HOT TOYS: Lost Predator Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like i said, they're going for the jugular and people are spewing to buy a full figure. ss used to make accessory packs for their military figures. there was a lot of stuff for $20. let's just say $50 for a predator variant's accessories. would you buy them? with people paying as much as that for a variant pred mask alone, it's a no-brainer.

Not everyone has multiples to be doing variants...

Not everyone has multiples to be doing variants...

the beauty of accessories is that you only need one figure to have several different display options. good for those that have little space and a thin wallet.

Still wanna see some quality pics, but going by the last few Pred releases this will be just as, if not more cool than what went before.
Count me in!

the beauty of accessories is that you only need one figure to have several different display options. good for those that have little space and a thin wallet.

Good Points.... I just like to have a big lineup man...

Precisely because the Lost Hunters are a mostly a minor retool of the lead Predator, they can be done with a fraction of the effort that Machiko (for example) required. So there's nothing wrong with HT giving the completionists among us what we want.

Yeah.. but I'm saying: Make them discounted figures then. imo it'll be pathetic if they rehash a P2 body, repaint the body, add P2 armor, add/remove whatever minor variation that particular character had in the film (like one lost hunter has the shoulder armor but no chestplate, etc.) and then say "$139.99 + s&h. Thank you Chum........P" That would suck imo.

it sucks that you have to folk out cash full stop ---> .

anyway i really dont know why they dont release P1, like common HTs, dont be gay :lol

Yeah.. but I'm saying: Make them discounted figures then. imo it'll be pathetic if they rehash a P2 body, repaint the body, add P2 armor, add/remove whatever minor variation that particular character had in the film (like one lost hunter has the shoulder armor but no chestplate, etc.) and then say "$139.99 + s&h. Thank you Chum........P" That would suck imo.

Basically, they're charging what the market will bear. They are, after all, a profit-making organization. If you take the bigger picture, 'cash cow' releases like the Ancients or BD P2 - low effort, good return - bring in the money to take on riskier new developments (as a case in point, really unexpected stuff like Machiko). Would HT even have made the effort to do the P2 Elder if it wasn't largely identical to the original Predator? These are the sort of decisions that as a business they have to make. We might not like the results, but I can see why they're thinking that way.

ONLY when a release fails to sell quickly might you see the sort of change in tack that you describe; but based on the popularity of the Ancient Predators I can see why HT feel they can charge full whack for an obscure character variant. Actually, looking at Ebay I wonder if the Cleaner Kit Wolf might turn out to be the breaking point...

In addition, reducing the cost on later releases would in itself annoy a lot of people. Consider the BD P2 and Cleaner Kit Wolf; a lot of posters here seemed peeved that you got more for your money with the later releases, because they'd already forked out for the initial figures.

Finally, there's the question of how they execute it. As I've said before, the design they appear to have chosen is only slightly closer to the baseline P2 than the Elder was. In the film, it has a radically different colour scheme. With a few new accessories - say, a new non-human trophy skull, some invented weapons, maybe a Predator ship base - you would have a very different looking figure.

I have a feeling that Hot Toys will now go for the complete lineup of the Lost Hunters. Go on Hot Toys, milk us dry. You know we can't resist...

Sounds good, but I'm stretched too thin with all these releases...wife will only tolerate so much...I have two HT, 1 soldier story, and 1 ACE military preorders coming. I'm gonna hold off and wait for the (hopefully) Predator 1 and ALIEN. Still looking fwd to seeing pics of this guy though.

if they release one they will probably release all and I just don't 'know' them at all. don't get me wrong it will be a badass figure and all the lost hunters look great but they have no personality.

if they release one they will probably release all and I just don't 'know' them at all. don't get me wrong it will be a badass figure and all the lost hunters look great but they have no personality.

Agreed.

I hope they don't bring out P1 now because of the "willpower battle" that will ensue.

My wife would absolutely kill me if I buy another one.

Damn, why don't girls like Predator movies?

this is how i feel about boba fett. if you guys don't like him don't buy him. there's plenty of us here that will probably buy multiples so we can make custom Predators.

Back