Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the face looks nice in that manip, the proportions of the face just feel off, squished. I don't think the head needs to be brought down, if anything's throwing it off, I think they've just got his hair too tight on the sides, and I wonder if part of that look was a concession to allow a single head for helmet or no helmet. Just for fun I airbrushed the skin texture out.

I don't really care if they change the sculpt or not, I'm happy with it as is, just like playing with photoshop and love T2 so figured I'd play too.

T10001.jpg

Yeah , the lack of texture helps imo to a point. Whilst he was young Robert Patrick's skin was very clear from what I can remember.

robert-patrick-t1000.jpg_byibevjun.jpg

The good news is, like all HT figures, the texture will be realistic on the production figure, you'll need special lighting conditions to bring it out, like T-800, it can just be misleading on prototypes because it is so prominent to survive the molding process.

This is a good example of Patrick, in this sort of lighting, a lot of face would be showing a fair ammount of the natural texture but he still looks fairly smooth. It's trait of T-1000 that stands out to me, he seemed creepier because his face almost looked fake.

T1000.gif

Even here there's some, because humans have it, but it's not strong, the proto shots have the effect really standing out more than normal. Same thing happened with John Connor and he turned out fine in production.

HDcap02.jpg

Here you can see his hair fuller on the side minimizing the ears. I don't think the HT ears really stick out too much, but the tighter hair makes them look further out. T-800's similar, HT's really making the hair on the sides of these guys a bit tighter to the head than they could do.

terminator_2_judgment_day_skynet_edition_5.png

Smoothing out the texture on his face does nothing to make his eyes and eyebrows more accurate, and I think that's one of the major factors throwing off the look.

Combine Sean's manip with the one Snake posted a couple pages back except un-squish the head and you've got the perfect Robert Patrick as T1000 sculpt.

Now THIS photshop is bang on. FULL credit to Wilson Chou on Facebook.

attachment.php

Smoothing out the texture on his face does nothing to make his eyes and eyebrows more accurate, and I think that's one of the major factors throwing off the look.

Combine Sean's manip with the one Snake posted a couple pages back except un-squish the head and you've got the perfect Robert Patrick as T1000 sculpt.

Here's just that.

T10002.jpg

If you're referring to the texturing, it'll be fine in production.

I've yet to feel that the texture on a production figure has been overdone, but a few prototypes have looked too much.

Amazing work, Sean. If HT's wants to outdo themselves they NEED to make sure the end result looks just like that. I'm waiting for that image to start talking! :lecture

As soft as HT hands are, you can just bend the finger into the trigger slot and use this hand that comes with the T-1000, or who knows, by the time this ships, they might through a true trigger hand in like the T-800s black t-shirt.

T2_T1000_PR7.jpg

The hands on T1000 are the regular true type hands, but the prison break one is a different sculpt

I know, just seems like some people, not saying you, seem to think this figure won't be able to hold the gun in his left hand with the hands he includes.

Back