Hot Toys Matrix:Revolutions 1:6th A.P.U. - Wouldnt it be Nice ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Beach boys said it best :

"You know it seems the more we talk about it
It only makes it worse to live without it
But lets talk about it
Wouldnt it be nice"

It would wouldnt it ???
--

WHY NOT?

HOT TOYS produced the ALIENS power loader in 1:6. A 1:6 APU from THE MATRIX RELOADED/REVOLUTIONS is possible. I'll probably end up buying one. Granted, it'll be more expensive than the ALIENS power loader. Probably twice the amount. I'm guessing it'll be for die hard collectors.

Then again . . . I wish HOT TOYS would produce a 1:6 alien queen from ALIENS as well.

I would much rather have Iron Monger than this. I mean they both look cool but this is bigger than Monger and Hot Toys said Monger was too big. Which im still bitter about. I totally would have paid for it.:monkey2

The A.P.U is significantly larger than the Power Loader. I would say around 25-26" Tall, 15" wide. It would probably cost around $800 and thats being generous :google

People seem to say they wanrt things just 'cause they're cool in a film, without thinking about just how big they'd actually be in 1/6 scale, and how much they'd cost.

Look I'd like a 1/6 scale death star too but that aint gonna happen.

oh, and as for the Batmobile, that's way smaller than this matrix thingy

People seem to say they wanrt things just 'cause they're cool in a film, without thinking about just how big they'd actually be in 1/6 scale, and how much they'd cost.

Look I'd like a 1/6 scale death star too but that aint gonna happen.

oh, and as for the Batmobile, that's way smaller than this matrix thingy

Not to mention a whole lot less complex...heck, HT hasn't even completed RoboCain yet.

My old McF one is holding up OK... well I say that, a friend brought it back for me from the US and one of the arms was broke at the shoulder, but after a quick repair job it's been fine ever since.

I'm surprised, though that there hasn't been more lovefor the Matrix from high profile collectible manufacturers like SSC and HT across the board. Hell, I'd even settle for a smaller scale APU/Sentinel dio. The McF Sentinel is the only Matrix collectible that I felt deserved my cash and I recently paired it with the Neo complement piece that I found for $5. For me, I suppose that's enough representation of the Matrix trilogy, but I'd like to see a ressurection of the toyline to see what could be done these days.

Last edited:
I think we would have a better chance of a Sentinel . Which i would love

They already made one,next ? Neo/Trinity then A.P.U

3731811097_2a66bf9eed_o.jpg

i actually have been wanting that mcfarlane APU for quite some time. i recently got the ultimate matrix collection on bluray and pretty much fell in love with those movies all over again. granted, im a not a huge scifi guy, i only really liked the star wars movies (thats more fantasy then scifi) and perhaps a couple other moviesw like T2 and the first Predator. but the matrix trilogy is the one scifi epic that really caught my interest and that i think is just plain cool. trying to get a mcf APU is rediculously hard and even expensive since it seems to be a rare and sought after piece. luckily i was able to get one at a decent price from a fellow freak on these boards and yes, the center was split in half but its nothing that cant be fixed with a little super glue. now it sits proudly on my shelf. its more inscale with hasbros star wars or GI joe line, but thats cool with me. the detail and articulation is just amazing and looks exactly like the APU from the films. i wasnt nuts about the "real world" segments of the films, but the APU vs Sentinel seige in Revolutions was just AWSOME and made me think differently afterwards. even though the mcfarlane line of matrix figures wasnt great with articulaqtion, they at least looked nice enough for display and some were in pretty sweet action poses that you could spueeze a little "play time" wit them if you wanted to, except for that seated morpheus lol. i got rid of my mcfarlne sentinel last summer, now i regret it. but at the samr time, that sentinel was about 5 times too big and seems out of scale with the APU. im thinking the N2 sentinal would be more appropritly scaled.

anyway, im glad i finally got it. feels like im in a secret club cuz its such a rare item and i now have it lol. but i seriously doubt they will make a 1/6th scale APU, its just way too big but im sure it would be awwsome to see.

My APU is precariously balanced on a makeshift mid-section joint...like mifunes got his own swivel chair : )

Shudder at the thought of a 1/6 version of this...where would i put it, let alone the broken pieces...

Back