Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$215 on SS is outrageous.
PO price is $160 here in Asia.
Links?

clear.gif

Po order for Singapore market is around $225 SGD which translates to $180.48 USD.
$160 USD PO pricing is way too good, maybe exclude shipping?

Just po this guy at bbts. $199.00 does seem alittle high though, looks like regular hot toys mms releases will not be under 200 going forward:( just gotto be more selective these days.

yanno, SS really is the way to go(uness you're as big a spaz as I am and needed it yesterday).

e-tailers can't discount more than 10% of what SS offers, so you're not saving that much money after shipping, plus SS gets the goods first AND rewards points. :D

it's also blowing my mind how any of you can be shocked/disappointed in the version of them we got considering the image they announced the license/teaser with.

just wow.

it's also blowing my mind how any of you can be shocked/disappointed in the version of them we got considering the image they announced the license/teaser with.

just wow.

Yeah I am already getting tired of these two threads because every post is the same thing. With The Boss, people who don't even give a ____ about the franchise find the need to walk in and make some sort of joke about how she doesn't look like a super model. For Snake, everyone thinks they are unique in preferring how he looked in MGS3 as well as preferring the fatigue and other camo outfits, despite pretty much every post prior to theirs saying the exact same thing.

We knew from the beginning that they were going to do The Boss and sneaking suit Naked Snake. It shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. The only thing that should have been a surprise was both of these coming out together and coming out so soon, but that's all good stuff.

A more valid complaint or point would be something like how The Boss's headsculpt is completely inaccurate to the 3DS and MGS3 design. I would argue Naked Snake looks perfect judging by what version they were going for. The material on his sneaking suit is awesome looking, articulation looks decent, his head sculpt is incredible, and he has an awesome set of accessories. The price is pretty fair too. He comes with an elaborate outfit and a lot of side stuff to work with, but he is also a totally new figure for them and he is coming from an expensive and difficult license to work with. If they can charge 190 (or however much he was) for some tall bald angry black man wearing a trench coat and holding some guns, I think Snake more than justifies his price.

Yeah I am already getting tired of these two threads because every post is the same thing. With The Boss, people who don't even give a ____ about the franchise find the need to walk in and make some sort of joke about how she doesn't look like a super model. For Snake, everyone thinks they are unique in preferring how he looked in MGS3 as well as preferring the fatigue and other camo outfits, despite pretty much every post prior to theirs saying the exact same thing.

We knew from the beginning that they were going to do The Boss and sneaking suit Naked Snake. It shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. The only thing that should have been a surprise was both of these coming out together and coming out so soon, but that's all good stuff.

A more valid complaint or point would be something like how The Boss's headsculpt is completely inaccurate to the 3DS and MGS3 design. I would argue Naked Snake looks perfect judging by what version they were going for. The material on his sneaking suit is awesome looking, articulation looks decent, his head sculpt is incredible, and he has an awesome set of accessories. The price is pretty fair too. He comes with an elaborate outfit and a lot of side stuff to work with, but he is also a totally new figure for them and he is coming from an expensive and difficult license to work with. If they can charge 190 (or however much he was) for some tall bald angry black man wearing a trench coat and holding some guns, I think Snake more than justifies his price.

:goodpost: :exactly: Wow. Yup, you've pretty much summed up everything that I wanted to say. I find the low level of maturity of some forum members quite astonishing. They obviously have no interest in the figures (or the franchise for that matter), but they just come in with sarcastic comments to annoy everyone.

But, I think everyone should just be thankful that these figures were even released. It was just several days ago that we were pondering if Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid would even see the light of day. Heck, even I was about to abandon all hope for this franchise.

yanno, SS really is the way to go(uness you're as big a spaz as I am and needed it yesterday).

e-tailers can't discount more than 10% of what SS offers, so you're not saving that much money after shipping, plus SS gets the goods first AND rewards points. :D

The only down side is that you can't use the reward points for anything that qualifies for free shipping, and that includes all of the Hot Toys figures. It doesn't make sense that you can earn reward points for purchases on Hot Toys figures, but you can't apply the points towards other HT purchases.

I share your sentiments, Solidus and Monger.
I am happy that HT has launch Metal Gear and I just like it as it is, maybe I am a HT fanboy but at least with HT...quality products are almost a guarantee.

At this rate with HT coming out so many quality stuff, I may never have enough money to get married...

If they released him in his camo outfit, there would be those wishing he was in his sneaking suit, or wishing he was in his Russian red camo outfit. Seriously, you CAN'T satisfy everyone.

POed at XL-shop.com for $178.

But it is $160-ish in Toyhunters HK.
Cool prices (considering), but I'm not sure about ordering from XL Shop, & I didn't find the Toyhunters shop. I might stick with SS, or somewhere I've used before. Thanks :D

I'm with you guys who say it should look more like the MGS3 in game model rather than the 3DS render.

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-codec-comm.jpg

i would love if they based the sculpt off of this, he looks fricking awesome like this even without the bandana. imo this sculpt looks way too rough and that isn't a bad thing at all but it's just not suited for MGS3. it's suited for Peace Walker which is where he looks rugged as hell. i want him to be clean and healthy looking because he was rather innocent in MGS3 it wasn't until PW where he became really war torn.

:goodpost: :exactly: Wow. Yup, you've pretty much summed up everything that I wanted to say. I find the low level of maturity of some forum members quite astonishing. They obviously have no interest in the figures (or the franchise for that matter), but they just come in with sarcastic comments to annoy everyone.

But, I think everyone should just be thankful that these figures were even released. It was just several days ago that we were pondering if Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid would even see the light of day. Heck, even I was about to abandon all hope for this franchise.

and that is why i'd wait till this thread reaches page 100+ for non-sarcastic comments regarding the figure to start coming in.

I'm with you guys who say it should look more like the MGS3 in game model rather than the 3DS render.

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-codec-comm.jpg

i would love if they based the sculpt off of this, he looks fricking awesome like this even without the bandana. imo this sculpt looks way too rough and that isn't a bad thing at all but it's just not suited for MGS3. it's suited for Peace Walker which is where he looks rugged as hell. i want him to be clean and healthy looking because he was rather innocent in MGS3 it wasn't until PW where he became really war torn.

Well yes and no. He was fairly rugged in the ending of MGS3 when he found out the truth.

That being said, I do agree and am not 100% happy with the sculpt.

Would love a dress uniform saluting version. :drool

Not last year, it was in 2010. And since then we haven't heard anything from them :lol.

Back