Hot Toys - MMS 100 - Terminator Salvation - Marcus Wright- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick up a new camera today and took a few shots, but then I realize I had zero photo skill at all .... going full auto mode all the time :banghead

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Don't sell yourself short...these are great shots!

Got my 25 days notice from Sideshow today.

I'm just requoting this incase anyone missed the email, my email account was messed up at the time and I never got the notice so I have to use this to keep track of Sideshow getting him. wofford posted this 10/1, so about 2 more weeks before Sideshow starts shipping him, looking forward to it, I'm glad to have Connor, and it adds to my Terminator collection, but I'd like to have another figure that has the T:S look to compliment, which Marcus' costumes do, Endos don't really have a signature on them like the resistance costumes of T:S.

I'm just requoting this incase anyone missed the email, my email account was messed up at the time and I never got the notice so I have to use this to keep track of Sideshow getting him. wofford posted this 10/1, so about 2 more weeks before Sideshow starts shipping him, looking forward to it, I'm glad to have Connor, and it adds to my Terminator collection, but I'd like to have another figure that has the T:S look to compliment, which Marcus' costumes do, Endos don't really have a signature on them like the resistance costumes of T:S.

T-600 RUBBER SKIN VER?
Nothing says T:S more than that does.

T-600 RUBBER SKIN VER?
Nothing says T:S more than that does.

No, what really stood out for me in T:S were the costumes and the worn out look of the image quality, Marcus and John capture the costumes, John's head paint with the dirt and all does a good job mixed with the weathering on his costume to have that worn look, and from what I can tell, Marcus does it well too.

The T-600 is unique to T:S but it didn't leave an impression on me, not enough screen time like the other elements I mentioned which dominated the movie, which is taking too long to hit DVD grrr...

No, what really stood out for me in T:S were the costumes and the worn out look of the image quality, Marcus and John capture the costumes, John's head paint with the dirt and all does a good job mixed with the weathering on his costume to have that worn look, and from what I can tell, Marcus does it well too.

The T-600 is unique to T:S but it didn't leave an impression on me, not enough screen time like the other elements I mentioned which dominated the movie, which is taking too long to hit DVD grrr...

:monkey1
Maybe you should see the figure in person. :confused:
I'm not trying to convince you, I'm simply having a hard time seeing it from your POV because when I think of T:S, I think of the 600.
The noise alone, when they moved......! :google

As for the worn out look, the mask, clothing, and rusted metal is all there.
If not an endo, what/who would you like?

Different things have different impressions. I'm often first drawn to cinematography if it's interesting because of my interest in photography and all, the biggest thing that stuck with me about T:S was the effects done to the picture to give it a feeling, and I've always felt that the costumes in T1/T2 for the resistance were too uniform for an army scrambled together post apocalypse, so when all the costumes of T:S seemed to be each person sort of scrapping together whatever they could, that really stuck with me too.

Different things have different impressions. I'm often first drawn to cinematography if it's interesting because of my interest in photography and all, the biggest thing that stuck with me about T:S was the effects done to the picture to give it a feeling, and I've always felt that the costumes in T1/T2 for the resistance were too uniform for an army scrambled together post apocalypse, so when all the costumes of T:S seemed to be each person sort of scrapping together whatever they could, that really stuck with me too.

This!
Anyways, if HT wasn't lying to us, we won't be seeing anyone else from T:S. As for their reason.....I think they should have come up with a better one. How many figures did AVP have again? :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm building my T-600 rubber mask collection.
1 more to go, and it's already in the mail.:banana
I don't have enough endos to wear them though. :eek:
SSS043.jpg

I believe HT is telling the truth, Reese is probably the only non-machine I could see them making that they haven't, and odds are he'd be a weak seller so they'll just move onto the rest of the franchise where smart money lies.

I believe HT is telling the truth, Reese is probably the only non-machine I could see them making that they haven't, and odds are he'd be a weak seller so they'll just move onto the rest of the franchise where smart money lies.

Yeah, I think Reese would require another custom body too.
Sucks.
There was a custom Blair up on ebay not too long ago though.
You might want to go that route.

Reese wouldn't require a custome body, they could get away with him well enough on the slim, it's a little shorter and certainly has a 12 year old boy type build.

:monkey1
Maybe you should see the figure in person. :confused:
I'm not trying to convince you, I'm simply having a hard time seeing it from your POV because when I think of T:S, I think of the 600.
The noise alone, when they moved......

