Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone mine today, really like it. I'm sure photos will follow.

Now this review I'm so curious to read.

Super grippy feet! :lol

1.gif

Funny with all the exactness desired here that no one seems bothered that the alien's tail seems to be able to switch to the the front of it's body at times.

Yeah the _____ tail always weirded me out. I thought it was maybe because it's the only way they could get the tail to curl up the way that they wanted.

Seriously Penis is blocked? That's ridiculous.

Well that's the fun of behind the scenes, what looks great on film is often pulled off using any trick that can achieve it in production.

I don't think that's behind the scenes, I think that's a shot from the movie. Anyway you can clearly see the front-tail in the film proper.

No, you can't see the front tail in the film. It's a behind the scenes shot.

You never see that scene that I posted. You just see the movement behind Brett as the Alien comes down.

And, the tail was attached at the front in that scene for 2 reasons...

- To make the tail longer, as it's used to pick Brett up
- To avoid undue stress on the connection in the back of the suit

You can see it when they do the passing shot of the alien hanging from the chains. I'm unsure now, I'd have to go and look again but I could swear you can.

You never get that clear a view of the Alien until the end of the film, there was a progression of reveal throughout, the clearest you could see with Brett was the mouth, then you saw hands and face with Dallace, then full waist up with Lambert and Parker and finally you see all of it when it comes after Ripley.

You can see it when they do the passing shot of the alien hanging from the chains. I'm unsure now, I'd have to go and look again but I could swear you can.

Nope, you still can't see it in that shot.

The Alien is curled into a ball and you're looking at the top of it's head.

You never see how the tail is connected.

I was thinking that was just his way of letting you know he was interested in being more than just friends.

I really love some of the various garage kits (and other sorts of model kits and statues) that have come out over the years.

Nope, you still can't see it in that shot.

The Alien is curled into a ball and you're looking at the top of it's head.

You never see how the tail is connected.

Plus that scene is from the recent Director's Cut, so it doesn't count for me.

I just wondered if you could live with the problems you see, or if you decided you couldn't. I actually admire your resolve more for sticking to your guns and deciding it's not for you.

And yeah, I'm sad enough to have freeze framed a few moments on the DVD and I can see where you are coming from in your comment, but for me the pose you showed (although well shot) can't represent something you see in the move. You need moody lighting, strong shadows and a dark background. At the moment I have mine on a bookshelf, half in shadow, and I can say hand on heart I am very, very happy with him. He's not perfect, but it's the best 1/6th (proper 1/6th) ALIEN out there.

And that sir, is all that matters.

Besides, I am so fickle I'll probably see it in the Forbidden Planet one rainy pay day, suddenly decide it's totally cool regardless, and reach for my wallet. :lol

I challenge anyone to find me a shot in the movie where the Alien looked like this:

100_1007.jpg

Whereas I can point to several actual film stills that do look like The Medicom.

None of which is meant to say that people shouldn't enjoy this figure. You pays your money, you takes your choice. I could even argue that it's a cool figure, despite the glaring inaccuracies. But some people are in full on denial about those inaccuracies. We're talking fact here, like it or not.

alien-air-duct-alien.jpg

Found the pose. But yet still doesnt share a likeness. Imagine that. I agree with the post that I quoted.

A couple of pics incoming, way more to come but maybe not until tomorrow.

More pics tomorrow, but I had to take a few because I was happy to find that not only does it easily assume this pose but it's also pretty stable in this pose since the tail acts kinda like a third leg.

All taken in super low light lit with a bunch of led keychain lights.

4273044026_9afe5a48f2_b.jpg

4273049086_1071b100b2_b.jpg

4272303725_a7f01f9d31_b.jpg

Back