Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at Reeve looking "wimpy." Cavil def looks more buff in that pic...but one thing I never understood...why does Superman have to have huge muscles? He's Superman.

Really when you think about it he never exerts himself, right? He should actually be fat, LOL!

Wimpy? Reeve was bigger than Cavil. And Superman doesn't get his strength from big muscles.

Its because people want their superheroes to look the part even if it doesnt make sense...

Reeve looked like the old school Supes that had hardly any definition. Cavil looks much more like the current Supes.

Thing is, Cavil Supes will fit in on people shelves much better than the Reeve figure simply because of design.

From an objective standpoint, the Reeve Superman films weren't great but they were all there was at the time and people who grew up watching them love Reeve as Superman. That doesn't mean, though, that this Cavil Supes can't be and look great...

Wimpy? Reeve was bigger than Cavil. And Superman doesn't get his strength from big muscles.

A man in light blue spandex looks off on the bog screen. It just doesnt translate from the comics well.

Same reason why Wolverine isnt wearing yellow spandex. (Granted the biker look was more of a miss as well)

Guess that is why they picked a skinny twig for Spiderman.

And lol to Reeve Superman figure not fitting in with other dolls on the shelf.

humongous_just_walk_away_zpse8e4915c.jpg

I have nothing against the Reeve Superman. I can appreciate it for what it is. But what it isnt, however, is timeless. The movies themselves arent great and the design is dated. This is why just about all comic book characters have been recently revamped, and most of them done so successfully.

"Superman" on the whole is a dated and silly concept...

And why they don't give the outfit a serious redo like Burton did to Batman in 1989 is beyond me. This new outfit looks to simply follow the trend that was set way back then and just keeps going. This one is basically Thor-style.

And why they don't give the outfit a serious redo like Burton did to Batman in 1989 is beyond me. This new outfit looks to simply follow the trend that was set way back then and just keeps going. This one is basically Thor-style.

:goodpost: :lecture :exactly:

The Cavill suit has the classic hallmarks though; the huge old school 'S' chest symbol, the draped over the shoulders cape with the wider neck line, the classic boots - that all helps solidify it's look.

I agree though - there should be more of a belt there if they're going with the motif at all - otherwise it's a bit pointless having a 'drawn on' one. Then again, there aren't any briefs to hold up this time, so.. :lol

That said - Cavill looks the part, & the suit is pretty sharp.

Can't wait for the HT figure - & I say that genuinely. :rock

This!:exactly::goodpost:

Oh I like Cavil and the new suit. I don't think it's superior to classic look.

I hope Cavil makes us believe he is Superman like Reeve did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back