Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would they hype other figs when these ones havent even been released? Lets be honest if they make every single version of Snake this will likely be be everyones least favorite and eventually none crucial to your collection and no one in there right mind would buy these if they were already teasing a Jungle cammo Naked Snake and an MGS1 Solid with a Ninja and what ever else. They have to be able to "improve" with every realese or the liscense would be static in two years.

Captain America Avengers suit for sale at the same time as Captain America Rescue suit, not to mention all the iron mans for sale beside each other.

I really don't get where this "Hot Toys can't do in-game because it's not good enough" argument is coming from.

gsdx512x448noneinterlac.jpg

That mgs2 snake rendition reminds me of how they molded this (except for the beard)
snakeEater.jpg
w/c is ok for me if you are into that approach rather than having more realistic features.

That mgs2 snake rendition reminds me of how they molded this (except for the beard)
snakeEater.jpg
w/c is ok for me if you are into that approach rather than having more realistic features.

Why is what Ryan is saying so hard to grasp? Do we need to break it down like your a child?

You have the shape of his face and features, eyes, nose, cheekbones, lips and ears. You know how his hair is styled under his bandana. You take that and mold it, and then you paint up the eyes and skin to make them realistic. Of course it's not going to look like the render, it would look like a headsculpt if that render was made today in a gaming engine. If I told you this in person I think I would have to do it in a baby voice like parents do with their children... :dunno

I was commenting on your statement that Hot Toys hadn't shown anything else besides MGS 3 - which clearly isn't the case, as indicated by the many different characters from their poll. The main purpose of the poll (I'm assuming) was to hype the entire figure line. Raiden happened to win it by a large margin, so I would think that we should see a figure for him sometime next year.

But, as ZombieRepublican said, Hot Toys has the license for the entire series. I just hope that it doesn't end with these two figures alone. But with that said, I'm not going to scream "doom and gloom" just yet. In the mean time, I'll just hope for the best and see how Hot Toys plays this out.

Im with ya i want more figures but sadly i think this is all we might get is Mgs3.

For me what "off" about the sculpt is the kind of concave shape to his face.
light_ill41.gif

Other than that its great, the age marks are in the right place, the bandanna is the right size, sculpt and colour etc etc. For Solid though i would give him more "fierce" eyes.

His face looks like MGS1 Snake to me here:
NakedSnakeHD310_zps55d9e196.jpg

But basing MGS2 Snake on his in-game model with the added improvements would be fantastic

But basing MGS2 Snake on his in-game model with the added improvements would be fantastic

:exactly:

It's definitely the Snake face that is probably the most burned into all our memories.

:exactly: Best rendition of Snake ever. Soo cool, especially those eyes and cheekbones.

Anyway, you guys know how much I love comparison shots. Just finished with another one:

bigbossmetalgearsolid37.jpg

Great comparison, aside from the darkness and thickness of the beard it looks excellent to me.

I guess your talking about the in game MGS3 model?

The HT sculpt is based on that Naked Sample render which in turn is based on the MGS4 & MGSPW in game models. I prefer the original, it's more badass but thats just me. He is too much of a Che rip off at this point and was very apparent in MGSPW.

I guess your talking about the in game MGS3 model?

The HT sculpt is based on that Naked Sample render which in turn is based on the MGS4 & MGSPW in game models. I prefer the original, it's more badass but thats just me. He is too much of a Che rip off at this point and was very apparent in MGSPW.

Yeah, it kinda bugs me post-PW, MGS3 was reverse engineered to Che Guevara.

Yeah, it kinda bugs me post-PW, MGS3 was reverse engineered to Che Guevara.

I understand they are going for the retconned beard of the MGS4 era but I think the more manly full beard suits young Big Boss. Old Big Boss should be more well kept since he's not exactly the in the field type at that age and more the commander type.

So, does anyone have ideas how to mod the beard on this figure, to make it look connected? :monkey4

So, does anyone have ideas how to mod the beard on this figure, to make it look connected? :monkey4

I think some some clay to link the mustache to the beard, and honestly he should have more beard hair. It's too thinned out and too ethnic, if I could use the word.

I hated when they did that. I guess it was more cost effective to just copy and paste his head from MGS3?
I saved myself the headache and assumed that Solid Snake grew into that look somewhere between the events of MGS2 & 4. :)

Oh wow, you just planted that idea into my brain. That would definitely improve the figure!

Also, isn't the HT beard too low? It was definitely higher to the cheeks in-game. Maybe it could be modded too?

]
63811_10151121151602344_534075186_n.jpg

Since the Prototype it's bugged me that the Rifle is not accurate to the game.

Even Medicom got it right, and it has a silencer.

29gd6kg.jpg

Back