Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good figure would be able to speak for itself. It's hard to admit, but the very fact that the hardcore fans have to adamantly defend this figure against everyone (even me to an extent), just proves that it's not catching on with mainstream Hot Toys collectors, who aren't biased toward the MGS series.

Contrary to what everyone else has been saying, The Boss is supposed to be a beautiful woman. I mean, common, Snake never even loved another woman like he loved The Boss (not even Eva). It's just a shame that this figure doesn't reflect her femininity in the least.

Hopefully, Hot Toys can make some adjustments. But, even if they don't, I'll look forward to see what sort of amazing custom elvis1976 has planned for this figure (even if it's not for sale).

Well said. In the game her modest appearance alongside her brilliant personality ended up creating a rather beautiful character, not to mention people seem to forget she is 42. This figure doesn't capture that beauty at all. She was a tough lady, but by now means did she lack feminine charm.

Contrary to what everyone else has been saying, The Boss is supposed to be a beautiful woman. I mean, common, Snake never even loved another woman like he loved The Boss (not even Eva).
MGS3 said:
Eva: What's the story between you and The Boss?

Snake: She was like a mother... and my master.

Eva: And your lover?

Snake: It went deeper than that.

Eva: Deeper?

Snake: Half of me belongs to The Boss.

Eva: Do you love her?

Snake: No, nothing like that.
Snake has deeper feelings than a lover towards 'The Boss', but doesn't love her, yet, she was like a mother to him. That is some confusing relationship they have there :lol

I'll stick with teacher & student.

Snake has deeper feelings than a lover towards 'The Boss', but doesn't love her, yet, she was like a mother to him. That is some confusing relationship they have there :lol

It's obviously not be taken literally. He loves her like a soul mate. For him she was someone beyond just a figure of love. I always say they have a complex relationship as she plays the role of a mentor, sister, mother, lover, best friend, and soul mate all in one. Their relationship was very well done.

She gave birth on the battlefield, after being wounded whilst kicking serious Nazi ass. Not in some seedy South Korean abortion clinic.

:exactly:

Some People are just taking the piss because she's not an Avenger or Batman figure :dunno

I get some of the fans about the head. I see 90% The Boss, some tweaks would be nice but as a 42 year old hardened soldier i'm not expectng Babydoll here.

This figure is no different than lots of others that people don't see 100% likeness in, 90% is hardly a dealbreaker for me :)

Last edited:
It's obviously not be taken literally. He loves her like a soul mate. For him she was someone beyond just a figure of love. I always say they have a complex relationship as she plays the role of a mentor, sister, mother, lover, best friend, and soul mate all in one. Their relationship was very well done.
I think you can take "lover" out of there. I don't think they shared "The Joy" :)lol) with each other. Snake didn't even know about her chest scars until later. How close could they have gotten?

Eva: What's the story between you and The Boss?

Snake: She was like a mother... and my master.

Eva: And your lover?

Snake: It went deeper than that.

Eva: Deeper?

Snake: Half of me belongs to The Boss.

Eva: Do you love her?

Snake: No, nothing like that.

Snake: I killed her... my beloved... with my own hands...

You should play Peace Walker if you get the chance. Their relation was far too complex, even for Snake himself to understand :lol.

Like it. Bought it.

Like it aswell. Bought it aswell. :hi5:

the very fact that the hardcore fans have to adamantly defend this figure against everyone (even me to an extent), just proves that it's not catching on with mainstream Hot Toys collectors, who aren't biased toward the MGS series.

Why should it? not every HT customer has to be interested in every figure, those days are long gone.

im a big mgs fan but like many have said u will be able to get this figure for $170-$190 when it gets released... no point in pre ordering and honestly they don't even look that great .

im a big mgs fan but like many have said u will be able to get this figure for $170-$190 when it gets released... no point in pre ordering and honestly they don't even look that great .

Yeah I do agree both headsculpts are worlds from where they should be but hey, look at the prototype for Christopher Reeve and the final product. I do believe the final product will be great.

I just find it odd The Boss comes with the Davy Crocket suitcases they she carried in the beggining of Snake Eater... but she was wearing the BDU Naked Snake wore at that time. I'd like a BDU of The Boss.

It's a dead giveaway their doing a BDU of Naked Snake since it's titled [Sneaking Suit Version] rule of thumb with Hot Toys, if has "Version" it's name expect a variant.

I would like a bandaged up shirtless Naked Snake with his missing eye without the eye patch.

Yeah I do agree both headsculpts are worlds from where they should be but hey, look at the prototype for Christopher Reeve and the final product. I do believe the final product will be great.

I just find it odd The Boss comes with the Davy Crocket suitcases they she carried in the beggining of Snake Eater... but she was wearing the BDU Naked Snake wore at that time. I'd like a BDU of The Boss.

It's a dead giveaway their doing a BDU of Naked Snake since it's titled [Sneaking Suit Version] rule of thumb with Hot Toys, if has "Version" it's name expect a variant.

I would like a bandaged up shirtless Naked Snake with his missing eye without the eye patch.

bandaged up shirtless Naked Snake i would buy that in a heartbeat

523162_349414581787205_138228759572456_1051682_613874602_n.jpg

In this pic we can see the zip and buckle definately do work, so hopefully it'll go to the top, if not easily, then hopefully with some futzing

Back