What I found out is rubber can potentially melt plastic or rub some of the rubber color off if you put the two surfaces side by side. I try to be very careful not to have the rubber touching anything that can potentially damage the finish.

It really ticks me off that toy companies still use these materials even though they know the potential of breaking down, melting etc...

Amazing that they put it next to the clearly superior Medicom Alien - way to NOT prove your point.

I don't know. The Medicom Alien looks pretty weak to me.

Back