HOT TOYS - M ICON SERIES -12 inches JAMES DEAN (Cowboy version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice figure and it looks great on all the photos posted.

I have seen a 1/6 clothes set of the film Rebel without a Cause on eBay some time ago.
They were sold in a wooden box and could give it an even more iconic look.

I remember seeing that about the time I got my Eric So figure, I'm pretty sure it was a bootleg product and sold as something like 'Rebel within a box' and sold for a lot of money. I saw one on eBay recently but forgot to watch it. There were also a couple of pretty decent (for the time and price) JD figures released by Matel (I think). the outfits were OK but he had a 'Ken' like body. Here's one, there was also a rebel version you can see on the back of the box-
https://cgi.ebay.com/James-Dean-Cit...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I'm still hopefull HT will give us figures from Eden and Rebel eventually.

Yes, believe the set was called "Rebel in the box" or something like that.
It was also shown with the Eric So figure it, so maybe it was like an expansion set.
(on the photos he was leaning on the box)
Also looked much more acurate and better quality than the Ken version has - that one even has the wrong jacket.

Hot Toys would really milk this scupt should they produce 2 more versions of him; they already used it for an American soldier and this cowboy.

Here's that 'rebel' outfit we were talking about-
https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Eric-...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Still working on the words for the review, but I took a few shots last night-

boxfront.jpg

riflepose2.jpg

sittingheavyshadow.jpg

smoking1.jpg

withmarilyn.jpg

Here he is with the specs from the first HT Jamed Dean-
inglasses2.jpg

Nice photos Wookster (glasses fit perfectly)

And I wish I had never seen Brokeback Mountain (if you know what I mean)

Nice photos Wookster (glasses fit perfectly)

And I wish I had never seen Brokeback Mountain (if you know what I mean)

Especially with Brando in his biker gear next... soon we'll have the full Village People line up!

We live in sad post moderist times when nothing is innocent anymore!

You may have seen Michaels new thread for this and his great Will Turner lowdown, but here's the link for JD anyway-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060608b.htm

Doh!!
I just realised I didn't mention one of the packagings highlights, the figure comes surrounded in sponge/foam! This is just like the Enterbay packaging (remember how Woody was packed in Toy Story two). Anyways, sorry for not covering it, but here are a coule of pics so you can see how it looks-

innerbox.jpg

unpacking.jpg

Infoampacking.jpg

And another detail shot of those amazing jeans for good measure!
jeansdetail1.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait to get mine, he looks beautiful. Thanks for all the reviews! :)

I'm not a James Dean fan by any stretch of the imagination - but this is a great figure. I'd buy Joe Schmoe from Kokomo if he was done this well.

I wish every figure came in the foam- I guess if you have any retail presence at all you want people to be able to see into the package - but this is the ultimate in collector friendly.

And this jean material is amazing. It looks exactly like weathered jeans, but feels like a different kind of fabric altogether. And I thought from the pics that the hat would look too big, but it works.

Great figure all around - can't wait for Brando!

Wow that's another winner from HT. Looks like they might be using a body similar to the one used for the TDK Batman figure.

Well, crud, I still want it, but I already made
one with the last James Dean Icon figure.
:slap

Got the cowboy james dean jeans yesterday, loose, for a custom House. Pretty amazing quality, and they fit the trutype so well

Back