Hot Toys Mark V Proto is out!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, are you kidding? mark 1 2 3 and then a variant on all of them and then a comic con version. Now its mark 4 and the suit case version. then ther will be a 5 and a 6 with variations! whats the difference between 4 and 5? A freaking triangle repulsor :clap brilliant

News flash boyo: Don't buy them:dunno No point crying yourself to sleep over it..

lol, are you kidding? mark 1 2 3 and then a variant on all of them and then a comic con version. Now its mark 4 and the suit case version. then ther will be a 5 and a 6 with variations! whats the difference between 4 and 5? A freaking triangle repulsor :clap brilliant

In all fairness, HT seems to be finished with the first Iron Man film, so products from the second film should be treated as a different property altogether. I don't know if the market is actually watered down, considering their IM1 figures are sold out practically everywhere and are hard to come by.

A lot of what you said above is a bit exaggerated to support your point. There has been only one Mark 1, one Mark 2, and 3 versions of the Mark III. Not totally ridiculous if you compare those numbers with, say, The Dark Knight HT figure releases. really, any company doing products based on this property would follow a similar practice. Yes, there will probably be variants of the upcoming IM2 armors, but who knows what'll happen until it happens?

Oh, and the Mark VI has the triangle chest repulsor, not V.

ap20100601084030958.jpg

Well...just from this proto shot...I'm really liking the look of this one.
I'm not getting all of the carping about it being " too slim". It's the suitcase suit, not one that comes out of the workshop in Malibu...it should be slim, heavily segmented (almost scale-like), and more form-fitting. Looks great...can't wait to see it painted up...if it looks as good as the other Mark versions, it could be among the most unique offering yet for IM figures...and be a perfect display companion with Whiplash...

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 5 photo

Hi all, if your are hot toys fans, this Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 5 you cannot miss.
Hot-Toys-iron-man-mark-5-1.jpg

Hot-Toys-iron-man-mark-5-2.jpg

Hot-Toys-iron-man-mark-5-3.jpg

I imagine the metal paint on Mark 5 will look something like the T1000 head sculpt.

I'd really prefer if it was actual metal but then it would $350. Maybe they could make a VIP exclusive chrome faceplate

What HT really has it going for them is HS and paint op. In that regard they are undisputed the best mass market 1/6 company. But in term of a ironman figure, which is mainly a robot, (and seriously, the RDJ HS is below par of HT standard IMO) there are many companies that produce either just as good or better products.

No, I am talking about just IM. If another toy company can produce a better one, I will go buy from them.

Anyway, HT have my cash even before they know it. This version is now officially announced. I can't wait for Mk VI! And than we can rest for a few years until Avengers and IM3 hit the cinemas.

even if hot toys don't produce one i can't imagine sideshow won't make an iron man monger maquette one day

Fair enough, but your comment was specifically geared to HT. Hence my 'never going to happen' response.

Because it won't. Ever.

Funny I remember when Hottoys said they where going to do a Ironmonger and Gordon for Batman it was just going to be a while before they got there...

Funny I remember when Hottoys said they where going to do a Ironmonger and Gordon for Batman it was just going to be a while before they got there...

Never said they were going to make the Monger, just that they had interest in it. Gordon was said it would be made.

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 5 photo

Just saw the movie again tonight (it's probably in it's last week here) and I gotta say it again...this if definitely the IM suit I want represented in 1:6 scale...can't wait to see this painted up. Hope the accessory is a partially opened case (like it appears in the film as it lands at Tony's feet and he reached into it).

That Monaco sequence is the best one in the film and this suit just looks really cool....

definently an awesome suit and it is a purchase for me if the can pull of the paint right and it wont have any problems.

Back