Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little vid i made (Oh i thought you had gotten yours already kuz)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P1PbE6aDo7M" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Little vid i made (Oh i thought you had gotten yours already kuz)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P1PbE6aDo7M" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Strange, it's almost as if i see the figure smiling. But when i see any photo, you don't see him smiling. It's probably the lighting.

Anyway, this one store is selling it for 250 dollars, which is 167 in euros. Cheaper than the Bad figure i bought in my country. Seriously considering adding it to my collection, cause while at first i wasn't that impressed, on second thought/glance, i see that its damn accurate. But what is this stuff that i keep reading here about numbers? Say if i was to order this....

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21042&cat=0&page=1

Look at the ProdID....HT001565WL

Does this matter? And if so...why?

Last edited:
It's just a certificate that says it's one of 2,000, that's all. It came with the figures that were first sold at the exhibition in Japan. Beyond that, there's at least another 2,000 that aren't numbered and don't come with a certificate from the Hong Kong event. I think that's the story but I might have that wrong.

I don't understand really why people are going to such trouble and paying $50+ for the numbered/certificate edition (which several of you have said you've done). I believe most people want it because they think other people want it, they think it has this future value, but these other people only want it because they too think other people want it. If you sat all these people down individually I think you'd find very few have a personal interest in having a certificate that states they're one of such a huge number. It's not one of five, or one of ten, it's one of 2,000... On top of that there's at least another 2,000 that are the same but don't come with a certificate and so really it seems to me that the certificate is essentially a certificate for itself, a piece of paper that says it's one of 2,000 pieces of paper...

It's just a certificate that says it's one of 2,000, that's all. It came with the figures that were first sold at the exhibition in Japan. Beyond that, there's at least another 2,000 that aren't numbered and don't come with a certificate from the Hong Kong event. I think that's the story but I might have that wrong.

I don't understand really why people are going to such trouble and paying $50+ for the numbered/certificate edition (which several of you have said you've done). I believe most people want it because they think other people want it, they think it has this future value, but these other people only want it because they too think other people want it. If you sat all these people down individually I think you'd find very few have a personal interest in having a certificate that states they're one of such a huge number. It's not one of five, or one of ten, it's one of 2,000... On top of that there's at least another 2,000 that are the same but don't come with a certificate and so really it seems to me that the certificate is essentially a certificate for itself, a piece of paper that says it's one of 2,000 pieces of paper...

I think 1/2000 worldwide is very rare, considering there are 6billion+ people in the world.

Strange, it's almost as if i see the figure smiling. But when i see any photo, you don't see him smiling. It's probably the lighting.

Anyway, this one store is selling it for 250 dollars, which is 167 in euros. Cheaper than the Bad figure i bought in my country. Seriously considering adding it to my collection, cause while at first i wasn't that impressed, on second thought/glance, i see that its damn accurate. But what is this stuff that i keep reading here about numbers? Say if i was to order this....

I bought mine from Toys2.net and I'm getting it tomorrow I believe. No problems whatsoever.

As long as I have my Beat It Mike, I'm happy, I don't really care about the certificates.

I think 1/2000 worldwide is very rare, considering there are 6billion+ people in the world.

Yeah, I agree with you, it does seem very rare but over time I've come to see that somehow it isn't (and I think most people see it the same way). It's a small number, relatively, but somehow there always seems more than enough to go around.

People have also said that the 'Beat It' addition is likely not much less, or perhaps even more, than a good number of past HT releases.

When the numbered edition gets beyond, say, 100 (that number is debatable) it's just a cheap marketing gimmick, I think, a "selling point" not worth factoring in, not something to go out of one's way for. If you look around your room, I'm sure you'll see a few statues/figures that are numbered and "limited" and yet hold no great value today and never seemed in short supply. I'm looking now at a Gentle Giant Leatherface bust, 1 of 1000... Not far from that is a Dark Horse Simpsons statue, one of 600... Both are individually numbered. It seems like a very small number, something to clamor for, and yet I could buy them today for the same price I paid a year ago and find them just as easily too.