That noise was great! Very sinister and threatening. In fact, the whole sound design for the movie was excellent...should reall rock the sound system on BR!

The T-600 is on my "someday" list of figures to get...I've been impressed with the shots of it I've seen in here so far.

I'm glad you noticed the well-rendered concept behind the costumes. They really diid look like folks just pulled together whatever they could find and it looks really effective. The one thing about the T-600 that makes it truly important to the overall saga to me is...it's the one Kyle spoke about to Sarah in the first movie...those "early ones that were easy to spot" with those terrifying rubber masks that were shredded beyond belief by endless days on the streets terminating humans.

Sean, I know you mentioned not seeing enough of them in the film, but in this case, I think less is more. They were the obsolete model...with what few still functioning just roaming the cities on patrol while Skynet was busy with the T-800s...they pack a visual and aural punch that has never been featured in any of the other films and the Hot Toys figure looks to have been rendered to perfection in capturing this hulking killer...

Anyways, if HT wasn't lying to us, we won't be seeing anyone else from T:S. As for their reason.....I think they should have come up with a better one. How many figures did AVP have again? :rolleyes:
]

What was their "reason"?(Maybe it was mentiond earlier..but I missed it) Surely the line has fared pretty well for them...I think it's sad if true that a Kyle Reese figure may never see the light of day....the three of them, Connor, Marcus and Reese would have made a great display...

Oh, and I got my notice about Marcus too...really looking forward to this one...

Reese wouldn't require a custome body, they could get away with him well enough on the slim, it's a little shorter and certainly has a 12 year old boy type build.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a custom homeless person? :eek::lol
(that almost looks like an X-mas tree in the background)
Kyle-Reese-and-friends-are-captured-terminator-salvation-6525263-800-532.jpg

BTW jedibear, HT announced that hey had no further plans to make Ts figures because "the line already has too many figures".
I can think of 10 off the top of my head. (600's being most of them)
I don't know where they get their logic, but I'd imagine you'd keep the ball rolling if a line was doing well.

Last edited:
I'm glad you noticed the well-rendered concept behind the costumes. They really diid look like folks just pulled together whatever they could find and it looks really effective. The one thing about the T-600 that makes it truly important to the overall saga to me is...it's the one Kyle spoke about to Sarah in the first movie...those "early ones that were easy to spot" with those terrifying rubber masks that were shredded beyond belief by endless days on the streets terminating humans.

Sean, I know you mentioned not seeing enough of them in the film, but in this case, I think less is more. They were the obsolete model...with what few still functioning just roaming the cities on patrol while Skynet was busy with the T-800s...they pack a visual and aural punch that has never been featured in any of the other films and the Hot Toys figure looks to have been rendered to perfection in capturing this hulking killer...

Oh less was effective for the film, just ineffective at leaving a lasting impression for me, and for the reason you attached to the T-600 is also a reason I didn't. I had an idea of what a T-600 would be from Reese's description in T1 for years, basically thinking the Arnold T-800 but with a much more primitive effort at the skin, as any product going through development would evolved, but when they supersized it for T:S it wasn't the T-600 I anticipated.

It's darn cold in the desert night.

Personally, I don't think I need a TS Kyle Reese figure. I like the character and actor enough from that film, but his outfit is kinda boring. Maybe if/when the sequel hits HT should do one.

BTW jedibear, HT announced that hey had no further plans to make Ts figures because "the line already has too many figures".
I can think of 10 off the top of my head. (600's being most of them)
I don't know where they get their logic, but I'd imagine you'd keep the ball rolling if a line was doing well.

Their logic escapes me too..."too many figures"? Are they selling? Is the line successful? Seems so...

What are the 10? The only ones I can think of are:
T-700
T-600 Concept Version
T-600(Rubber Mask)
T-700 Factory Dio
John Connor V1
John Connor V2 "Final Battle"
Marcus Wright

There could be convention/vendor exclusives I'm missing here. but these are the general figures aren't they?

The figures have all been well-rendered representations of their characters...and we saw HT go the extra mile with JC with the head paint fiasco...

Oh well...on the one hand, I wish they would keep that ball rolling and on the other, I understand not wanting to run it into the ground and end up with figures that don't sell. I'll just enjoy the ones they've done and slowly work on getting the ones I haven't got yet...

C'mon, Marcus!

Last edited:
Back