Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the whole movie is quite dark to me and the alien only appear in a glimpse, so to me I am happy with it...:banana

P1020089.jpg

Alien is and always will be one of my favorite sci fi movies. Alien is my second favorite iconic monster after Predator. Now, I have the HT Predator, and HT certainly delivered on that. Is it perfect, of coarse not. But it pleased the fans.

With the Alien though, it isn't what it could have been. Now, I love screen accuracy, as we all do. So there is a level of dissapointment with the Alien. The head and mouth being the biggest one probably. Now, I still think that it's one cool figure. And I will get one, but once the price has come down on it. It will look good in my collection, no question.

By the way sabres, those are some fantastic shots there.

Alien is and always will be one of my favorite sci fi movies. Alien is my second favorite iconic monster after Predator. Now, I have the HT Predator, and HT certainly delivered on that. Is it perfect, of coarse not. But it pleased the fans.

With the Alien though, it isn't what it could have been. Now, I love screen accuracy, as we all do. So there is a level of dissapointment with the Alien. The head and mouth being the biggest one probably. Now, I still think that it's one cool figure. And I will get one, but once the price has come down on it. It will look good in my collection, no question.

By the way sabres, those are some fantastic shots there.

Thanks.

And I agree with everything you said there.

:lol, That's the thing, nobody here has it yet... I mean, it's a common thing around here to complaint about inaccuracies without having seen the figure physically, but this time it's too much IMO...

But we haven't just seen proto-pics. We have seen in-hand pics from Toyworld. Its not going to look any different when everyone else gets it and starts posting pics nor does having it in hand magically change what the figure looks like.

actually, there ARE folks on this forum who HAVE seen the ht big chap in person. members like mywii and myself, who live in the far east and get ht stuff earlier.

and i can tell u guys that there IS a difference when you're viewing this figure in hand. it doesn't eliminate the weird mouth and jawline. and i still dislike the ugly seams along the dome.

but it DOES look a little "better" in person. personally, it find it looks best from a side angle, with head looking down. u'll just have to see it for yourselves, i guess. maybe when those of u who buy it will disagree and say it looks identical to pics. but this is just my humble opinion. :peace

nice pic btw, mywii. did u get yours from xl shop in midvalley?

well the whole movie is quite dark to me and the alien only appear in a glimpse, so to me I am happy with it...:banana

And yet...the one part of the Alien you see in the movie...looks nothing like it did in the movie...

How about that.

Back