I liked this and the MJ Bad fig, but decided on this one instead. I went with the Japan one because I do like that these are numbered, and it's kind of fun to see what number you get. None of this stuff has any meaning if you don't have an interest in it. Its like art--would it make any difference if I got an original Picasso versus a reprint? Not to me, it's just a piece of paper or canvas with some colors on it. Is it important to some people who value the history or culture it represents? Of course. But really, why on Earth would you pay any kind of money for something that doesn't feed you, keep you healthy, put a roof over your head, etc etc etc.. It's just something people do for fun.

I just think it's strange to question people's collecting habits on a forum about collecting things, lol. As a collector, you have to appreciate there might be value in something that's perceived to be rare or limited, even if you in particular don't care for it.

Yeah, I agree with you, it does seem very rare but over time I've come to see that somehow it isn't (and I think most people see it the same way). It's a small number, relatively, but somehow there always seems more than enough to go around.

People have also said that the 'Beat It' addition is likely not much less, or perhaps even more, than a good number of past HT releases.

When the numbered edition gets beyond, say, 100 (that number is debatable) it's just a cheap marketing gimmick, I think, a "selling point" not worth factoring in, not something to go out of one's way for. If you look around your room, I'm sure you'll see a few statues/figures that are numbered and "limited" and yet hold no great value today and never seemed in short supply. I'm looking now at a Gentle Giant Leatherface bust, 1 of 1000... Not far from that is a Dark Horse Simpsons statue, one of 600... Both are individually numbered. It seems like a very small number, something to clamor for, and yet I could buy them today for the same price I paid a year ago and find them just as easily too.

For toy collecting world, 2000 might not seem rare, but who care who toy collectors think. If you think from a toy collectors perspective, its a dead end because there is always better than what you have.

But think from a more global scale.
Only 2000 in 7 billion. What are the chance any of your friends or relatives will have it?
ZERO

Now, I think you should be proud your MJ figure, as should I.

I liked this and the MJ Bad fig, but decided on this one instead. I went with the Japan one because I do like that these are numbered, and it's kind of fun to see what number you get. None of this stuff has any meaning if you don't have an interest in it. Its like art--would it make any difference if I got an original Picasso versus a reprint? Not to me, it's just a piece of paper or canvas with some colors on it. Is it important to some people who value the history or culture it represents? Of course. But really, why on Earth would you pay any kind of money for something that doesn't feed you, keep you healthy, put a roof over your head, etc etc etc.. It's just something people do for fun.

I just think it's strange to question people's collecting habits on a forum about collecting things, lol. As a collector, you have to appreciate there might be value in something that's perceived to be rare or limited, even if you in particular don't care for it.
I think this was very well put. :clap

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P1PbE6aDo7M" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

That's just Toys2 product code man. Theres 4000 of these 2000 from Tokyo and 2000 from Hong Kong.

Ok, thanks for the info about the numbers. I thought the numbers maybe meant that some of the figures looked different/less impressive,but i'm glad thats not the case. I'm definitely getting the figure. Now that i've thought about it, i'm probably getting all the figures,except for the Billie Jean one,simply too much money and not really worth that money imo.

Got Mine today :yess:
DSC06642.jpg

DSC06622.jpg

CAJCMCG3CAR8BPV1CAYV10XJCANFAPXJCAQFMC7ZCAQUCIYJCAXB27FUCAY9SYDACAU6A98FCAEKVOB0CAXI7PHDCA0QHZC4CAQ05SFOCAY3LGWZCASCZFZZCAUD10X4CAA9UL3ACACY.jpg

DSC06649.jpg

Let's Roll :wave
DSC06652.jpg

qqqq.gif

DSC06666.jpg

The real photo of Mike with glasses and the figure look very accurate actually, damn nice job by Hot Toys!!!

I can't remember at the moment, but what other clips did he have this look? With the hairdo like Beat it and Jheri Curl? Maybe this figure would look awesome with the Billie Jean clothing?

The glasses from her, you'd better ask
Seba aka Еlvis1976
8-7.jpg

I'll take more photos with glasses tommorow, now is dark in Moscow :monkey2

Back