Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
I'm hoping Lobby Neo is favorable because of the ammount of weaponry he has versus other appearances. After the first film, Neo never really was armed, it was mostly kung fu and other fighting, occassionally taking a weapon from the locale, like the chateau fight.

my goodness that figure would be armed to the teeth. im also hopin for this one myself

No doubt that Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith are the core characters of the films and HT knows these figures will sell.

But the robot-type figures and vehicles are the specialty of HT. Think about the Endos, Robocop, Ironman figures, the Power Loader, Bat-pod, etc. These really set HT apart from the other companies.

So I would like to see the sentinel and APU in 1/6 scale.

^ A sentinel is a possibility I guess, but the APU would be freaking huge.

Sentinels are just as big, I dont think the APU would be too much harder to do then the Power Loader was and they pulled that off what, 10 years ago almost? I think they could do it at a reasonable price.

THIS...
matrix_2_neo.jpg

AND THIS...
matrix_rev_trinity_asskicking.jpg

AND THIS...
morph.jpg

AND THESE...
matrix_twins_full.jpg

AND...
matrix-smith.jpg

HMMM...???

Agreed it would be amazing, but it's just completely unfeasable IMO. I think people are forgetting how much bigger it is to the power loader. Just look at pics of the APU and how small the guy looks inside it. It would be massive! Also think about all of the little parts and how breakable it would be. But that's just me.

Does Morpheus wear the same outfit in Reloaded, when he's fighting the Twins/Agents in the highway scene? (Edit: NVM, I see the differences now... Guess I'll need this and the one when he's in the chair in the first movie. I love Morpheus!)

This is what I want:

morpheus---matrix-reloaded-2310.jpg

I doubt Hot Toys would go outside the main 4 of Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Agent Smith. No one else is action-orientated enough.

The APU wouldn't happen in a million years. The sentinel? Maybe they could take a liberty with that one and make it smaller than it really ought to be in true 1/6th because unlike the APU it isn't a manned machine and therefore the smaller size wouldn't be glaringly obvious. But to be honest I still rather like the McFarlane one too.

I doubt Hot Toys would go outside the main 4 of Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Agent Smith. No one else is action-orientated enough.

Seraph is, as well as the Twins, though I do think they're not as likely to get made.

I wonder if Seraph may be more likely because he was played by a Chinese (well, Taiwanese) actor...

So do we know is these are being previewed at SDCC? Have I missed that announcement? I hope they are. At least a preview, hopefully a pre-order.

Back