Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my boss ships monday because thats my final payment ill probably see her by the end of next week. im pretty excited, despite the criticisms on this thread. im gonna display her in her poncho with the hood folded down holding the patriot. not too interested in the davey crockett. i was looking on ebay for a white horse but the cheapest one i found was $75 and it was brown. guess ill have to suck it up and buy it and do a repaint on it. :gah:

Just got mine today, have to say whilst the head is far from perfect it does look a hell of a lot better in person

If you can since no one wants too can you post a pic with the poncho on .

Yeah will do in a bit, thats how ive actually decided to display her :)
think im gonna make some tweaks to her head and then she should be spot on

Nice Logan, it's good to hear that it's better in person. A lot of the in-hand photos do look a hellva a lot better that the convention photos.

Sideshow message me back and said they haven't received a shipment yet should be any time now so mine hasn't shipped the wait is killing me

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Yeah will do in a bit, thats how ive actually decided to display her :)
think im gonna make some tweaks to her head and then she should be spot on

nice man, looking forward to getting mine. How's the lacing up the front of the legs? Do you think if they were sewn along the length of the sides of the legs it would be too bulky or seriously hinder movement?

I'm going to remove the entire front strip of lacing on the front of legs and use them for the sides of Big Boss's GZ sneaking suit.

nice man, looking forward to getting mine. How's the lacing up the front of the legs? Do you think if they were sewn along the length of the sides of the legs it would be too bulky or seriously hinder movement?

I'm going to remove the entire front strip of lacing on the front of legs and use them for the sides of Big Boss's GZ sneaking suit.

While the lacing at the back of the suit (running down the spine) is real (amaze they can achieve that)....
The lace at the front of the legs are fake.. both side are soft rubbery material glued to the suit.... I suspect it would be difficult to remove it....

I suppose you can remove the portion behind the black band of the right leg... not much is needed for the arms of the suit below???:
famitsu-pic.jpg

The arms don't need much, but there's laces running down the length of the leg from below the gold band down to the boots.

Yeah what Bandito said.
what about looking at some of the tactical vests?, they quite often have lace running up the sides

Yeah that was what I was originally going to do, but as you can see the way the laces are on the Boss's and Snake's sneaking suits are almost box-shaped instead of X-crossed. Being picky, I know, but I still have another option.

Thanks for the replies though guys.

Really looking forward to seeing how you'll do this custom, Jack. The GZ suit is very nice. Hopefully, Hot Toys will make it in the future.

Thanks man, I'm really excited about it as well. I found a nice fabric to use for the blue "rubbery" parts of the suits, just waiting for that to arrive and then time to start cutting and sewing.

While the lacing at the back of the suit (running down the spine) is real (amaze they can achieve that)....
The lace at the front of the legs are fake.. both side are soft rubbery material glued to the suit.... I suspect it would be difficult to remove it....

https://pwrcords.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/famitsu-pic.jpg

Ok I was wrong... after further evaluation the "lace" are real...

What HT did was use a thick thread and zig-zag through (stitch through) every white bump point on the rubber piece.

Same was done on the spine area...

Ok I was wrong... after further evaluation the "lace" are real...

What HT did was use a thick thread and zig-zag through (stitch through) every white bump point on the rubber piece.

Same was done on the spine area...

Is it i thought it was just patterned like lace although admittedly i havent had a proper play yet

Back